Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

British Cinema-can i get some reccomendations?

i dont know about that geez but nic cage def got one few year back, pretty sure it was for wicker man.
he won an oscar for leaving las vegas. his only oscar.

you have access to the internet. you can confirm in 10 seconds.

alasdair

I might be confused what makes a British movie 'British'. The subject matter? The actors? The director? The screenwriter? Original author?

Ones that haven't been mentioned that I enjoy:

- Chariots of Fire
- The Remains of the Day
- Atonement

if those count. :)

Last edited:
english speaking would be a good measure, einstein

I might be confused what makes a British movie 'British'. The subject matter? The actors? The director? The screenwriter? Original author?
looks like it's being interpreted pretty loosely in the thread - set in britain, made in britain, primarily british cast, primarily british subject matter, british director.

i would add all of the harry potter movies - a veritable who's who of british acting talent.

alasdair

looks like it's being interpreted pretty loosely in the thread - set in britain, made in britain, primarily british cast, primarily british subject matter, british director.

i would add all of the harry potter movies - a veritable who's who of british acting talent.

alasdair

Harry Potter is a bit gangster.

he won an oscar for leaving las vegas. his only oscar.

you have access to the internet. you can confirm in 10 seconds.

alasdair

my internet sez he got it for wicker man m8

best brit film from last five years would be sightseers for my mind

A lot of.British movies or some of them are excellent.Shortmovies-"Black mirror" are as i think brits mini serials.Incredible-five season exist as i know.And lot more,but forget the names

A lot of.British movies or some of them are excellent.Shortmovies-"Black mirror" are as i think brits mini serials.Incredible-five season exist as i know.And lot more,but forget the names

Yeah. I don't know that one but Broadchurch (season 1) was really good.. The Crown was good..

I just started an old comedy series which a friend in London highly recommended and we have the same sense of humour. The Thick of It with Peter Capaldi. He's evil LOL

If it is still relevant as this is an old topic.
The one's I haven't seen mentioned yet.
London to Brighton
Legend
Snatch
Eastern promises
wild bill
essex boys (yeah I know...)
Harry Brown
Adulthood
Kidulthood

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't know that one but Broadchurch (season 1) was really good.. The Crown was good..

I just started an old comedy series which a friend in London highly recommended and we have the same sense of humour. The Thick of It with Peter Capaldi. He's evil LOL

I totally agree, The Thick of it is superb. You should check out the "spin-off" film they made as well with same staff etc called "In The Loop" (2009) which they made mid-way through the production of the series'.

I totally agree, The Thick of it is superb. You should check out the "spin-off" film they made as well with same staff etc called "In The Loop" (2009) which they made mid-way through the production of the series'.

I think that's exactly what my mate in London said. Malcolm Tucker is his hero heh. The Poms sure know how to swear!!

I was going to include this then wasn't sure if it'd be classed as British or American. I decided on British. My mother took me to see it at an arthouse cinema when I was 16.. And she wonders why I turned out like I did!

Starred Up - excellent prison flick.

I've never seen it other than at the cinema because Kubrick didn't want it released on VHS/DVD. Then he died, so they did. It's kind of sacred to me :)