• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bromazepam (Lexotan)

^ I think you're talking about Phenobarbital + Theophyline. As if one poison weren't enough. I wonder which genious came up with this briliant idea 8).

The issue with bromazepam is that is releases bromine ions into the system. Bromides are a very old class of sedative/hypnotic with some BAD side-effects. I don't know if the amount released is really of any consiquence, but the possibility is enough to put people off. It's a French invention so 'Vive la differance' to a very good benzo. My ex called it 'the ladies downer' because it seems to cause less inhibition than others while still being effective...

what are the possible consequences of extra bromide ions? I wasn't really aware of any "BAD" side effects, what do they include?

haribo1 said:
The issue with bromazepam is that is releases bromine ions into the system. Bromides are a very old class of sedative/hypnotic with some BAD side-effects. I don't know if the amount released is really of any consiquence, but the possibility is enough to put people off. It's a French invention so 'Vive la differance' to a very good benzo. My ex called it 'the ladies downer' because it seems to cause less inhibition than others while still being effective...

You're usually quite insightful, H, though I am not sure about the accuracy of this. The bromine is attached to the benzene ring exactly the same way it is in 2C-B, for example - it stays on the ring from ingestion to excretion.

I have a feeling you are confusing bromazepam with Potassium Bromide? I know that the latter is still prescribed (idiotically) as a sedative/antiepileptic.

Jamshyd said:
You're usually quite insightful, H, though I am not sure about the accuracy of this. The bromine is attached to the benzene ring exactly the same way it is in 2C-B, for example - it stays on the ring from ingestion to excretion.

I have a feeling you are confusing bromazepam with Potassium Bromide? I know that the latter is still prescribed (idiotically) as a sedative/antiepileptic.

No, this really was a concern although we both know that the amount would be TINY. Your hepatotoxicity is much more sensible. Bromism should be in wiki. Not nice at all... Didn't Virginia Woolf take KBr and finally killed herself because she couldn't deal with the option of illness or KBr (I bet The Hours didn't deal with that!).

Well, it's surely of less worry than dextromethorphan hydrobromide anyway. I don't think such a small amount can cause bromism.

And bromazepam... God, take it away from me. It's so short acting I need to redose all the time. But I love it. If it worked just as long as diazepam, it would be perfect.

Damn, I'm running out of this. There's only 24mgs left and I can hardly feel 18mgs now. The tolerance builds up so fast. Shit I need to go get some estazolam tomorrow because this benzo will put me into immediate withdrawal otherwise. One tablet should contain ~10mgs. 6mgs bromazepam surely isn't 10mgs diazepam. Or it's really about short high-life of bromazepam.

im currently on 42mg bromaz, and honestly, it feels like 4mg xanax, prehaps even less. I feel incredibly good, and not very tired. The muscle properties are highly pronounced, as i find walking to be quite an ordeal

How many of you find bromazepam recreational?

Can someone give me benzo equilent(if I spelled correctly) chart.

How you compare bromazepam to other main benzos like xanax, valium, ativan etc.

Thanks in forward.

Thanks for fast input. I did googeling and found same thing.

Thanks again

Any one want to compare bromazepam to other benzos??

It was the first benzodiazepine I've ever tried, (gotten from a doctor)
It was the first time i felt a craving too, or tried any drug for that matter.

Looking back I think it's a pretty good anxiolytic, but may exarbitate an underlying depression very fast. (DO NOT TRY TO ABUSE IT IF YOU CAN) it got me into some serious shit.

orgone said:
what are the possible consequences of extra bromide ions?
What if you trip on DXM-hydrobromide? That would flood the body with (hydro)bromide ions. That's one more combo to avoid: DXM(hydrobromide) + bromazepam.

xxl said:
What if you trip on DXM-hydrobromide? That would flood the body with (hydro)bromide ions.

Don't worry about that. That's why we have liver to do the job and make it urine so to say.

Just wanted anyone looking for experiences about this drug; Excellent stuff against anxiety! I currently have a pretty low tolerance for benzos, but at least 3mg of Lexotanil is enought to kill my anxiety completly right now and seems to boosting my mood. Highly recommended for medical use (havent gotten high on it or tried to) and yeah i know 3mg is a very low dose, but im also on 300mg lyrica even tho the lyrica don't do shit alone

Last edited:
my first benzo the 6mg ladders of bromazepam.... theyre allrite, quit mild and mellow.... but definately prefer valium or xanax....

My favorite benzo very available on the street in france and luxemburg

I love bromazepam, definitly in my benzo top 5

1) Lormetazepam
2) Diazepam
3) Bromazepam
4) Alprazolam
5) Loprazolam

^^definately a european top 5... ;) i must say iv loprazolam is my numba 1... lormetaz comes in second;)