• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Buckfast question

http://www.buckfast.org.uk/ interesting site even do retreats for people and they have an online shop, no buckfast but a few other drinks, suppose its more like a liqueur as they seem to be about the 40% marker and a price tag to match your oak smoked vodkas.

I have never tried this, I did smell it once and thought it was awful so never tasted it. I have been told by enough people they like it, so it is just me.
I have found this in some strange places though, half way up a hill lying beside some trees I have found an empty bottle along with a pack of cigarettes, club I think they were?? I took it that was as far as they got and rolled their sozzled arse back down to the bottom :)

It's just the number of vat they come from apparently.

It took me a while to find bucky in Bristol, I live in Stokes Croft, notorious area for street drinking and homeless alcoholics, you have to ask for it especially in one shop as they hide it on the bottom shelf behind the counter.

Ha ha !!

Remember being in that shop and me saying "I wish they sold Bucky in Bristol"

Then the sound asian guy goes under the counter and brings out a bottle :D

Then went in the next day and asked again, he spent ages looking at the bottles and I was like "what you doing"

"tryin to find you a number one mate"

Great banter

^ Ha aye! He's sound that guy, he's always happy too! He recognises me since then, I was having a twist about VAT with him last time I was in there, he's a funny guy.

All this talk of Bucky is making me want some!

^ Ha aye! He's sound that guy, he's always happy too! He recognises me since then, I was having a twist about VAT with him last time I was in there, he's a funny guy.

Join the club. Was going to attempt to be a good lad & stay off the drink this weekend, but lets face it.. thats just not going to happen after reading a 2 page thread about wine.

Is that the little news agents that sells booze late on stokes croft by any chance, kinda opposite SUX (or SLIX as it's meant to be) take away?

Last edited:
^ I was meaning the Post Office :)

The one that sells Booze 24 hours is called 'Best' just up from The Canteen.

Last edited:
Folk choking for Buckfast when every shop round here has shelves absolutely full of the stuff lol.

My mate that recently moved to Australia took 3 bottles with him in his case, he's since had another one of my mates send him a bottle over lol. He had to go & buy a proper wooden wine box to send it in!!

^ You literally cannot walk down a street for more than 5 minutes in most parts of Glasgow without seeing an empty bottle of bucky lying about.

I've always hated the stuff but bought a half bottle for god knows what reason the night I went snowboarding on a sledge & smashed my shoulder up. It actually went down a treat, quite enjoyed it. Then I went down a treat & broke my fucking arm! Blamed the Buckfast & haven't bought it again.

I know cunts who take bottles of it wherever they go on holiday. Even some who took loads to Ibiza despite me telling them that you can get it in plenty shops over there. They weren't taking any chances lol.

Yeah, its an epidemic in Glasgow.

^ what he says is so true.

Bottles lying about everywhere and wee cunts that are 15yrs old drinking it in shell suits and burberry caps who would stab you for looking at them whilst they maraude they streets like a pack of feral animals high on the sickly tonic.

Ha ha edging into tabloid journalist mode there

Buckie truely is the drink of choice in this part of the world.

Went through a phase of drinking it sometimes before going out, but it gives me the kind of firey heartburn not even an army of Gaviscon action men could put out.

I have a bucky tradition every year on glasgow green watching the fireworks. Me, a spliff, wooly gloves and a bottle of bucky.
I always thought the lower the number on the bottle the better and thicker the bucky.

Someone care to explain the significance of numbers on bottles of Buckfast?

Ive heard my mates talking about it and just thought they were fucking idiots.

Also Ive been told you can get Buckfast on tap in some of Glasgows finest liquor establishments.

I have been told the lower the number, the older and thicker. might be just a rumour though.
In nice n sleazys you can get bucky by the glass.

Someone care to explain the significance of numbers on bottles of Buckfast?

Ive heard my mates talking about it and just thought they were fucking idiots.

Also Ive been told you can get Buckfast on tap in some of Glasgows finest liquor establishments.

You thought right. I've had mates who swear there's a difference & that a particular number is better. Most of them seem to think the number 1 is the ultimate.

The thing is, there definitely can be a slight difference between two different bottles of Buckfast so it re-enforces this thing that the number has something to do with it, when it doesn't, it more likely has something to do with how long it's been sitting about for, what temp. it's been stored at etc.

As far as I know there's a number like that on most glass bottles, you don't get folk shouting "Yas! Ah goat a nummer wan!!" when they buy a bottle of Irn-Bru though.

Saying that, I don't know anyone that's checked the number on their bottle for anything other than a laugh/piss-take in years. It was more a thing folk actually cared about when we were wee boys.

And aye, you can get glasses of Buckfast in a few places. Some because they're scummy as fuck & some because they think it's "ironic" or whatever, personally I'd rather drink somewhere that sold Buckfast because it was a shithole than somewhere that sold it because they thought it was cool. You heard of that stupid Flat0/1 (something like that) place?? It's a club, kitted out to look like a student flat, the kitchen is the bar etc, they sell Mad Dog & glasses of Frosty Jack's. Whoever told me about it was telling me like it was really cool & a great idea. I wanted to nail bomb the place. I think it's on Bath Street. If you hear of an explosion up that way & don't see me on here for a while then I'm off to meet Allah.

Last edited:
Aye, it's bullshit but entertaining bullshit. Though crackhead's right, there will naturally be a variation from batch to batch and possibly bottle to bottle within any given batch.

Though as a parallel, I swear that when those Mr. Men trips were about, Mr. Bump always seemed to be packing a few more micrograms in his bandages...

And aye, you can get glasses of Buckfast in a few places. Some because they're scummy as fuck & some because they think it's "ironic" or whatever, personally I'd rather drink somewhere that sold Buckfast because it was a shithole than somewhere that sold it because they thought it was cool. You heard of that stupid Flat0/1 (something like that) place?? It's a club, kitted out to look like a student flat, the kitchen is the bar etc, they sell Mad Dog & glasses of Frosty Jack's. Whoever told me about it was telling me like it was really cool & a great idea. I wanted to nail bomb the place. I think it's on Bath Street. If you hear of an explosion up that way & don't see me on here for a while then I'm off to meet Allah.

LOL !

I dont know the actual pub, but the idea of declaring Jihad on studenty types who think

"Drinking Buckfast and Mad Dog in a pub is so random"

"Lets get weed and watch Donnie Darko"

is an idea I can sympathise with.

Basically every pub in my area does buckfast by the glass. Here (Craigavon) & Glasgow are probably the two biggest places for the stuff.

I went through a phase of drinking it when I was out for about a year.. got sick of it though. I usually go on and off the stuff. Problem is when I walk into an off license I don't know what else to buy, just too used to it.. same goes for majority of blokes round this place.

^ I know loads of folk who walk out the carry out shop like "I didn't even want a fucking bottle of wine, just automatically asked for it" lol