• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bromazepam (Lexotan)

adder

Bluelighter
So, I'm prescribed 3mgs Roche tablets with bromazepam (an expensive piece of shit). Does anyone have some experience with it. I used the search engines but it seems that some love it but most don't know it at all. I'm wondering if it's worth anything.

I've got only 30 tablets for 3 weeks so I don't want to go too high but 6mgs does nothing for me. 8) 6mg bromazepam < 10mg diazepam. The tablets are flat, pink, and sweet with "Roche 3" on it or so. They dissolve very fast under my tongue but it doesn't seem to be a good way of taking it. I'm used to diazepam sublingually and I can't feel bromazepam this way, why? Anyway, it's said to have a very fast onset of action (10-15 minutes). But at the aforementioned dose it doesn't seem to. It relaxes my muscles a bit at 6mgs but I'm still anxious. It's very very mild. I know my doctor won't rise the dose and won't get me anything else. :p Is it possible to make her prescribe me bromazepam once again when I say I can't function without it at school but had to rise the dose myself. I want to get my hands on 6mg tablets because these are useless.

ive got a load of 6mg tabs (non scripted) and I love em. By far my favorite benzo. It's really not recreational untill you take 12-18mg of it. Many claim bromazepam is weak but personally I love being able to stay awake and active while i'm on it...

i blieve its mainly used for muscle relaxation and spasms, and not for anxiety. that would explain its lack of euphoric qualities. what are you prescribed it for?

In fact it lacks muscle relaxation propeteries compared to diazepam. I got it for anxiety and now I can say it's brilliant. Reminds me of estazolam but much less ataxia and much less amnesia. I combined it with codeine and it was a pure bliss. Just a bit too sleepy but whatever.

It's a benzodiazepine of rather short half-life to treat anxiety.

so its better than estazolam? i currently get estazolam 2mg tabs and enjoy 12-15 mgs, is bromazepam prescribed in th US? and for what, or is it mailorder? ive seen it on websites but never heard of it domestically.

I have taken it before (not medically) and I really enjoyed it. It was definitely a high quality benzo, even top 3 maybe. Definitely top 5.

Ypur doctor, like most other doctors, is probably an idiot who knows nothing about benzos.

She should know that everyone reacts diferently to benzos. For me, bromazepam is one of the best benzos.

haha me too! The only pain is that its not sold in the USA, but that never stops me!

I'm personally a huge fan of bromazepam. IMO, its anxiolytic properties are outstanding, and it's an excellent benzo for this purpose. Considering how effective it is, I'm surprised it's still eclipsed by lorazepam as one of the first line benzos for anxiety management (in Canada anyways).

OK, so far I've gone up to 12mgs. It's a great anxiolytic benzodiazepine. Better than diazepam! I come up to anyone and talk with no anxiety. The disadvantage is its quite short anxiolytic action, then after say 3-4 hours it feels so sleepy. But damn, this one is my favorite at the moment. If it had the high-life of diazepam, it would be perfect. Definately better than estazolam but everyone has his or her taste. Estazolam is even way more sleepy and ataxia sucks a lot. I'm stating all of this by comparable doses (i.e. 6mg bromazepam = 2mg estazolam), in my opinion it's not a good comparison but last time I took 6mgs of estazolam I felt casually fucked up, it's probably just half stronger than bromazepam and that's all.

adder i find a 12mg dosage is really good for me too, however I do notice some sort of muscle relaxant properties, my legs feel very loose, though not to the point where walking is extremely effected.

Just to repeat myself, it really is surprising that this isn't a more commonly used benzo considering how ideal it is.

^ I believe there was something about it being hepatotoxic in rare cases in huge doses in rare individuals, and you probably know how anything that has anything to do with liver toxicity is taboo in Canada.

Except APAP of course 8(

it is my fav. benzo and i have tried quite a few, its a bit weak but that makesit so much better cuz the high is more subtle, and yes the muscle relaxing aspect is what makes it even more amazing.

i would usually take about 2.5mg alprazolam equivalent (dont remember how much that factors into, check an equivalency table.)

i like alprazolam more but its just too sedating for me, I just cannot stay awake If I take 1mg. I've tried many times and it just ends up with me asleep and forgetting about 2 hours of the previous night

RorerQuaalude714 said:
Just to repeat myself, it really is surprising that this isn't a more commonly used benzo considering how ideal it is.

Keep in mind, it varies from country to country what is available and what's not. We don't have loprazolam here for example. What's the reason? Bromazepam is widely used in Europe I believe. I haven't heard about hepatotoxicity but one thing might be it's supposed to be very addictive considering its short high-life as an anxiolytic med.

Where I live, we don't get hydromorphone or oxycodone anymore. The only opioid drug available for plain prescription is codeine (not counting tramadol...). Just imagine how many great opioids there are. Even DHC is for special purple prescription. And everything above that too. Getting methadone or buprenorphine rehab is hardly possible. Why so? Oxys and hydros are longer lasting than plain morphine or codeine. This is Poland. Everything is strange here.

^ Just off topic, but adder, I heard that the short acting barbiturates such as secobarbital and combinations such as secobarbital+amobarbital are still available in Poland. Is this true? Or is it likely that while they exist, they're basically never prescribed?

secobarbital and the others are still available in the US, but very, veryveryvery rarely RX'd anymore. Usually only in end of life, hospital, or other extreme circumstances.

temporary error said:
secobarbital and the others are still available in the US, but very, veryveryvery rarely RX'd anymore. Usually only in end of life, hospital, or other extreme circumstances.

I'm aware of their availability in the US, I was asking him because I had read somewhere (lord only knows where) that the short acting barbiturate salts were more readily available/accessible in Poland . Based on what adder's said about even DHC requiring special prescriptions, I'm assuming that the barbs are just as uncommon as they are over here in the US and Canada. I guess I answered my own question :\ .

It's funny you say 'extreme circumstances' because if I remember correctly, Secobarbital was being used in Oregon for assisted-suicide purposes. Definitely an extreme circumstance if I ever saw one!

The only barbiturate you can get here is phenobarbital (and its prodrug - primidone) mainly for epilepsy, that would be the most common reason to prescribe it if benzodiazepines fail but on the other hand that's uncommon ;) . I know there's also a nasty OTC drug combination with a low dose of phenobarbital but I can't remember a name or other compounds.