• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe + codeine

I will also just add really quick that it doesn't make you sick immediately, but likely to make you very sick the majority of the next day after getting a night's rest..this probably wont happen with a lower dose of bupe such as 4mg or less, but with really any opioid if you take a high amount, regardless of having tolerance or no tolerance, hyper-sensitization of receptors can occur from one large dose and can cause you to have acute withdrawals the next day..so to clarify, even if you have no tolerance and havent been taking any opioids, this can happen with any large dose of any opioid. Wait some time for the codeine to leave your system, and I suggest taking no more than 4mg of sublingual bupe if you choose to chew the patch..wearing the patch is a different story..it will slowly release into your bloodstream, so it may take some time before you notice anything.

Cheers buddy

My patches are 10mcg/hr

How would I know to safety dose 4mg if I chew ?

I don’t want to overdo it

Cheers buddy

My patches are 10mcg/hr

How would I know to safety dose 4mg if I chew ?

I don’t want to overdo it

I wouldnt worry a whole lot about overdoing it..bupe is strong and it can definitely put you on your ass like any other very strong opioid, but theres no need to worry about an actual overdose if it is the only thing you are taking..you may just get extremely high and then be really sick the next day from being so high. I've seen at least a couple buddies become delirius and start talking complete mumbo jumbo nonsense and in complete and utter twilight land, not even aware of what they were doing or saying..one of them had just shot dope a few days prior also. So it is very strong.

How long is the patch made to last? 24 hours? 48 hours?

I wouldnt worry a whole lot about overdoing it..bupe is strong and it can definitely put you on your ass like any other very strong opioid, but theres no need to worry about an actual overdose if it is the only thing you are taking..you may just get extremely high and then be really sick the next day from being so high. I've seen at least a couple buddies become delirius and start talking complete mumbo jumbo nonsense and in complete and utter twilight land, not even aware of what they were doing or saying..one of them had just shot dope a few days prior also. So it is very strong.

How long is the patch made to last? 24 hours? 48 hours?

WOW! I thought bupe was a pretty crappy oppie for the nod and euphoria from reading about it ? but from what you said about your buds it seems like it can really get you “toasted” ! the patch is 24 hours

10mcg/hr for only 24 hours wow..that is a very weak patch..I wouldn't even worry then. At that dose you may barely even get off by chewing it up. How much codeine did you say you have been taking previously?

And yes, you can't exactly overdose on bupe because it is only a partial agonist so it has a ceiling effect at about 16mg, whereas any more will serve no purpose..however, with low or no tolerance, because it has such a high binding affinity, it is extremely potent..about 17 times as potent as oral morphine. It was quite hilarious giving my friends bupe for their first time. They were in complete delirium for the entire day/night until they couldn't stay awake any longer. When I got out of prison, I scored some subutex and took 2mg..I was nodding for the next two full days..went to sleep and woke up still nodding off the entire next day.

10mcg/hr for only 24 hours wow..that is a very weak patch..I wouldn't even worry then. At that dose you may barely even get off by chewing it up. How much codeine did you say you have been taking previously?

And yes, you can't exactly overdose on bupe because it is only a partial agonist so it has a ceiling effect at about 16mg, whereas any more will serve no purpose..however, with low or no tolerance, because it has such a high binding affinity, it is extremely potent..about 17 times as potent as oral morphine. It was quite hilarious giving my friends bupe for their first time. They were in complete delirium for the entire day/night until they couldn't stay awake any longer. When I got out of prison, I scored some subutex and took 2mg..I was nodding for the next two full days..went to sleep and woke up still nodding off the entire next day.

I have four patches so would fours patch’s = 1mg ?

10mcg/hr x 24 x 4 = about 1mg I think ?

Usually I will take 1000mg of codeine or DHC a day maybe some tramadol and some gaba or pregabalin as well

Today I took 300mg DHC plugged at lunchtime

And about 250mg of trams

Followed by 450mg of codine and 700mg gaba

Barely felt any of it lol

Last edited:
Hmm..that is a fairly decent tolerance then. Each patch would have about 240mcg so yes roughly 1mg for 4 patches..although may be a bit less by the time its said and done since you are having to chew up a patch which isn't exactly designed to be chewed up..

I would wait a couple days if possible to let some of those opioids get out of your system, especially the tramadol as its metabolites are active and last a decent amount of time. It sounds like you roughly have a tolerance equal to taking about 60mg of oral morphine per day, maybe a bit more..so to even get to that point with bupe would require about 4mg..so if you took 4mg of bupe, you would probably get off but not a whole lot. I would say 8mg would surely have you high..but that is far from 1mg.

Hmm..that is a fairly decent tolerance then. Each patch would have about 240mcg so yes roughly 1mg for 4 patches..although may be a bit less by the time its said and done since you are having to chew up a patch which isn't exactly designed to be chewed up..

I would wait a couple days if possible to let some of those opioids get out of your system, especially the tramadol as its metabolites are active and last a decent amount of time. It sounds like you roughly have a tolerance equal to taking about 60mg of oral morphine per day, maybe a bit more..so to even get to that point with bupe would require about 4mg..so if you took 4mg of bupe, you would probably get off but not a whole lot. I would say 8mg would surely have you high..but that is far from 1mg.

Thanks bro, really appreacite you taking the time to reply and explain and share your experiences and helping me to understand more about bupe .

From what you said it would seem chewing all four would be pretty much a waste of time in terms of getting off from the patches

Plus I would have to deal with no other oppies for a few days and mild withdrawals

Yup, I would say that would be a pretty big waste. Wouldn't serve much purpose unless you wait for those other opioids to get out of your system unfortunately. Save'm as a backup in case you run out of everything else..in which case I would say they would serve a great purpose to actually put on your skin so you can stretch it out.

Yup, I would say that would be a pretty big waste. Wouldn't serve much purpose unless you wait for those other opioids to get out of your system unfortunately. Save'm as a backup in case you run out of everything else..in which case I would say they would serve a great purpose to actually put on your skin so you can stretch it out.

So if I ran out of other oppies I could use the patches to keep me from going through w/d symptoms ?

I imagine as they are weak I would probably need to put on two or so lol

So if I ran out of other oppies I could use the patches to keep me from going through w/d symptoms ?

I imagine as they are weak I would probably need to put on two or so lol
More than likely a couple would be needed yes..but yes, bupe is quite amazing at mitigating withdrawals from virtually any opioid. The first day or two may be rough if your tolerance is sky high, but I imagine that patches would work even better for stabilizing your receptors than traditional sublingual methods..even at a very low dose like that I would imagine it would work very well. If you find yourself in that situation, i would chew the first couple up then put the other two on the skin, probably one at a time for 48 hours to stretch it out.

More than likely a couple would be needed yes..but yes, bupe is quite amazing at mitigating withdrawals from virtually any opioid. The first day or two may be rough if your tolerance is sky high, but I imagine that patches would work even better for stabilizing your receptors than traditional sublingual methods..even at a very low dose like that I would imagine it would work very well. If you find yourself in that situation, i would chew the first couple up then put the other two on the skin, probably one at a time for 48 hours to stretch it out.

One last question bro with the bupe what would happen if I wore the patches but kept
Taking my normal dosage of DHC / codeine

Would it make my w/d from the other oppies or just over power the DHC

One last question bro with the bupe what would happen if I wore the patches but kept
Taking my normal dosage of DHC / codeine

Would it make my w/d from the other oppies or just over power the DHC
It is kind of tough to say, as you can never truly know the exact concentrations to which your receptors are saturated..doctors prescribe multiple opioids together all of the time, but bupe is quite different than all other opioids. At bupe doses lower than 4mg, taking other opioids with bupe will most likely work as 4mg is roughly the dose where bupe occupies and fills all available receptors, meaning anything 4mg or more would be pointless to take other opioids with as they will have no receptors to occupy..that being said, it should work fine to take your usual doses of other opioids with a bupe patch at that low of a dose. Now whether or not you get a satisfying "high" from mixing the two, it is hard to say. If you aren't getting high from your usual dose of codeine and such, adding a bupe patch is highly unlikely to add any effect. It would still be a waste of a bupe patch.

It is kind of tough to say, as you can never truly know the exact concentrations to which your receptors are saturated..doctors prescribe multiple opioids together all of the time, but bupe is quite different than all other opioids. At bupe doses lower than 4mg, taking other opioids with bupe will most likely work as 4mg is roughly the dose where bupe occupies and fills all available receptors, meaning anything 4mg or more would be pointless to take other opioids with as they will have no receptors to occupy..that being said, it should work fine to take your usual doses of other opioids with a bupe patch at that low of a dose. Now whether or not you get a satisfying "high" from mixing the two, it is hard to say. If you aren't getting high from your usual dose of codeine and such, adding a bupe patch is highly unlikely to add any effect. It would still be a waste of a bupe patch.

Thanks again ! I might try two with the codeine and stash the others for emergencies

That would be about 0.5mg of bupe .

I find when I add a new drug into the mix say tramadol it works for the first 1-2 times and then the body adapts and no more
Euphoria / nod etc

I assume if I wear the patches as an experiment for 1-2 weeks it won’t be enough time and high of a bupe dose to get me dependent?

Thanks again ! I might try two with the codeine and stash the others for emergencies

That would be about 0.5mg of bupe .

I find when I add a new drug into the mix say tramadol it works for the first 1-2 times and then the body adapts and no more
Euphoria / nod etc

I assume if I wear the patches as an experiment for 1-2 weeks it won’t be enough time and high of a bupe dose to get me dependent?
Yup, let us know how it goes..I'd be interested to hear the results. It may very well serve a purpose if the right amount of bupe is used..half a mg would seem like a good dose to mix in. If your tolerance isn't shot, it may very well get you off.

Yup, let us know how it goes..I'd be interested to hear the results. It may very well serve a purpose if the right amount of bupe is used..half a mg would seem like a good dose to mix in. If your tolerance isn't shot, it may very well get you off.

Will do bud

I’ve been using a mix of codine / DHC / tram and gaba all day shall I attach the patches now or wait till the am

I know as the are time released they take 1-2 days to hit full “concentration”.

Will do bud

I’ve been using a mix of codine / DHC / tram and gaba all day shall I attach the patches now or wait till the am

I know as the are time released they take 1-2 days to hit full “concentration”.
If it were me, I would definitely hold off until the morning..let your brain get a night's rest to help purge and reset receptors, and then I would chew the two patches up right before taking the other opioids. I wouldn't expect a huge result from this as all of the opioids will be competing at many receptor sites and will lose its spot to the bupe, but the bupe will serve to help occupy any receptors left unoccupied by the other opioids..so take the bupe first, followed by other opioids about 20-30 minutes in.

If it were me, I would definitely hold off until the morning..let your brain get a night's rest to help purge and reset receptors, and then I would chew the two patches up right before taking the other opioids. I wouldn't expect a huge result from this as all of the opioids will be competing at many receptor sites and will lose its spot to the bupe, but the bupe will serve to help occupy any receptors left unoccupied by the other opioids..so take the bupe first, followed by other opioids about 20-30 minutes in.

Thanks man will do so chew two rather than attach two

As promised reporting back with my trial with bupe

So I had a solid 12 hours sleep ... funny enough all what I took yesterday didn’t fully kick in till about 12.00 hours when I stated to get a nice nod going ... WEIRD! ...anyways..

I chewed up two of the bupe 10mcg/hr patches followed by 40 mins later a cwe of about 400mg codeine a weak dose but I’m out

1.30 hours later

Slight warmth and slight sedation nothing major to report maybe a touch of euphoria as well . Felt like about 5mg of Valium I usually need 20mg of val to get sleepy and fighting the urge to go to bed.

No nod no pinned pupils

Probably better to save the other two patches for mitigating W/D from my usual DHC/Codeine regime .

I know this is old, but I find it particularly aggravating when people go out of there way to tell others that Buprenorphine alone will not produce precipitated withdrawal. I know most people are going to say it's no big deal, but that misinformation could have seriously ruined somebody's day or even their life. I see no reason why there should be misinformation on such a basic level propagated in the HR forums. It is fine if you don't know guys. Nobody gets penalized for needing help, but when you go out of your way to provide misinformation to the entire community, it kind of pisses me off on a personal level so please just don't fucking do it.

The Naloxone included in Buprenorphine combination products has been shown to have limited or practically no active effect when administered. The Buprenorphine itself has higher binding affinity. It was just an opportunity for Reckitt-Benkiser to profit off of the Opioid epidemic by evergreening a substance that should have been completely generic and cost pennies.

Bupe alone won’t send you into withdrawal. If it has naloxone in it which would be suboxone it could possibly send you into withdrawal if you have used opiates 6 hours prior to. But if it’s just bupe you won’t have any issue. The patch will do its job.

I know this is old, but I find it particularly aggravating when people go out of there way to tell others that Buprenorphine alone will not produce precipitated withdrawal. I know most people are going to say it's no big deal, but that misinformation could have seriously ruined somebody's day or even their life. I see no reason why there should be misinformation on such a basic level propagated in the HR forums. It is fine if you don't know guys. Nobody gets penalized for needing help, but when you go out of your way to provide misinformation to the entire community, it kind of pisses me off on a personal level so please just don't fucking do it.

The Naloxone included in Buprenorphine combination products has been shown to have limited or practically no active effect when administered. The Buprenorphine itself has higher binding affinity. It was just an opportunity for Reckitt-Benkiser to profit off of the Opioid epidemic by evergreening a substance that should have been completely generic and cost pennies.

Sorry Keith I don’t quite understand ? Are you saying bupe alone WILL precipitate w/d or that even with Nalxone it won’t ?