• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

buggering around with chlormethiazole....sort of...

Dinnae' forget that Sulfur too, was used in mustards, as was in certain cases oxygen or selenium although I don't think seleniuretted mustards were ever used militarily. Telluretted mustards..now that would be cruel AND unusual punishment, for everybody else in the war hospital units that is=D Bad enough having your face burnt off without having to be treated like something the devil explosively projectile-sharted after a several millenia loperamide binge at a gram and a quarter a day only to go cold turkey one day.

I meant the iodinated analog would probably be iffy as finding a bollock impaled on a little stick with a paper umbrella on the top sitting in your empty drink glass instead of an olive, when you asked for a vodka martini.

An aliphatic iodide, now that can definitely go about alkylating things (and people) Lets not forget, there are sulfurous aminoacids like cysteine/cystines all over the show in proteins, albeit some tied up in disulfide bridges. And theres glutathione of course to tie nasty things up. But I wasn't suggesting that the thiazole ring would participate, just the aliphatic iodide. Bromo is perhaps pushing it a wee bit, although it has pulled my ass out of the fire and put away the frying pan in terms of seizure prevention and abortion (of seizures) Not sure how otherwise healthy it would be to be used regularly/long term though. Whats the collective opinion on that?

As far as the iodo- is concerned it just makes me think of methyl iodide that overate and got a big fat lump on one end.

Apart from having stability issues, alkyl iodides are potential alkylating agents, yes. I see no reason to use a iodo- analogue when a chloro- one will do the job just as well. Limpet, can you answer my above question regarding the "alcohol analogue" of chlormethiazole, considering I understand that you've tried it on yourself?

Liimpet can ypu make me message how can layman make this ftom his B1 ampulues and enjoy good sleep

Just wanted to chime in and say that, because the sulphur is aromatic, I don't think it can participate much facilitating alkylation, hence the chloro (and iodo) analogues are probably not as dangerous as you think.

Mustard gases are so toxic because the aliphatic sulphur can intramolecularly displace the leaving group, creating a reactive 3 membered ring which is susceptible to nucleophilic attack.

Ethanedisulfonic acid is required to salt that nitrogen.

I wouldn't touch the Br or I homologue. alkyl chlorides are almost always avoided in medicinal chemistry. In this case, the 5 position of the aromatic is VERY electrophilic lending stability - but for the heavier halogens, thumbs down.

Ethanedisulfonic acid is required to salt that nitrogen.

I wouldn't touch the Br or I homologue. alkyl chlorides are almost always avoided in medicinal chemistry. In this case, the 5 position of the aromatic is VERY electrophilic lending stability - but for the heavier halogens, thumbs down.

I'm assuming you mean the stabilization of the intermediate by the aromatic system that it would be in conjugation with (a la benzyl halide). Here that is not the case, however, because there is a methylene bridge between the carbon-halogen, so it is not in conjugation with the aromatic ring, and thus it would behave like a typical alkyl halide.

don't bother salting it, waste of ime, reagents and money.
o bac

Clubcard-i definitely agree about the iodide byt is the bromide really likely so bad.?

^ I said it before, but again, the halide would be a typical alkyl halide, not more reactive than a regular primary alkyl halide. Hence, the usual rules of reactivity apply - iodides being the most reactive, and chlorides being very unreactive. But why do you want the bromo- analogue? I think that chloro, bromo, or iodo variants would work practically the same as far as receptor binding goes, so why not just settle for chloro since it's the least reactive of the 3?

I've already had, and have, plenty of it (chlormethiazole). Research, exploration, and once or twice have used it to pull my ass out of the flames when I've been having more seizures than usual and have had to use the chlormethiazole I'm scripted to terminate a seizure and am some down if i have to do so, and can't get more to cover it if i do have one,and at the time it was easier to obtain the brominated homolog of chlormethiazole

Last edited: