Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

British Cinema-can i get some reccomendations?

LSDMDMA&AMP

Bluelighter
i love british movies, some fo the only movies I feel are worth my time watching are british produced
we're talking like lock stock and 2 smoking barrels, the football factory, the business, rise of the footsoldier, stuff like that
can anyone reccomend me some other british (crime) films to watch?
The whole capturing the london underworld in film like in lock stock is what i'm really looking for

ill manors. Has mixed reviews, but I did enjoy it at the time.

[video=youtube_share;YmqdNKQ3GRE]http://youtu.be/YmqdNKQ3GRE[/video]

Last edited:
I didnt get a chance to watch this but the title sounds good Looters,Tooters, and Sawn-Off Shooters.

you could do much worse than:

the bridge on the river kwai
barry lyndon
gregory's girl
trainspotting
comfort and joy
lawrence of arabia
local hero
passport to pimlico (any of the 'ealing comedies', really but this one is my fave)
lock, stock and two smoking barrels
the wicker man

alasdair

^ please god no.

only the 1973 original. the 'remake' is an aberration (for which nobody was even nominated for an oscar, let alone won one).

alasdair

LSDMDMA&12806967 said:
The whole capturing the london underworld in film like in lock stock is what i'm really looking for

In this case I highly recommend Snatch. Same director as Lock, Stock. Statham is in this one too.

good british actors... yes... good british movies... no lol... i know kubrick is american but isnt a clockwork orange considered a british movie? and arent 007 movies american (atleast the newer ones)? but i always thought little britian usa was pretty funny... but it was on HBO so again not sure if its american or british

actually check that, children of men was a pretty sick movie.... it was atleast set in britian

yea idk why i always kinda thought that american studios made most of those movies... but 28 days later was prob best one.... but still for every good british movie theres two dozen great american ones....