• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bud with no thc/cbd

Billard

Bluelighter
Well long story short it's super hard for me to enjoy smoking these days. I use to smoke the dankest of the dank but now i can barely take one puff of lower thc stuff. I get bad anxiety, paranoid, i over think everything and sometimes it can get my heart racing. Not good. But anyway, i heard on the news today, im in illinois btw, that one of the dispensary's here is working on developing a 0% thc/cbd strain for people who want to have a smoke but don't want to/cant get high. My heart sank. Yes!.. Now it might sound retarded to some of you hardcore stoners, ( even i last year would have been like ha 0% thc bud get that out of here ) but to me now and a lot of people that's great news! Maybe i can finally smoke again without thinking the sky is falling! Now it wont be available for a while, could be 3, 4+ years, but im stoked there finally gonna develop a non psychoactive strain, for people like me, see i love the taste and smell of bud, the breaking it up process, even just going and buying a bag makes me super happy, but i can not handle smoking it anymore :( so i would love it if i could blaze up in peace again without getting high and have all these negative things happen to me, just sit back, chill and smoke joints like cigs, and maybe even slowly slowly slowly start getting low thc strains and maybe work my way back up to the 20%+ thc dank i use to enjoy so much, but i dont care about the high now, i just wanna play with it, taste it, smell it, feel it in my lungs, and have the peace of mind knowing im smoking it and doing what i love to do again. See, weed was my life and honestly it made me the most happy out of anything, minus my son, he's my number one and always will be, wouldn't ever trade him for being high, but you pot heads know what i mean! I haven't been as happy and my life been upside down since i quit months ago. Im un aware, but is there already a 0% thc/cbd strain out there?? I cant wait for that day, gonna smoke a big doob of skunk/pine again without the negative effects, i don't care about getting high that much anymore, i honestly just love the ritual and feeling of going and grabbing buds, looking at it, breaking it up, smoking it and tasting it, that's really all i wanna do! Anybody think this 0% strain is a good idea? Is there already a completely 0% non psychoactive strain out there? Btw, i also heard late last year, that there working on getting recreational legal out here, and it very well is gonna happen, about the same time as the 0% strain comes out, or before possibly, and i heard that you would be able to possess between about a half ounce to a ounce or so, and possibly even grow up to a few plants for your personal use, oh how sweet all that would be.. We shall see, we shall see..

Last edited:
For one, a species exist which has no THC; cannabis ruderalis.

Most CBD strains are designed with the ability to be non-psychoactive. Many strains that previously existed only in the medical community such as Charlotte's Web, are now found in recreational stores as well (and explicitly told that it "will not get you high" lol). These strains might contain under 1% THC, but maybe 20% CBD.

Yeah, i know of high cbd-low thc strains, and some people say charlottes web or acdc still get you buzzed, but in a different way. I was reading up on cannabis ruderalis and it said that it often has good amounts of cbd and still contains some thc but very very little. Im talking about nice dank buds, everything a dank bud would have but with zero cbd or Thc. Like not even .01% of either. Wont even give you the slightest buzz or help your body in anyway. Im sure ruderalis is one of the plants there gonna use to make this new strain though..

Never said it was suppose to be medicinal. It's actulay suppose to be available around the time recreational happens out here. There saying it's gonna happen for both but were looking at a good wait. It's just gonna be a strain for people who want to smoke but either cant get high or don't want to get high, and they also said it's trendy, people want to smoke without the buzz. Pretty smart if you ask me. They were also saying people were complaining they can not handle the bud this generation has to offer so that's pretty much what sparked all this. Apparently smoking bud and not getting high is a thing. Alot of people want to smoke but cant for whatever reason. And sort of like how people like to just sit back and smoke a cigar for fun, taste and something to do, thats how this is gonna be, just like lighting a cigar and puffing it in your old man chair for no real reason but for something to do, bring back memories and to look cool, nicotine aside lol, you catch my drift?

Last edited:
It was on abc 7 news, one morning last month, i remembered about it when i was sittin here wanting to smoke, but i know i cant, and it hit me, oh yeah there suppose to develop a zero % thc/cbd strain. I looked online just now but only did a really quick search, i didn't even go past the first few cause im at work, but i didn't see anything on it. I will look when i get home and probably find something on it. Keep checking back for more info, but for now all i know is there working on it, it's gonna take time and they said some growers in colorado are helping us develop it.

If you got some free time maybe you can look around. Feel free to post anything you find about it, or anything you might think is usefull regarding the medical/recreactional marijuana program in illinois.

Yeah cause i seen it on my local news. You trying to say im making this up? That i just got this bright idea while on my lunch break and felt the need to spread false information about it on a drug forum? It's actullay a really smart idea, and if i made it up then the cannabis community can thank me later, but sorry guy's, i wish i could take credit, but i cant. Anyways as of now i cant find anything online about it, YET, but im gonna dig deeper, and maybe somebody from Illinois can chime in and help me, i seen it on abc 7 news at like 530 or so in the morning about a month ago, they said that marijuana was the new trend, and even compared it to designer drugs like ecstasy, they said people want to smoke it to look cool, but without the buzz, and it's all the craze these day's, it's hip and it's what's in, and then they also mentioned that people also want to smoke it, but cant handle the stuff out today, so somebody from one of our dispensaries had the idea to make a novelty strain of marijuana for these types of people, just people wanting to be trendy or have a smoke without getting buzzed, with zero % thc/cbd among other things, and that some people from one of our dispensaries are working with some other people/growers, from the marijuana scene in colorado, right now to try and develop it, and it is gonna take some time, but it's in the works as we speak and most likely is gonna happen from what i understand.. When i find out more, i will update this thread, but i happen to be off work tomorrow and the next day, so I'm gonna search online all day if i got to, i wont stop till i find something, so keep checking in..

So it's like near beer,o'douls what have you? Sounds like a waste of research,time and money!

Ehhh, sort of sounds like it, maybe to some, but it's really not. Just like there is a market for non alcoholic beer, people still buy it and drink it, there is and will be a market for this novelty bud. Im not sure how much time and money is actually going into it, but like i said, it's gonna happen.. And smoking weed is all the craze these days, all the cool kids are doing it type of thing, it's trendy, everybody wants it legalized in there state, a lot of people and states are raking in big big bucks off pot, and people want to do it cause of this trend or other reasons but some people cant cause there job might drug test them, they cant smoke cause there mind and nerves cant handle it anymore, but still would like to smoke for taste, smell, memories, just for fun, me being that guy, or they cant smoke cause they got stuff to do, or they want to smoke but cant because there on other medicines that might interact or like i said they might want to smoke just to be cool without getting high, do it as a social thing, i mean the list goes on and on. It's a smart ass idea honestly, and i know it's gonna appeal to the younger crowd wanting to fit in, and to the older crowd who wants to still puff without thinking there gonna die, i know alot of old timers who cant even touch todays stuff, i know the developers are for sure going to bank off this. Hopefully they get it developed sooner than later though, cause i wanna smoke, i wanna taste that sweet sweet cheeba again!

Personally I don't see the point, I mean you would get some of the negatives from inhaling hot smoke such as throat irritation as well as the problems that come with inhaling a burning material, but without any of the positives. IMO I would lay off smoking for a bit and see if that helps.

^^ Your right you obviously don't see the point! This aint about somebodies throat buring, we dont care and just want to smoke some bud again, i layed off it for 6 months and took one baby hit and still had a panic attack, anxiety, i was over thinking, low thc stuff i tried too, laying off it only works if your not too deep in the game already, and i crossed that line a long time ago abusing 20%+ thc strains, among other psych's, day in and day out, every day for 13+ years, so i assume i just cant handle thc or even cbd anymore, but i still have love for the bud and want to smoke again one day without getting high or feeling anything, i just wanna do it for the taste, the smell of it, the whole ritual of just going and grabbing it and breaking it down, sparking it, you know, the nostalgia, just for shits n giggles, knowing im doing it, minus getting high, i just want my baby back, i dont know why she hate's me so much now, this is sort of like being in love with a girl, but after awhile she cheats on you and starts chasing after you with knives, always freaking out on you, but you love her and don't want to leave her, you want to stay and try to work it out, anyway possible, just knowing she's there makes you happy, so you hide the knives and make her delete her fb and all her guy friends out her phone, so you dont got to worry about anything, it's sort of like that in a weird way, lbvfs.. And it ain't like the thc was making it any smoother on your throat to begin with!

AH ok so you want to experience the whole ritual of smoking weed without the high. Well to answer your original question, no sorry I haven't heard of any strains with 0% thc where I live there isn't MMJ. I guess it could be a good idea for a specific situation such as non-alcoholic beer for people who want to go and enjoy pint with some mates but can't consume alcohol for medicinal reasons etc

Have you tried any of the high CBD low THC strains?

Yes, what you said about the non alcoholic beer is what im getting at.. Some people cant smoke bud for whatever reason, be it medical reasons or maybe they just cant handle the trip anymore, but still want to smoke it for whatever reason, or hell, to even look cool or not feel left out.. I have tried low thc strains, they did not work, even one baby hit of some stuff that my friends had, who smoke big doob's to the head of daily, and they said barely got them buzzed (that's why i tried it) got me baked out my mind, mild panic attack, paranoid as hell, could literaly feel the blood going through my body, heart racing and it was awful. I cant handle being high anymore, i have tried high cbd/low thc strains, my buddy got me some high cbd/low thc stuff from his dad (who specifically got it for me cause i asked him to, and it came from a place in california when he visited family for thankgiving) i cant recall the name but it was not acdc or charlottes web, that was like a month or so ago and i still got pretty stoned of it, not high, but i was stuck for sure, it wasn't as bad as the low thc/low cbd stuff my buddies had, that freaked me out but i still felt like i was overthinking and about to go into a panic attack at any second, luckily it made me sleepy as hell and i knocked myself out before that could happen. I, and alot of other people want and need, zero percent bud, zero thc, zero cbd, and zero everything else...

Without test results how do you know what you actually smoked was low in THC? You seem to be doing a lot of guess work.

I can confidently go to a recreational store right now and pick up a strain with .6% THC and 14% CBD because it's been tested and I can smoke it and I don't get high.

This isn't a novelty. It's been done already.

Find that source yet?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around smoking something for the sheer purpose of smoking, but without any psychoactive (or even non-psychoactive, in the case of CBD) benefit. I don't get it.

But then again I also don't understand non-alcoholic beer. Because why would you drink moldy bread soda unless there's alcohol in it?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around smoking something for the sheer purpose of smoking, but without any psychoactive (or even non-psychoactive, in the case of CBD) benefit. I don't get it.

But then again I also don't understand non-alcoholic beer. Because why would you drink moldy bread soda unless there's alcohol in it?
Hey I agree with you but they used to make these cigarettes that were ultra low nicotine and they came in 3 strengths(you start with the strongest and ween yourself down) and the last ones had no nicotine at all in them. I can't remember the name but they were to help people quit smoking and they came in a blue pack. My mother smoked them and I remember bumming one from her one time and it was the worst thing I've ever smoked.

Okay so now your basically implying with this whole source thing, that if it aint online it aint true, gtfoh dude, you done nothing but hate and try to find anything possible to make this seem not true for some reason. And there is really no guess work here buddy, when a group of people dont get high off smoking a fair amount of bud, it's in my 13+ years of daily smoking experience, that it's pretty safe to go on a limb and assume that the bud was low thc they had, it was the only thing i guessed on here and for good reason, it only got me buzzed cause i was on my meds at the time, (another reason we need this new bud, the thc boosts your meds big time) and also cause i haven't smoked in months and months, if you go that long without smoking then you smoke, even one hit of low thc stuff, it's like your first time almost, all over again, it will you get high. And the stuff i got from my buddies dad from california last month was tested for high cbd, give me your number and il text you the label that came on the medicine bottle saying it is with my screen name in the backround, since you wanna be difficult about all this, and the name of the bud was tusnami by the way.. This is going over all your guy's head, you don't have to believe it, but when it happens, remember who told you first.. And once again, there is a market for non alcoholic beer, and like the other poster said, even non nicotine cigs, they even got non nicotine vape oil and non nicotine hookah tobacco, so why wouldnt there be a market for non thc/cbd bud? It's trendy, alot more people are starting to smoke weed now, and people still like to do it for fun, to look cool, or whatever, but they cant handle the real version for certain reasons, be it medical probs, medicine interacting, drug test, maybe there trying to quit, there is a pretty big list here.. I clearly stated it's about trend, and a couple other things, it's like the new designer drug, and that some people also cant handle today's stuff but still want to smoke it, so they just want to do it as a novelty now, a past time, just don't want to let go, just for fun, me being one of them, or even somebody just looking to smoke but also looking to avoid the negatives from real weed. You don't got to see the point here, but the point is there, open your mind, think outside the box.. In the meantime, go smoke some more kush, let it fry your brain up a little more, and pray you don't end up like me, wanting to smoke some weed, but your mind just cant handle it anymore, so your forced to wait for the non thc/cbd among other compounds, version to come out, cause you love weed and want to smoke it still, and you thought it was a good move in the cannabis community, so figured you'd share it with your favorite cannabis forum, all while basicaly being told your lying about it and that your guessing, cause you cant find a source online for it.not everything is online. I don't know what's so hard to believe about this, Im going to get some coffee you guy's stressed me out..