Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

British Cinema-can i get some reccomendations?

I was going to include this then wasn't sure if it'd be classed as British or American. I decided on British. My mother took me to see it at an arthouse cinema when I was 16.. And she wonders why I turned out like I did!

I don't know if that's British either. It's obviously got British actors in it but an American director, can of worms probably.

Withnail and I (1987)

I'm deliberately not putting a trailer because it will ruin the film for you, jokes out of context etc.

Richard E. Grant in one of his best films.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theatre of Blood (1973)

I'm biased because I love old horror, and inventive old horror gets me buzzing. Edward Lionheart (Vincent Price) is furious with the critics who gave his theatre productions bad reviews, so he decides it's time for revenge in theatric and dramatic fashion. The inventiveness/imagination I think is so good (similar but better than The Abominable Dr Phibes, both of them) that it's worth watching just for that alone. Films like these and the 2 Phibes films were a huge influences for the more modern Saw franchise for example.

Vincent Price in his finest haircut of all time :

FBBwsZNWQAAgJdH

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Carter is a awesome fucking film.
For tv shows you can't go wrong with the young ones or bottom.

Not all brit is worth on cinema, I'll take the mediocre one because here we ain't on the "competitive" realm and so any part of East Asia. Part of Brits works great for actions cookies, a few shoots some squares are happy to see a hitman on a jazz alley and bam, you have what he's calling "elegance". While indeed sounds weird because if you'd have half a brain you'd know that Britain was actually the first country in the world to be industrial structured and to think all of that luxury isn't worth putting on screen makes you think unthinkable stuff if you're bored, for me personally I live here I find winters a bit of "dullcore" worthwhile, is part of "aesthetics", people who're interested in photography cinefils are less likely to know jargons in this vein and yeah if you want brit, there's Victorian Era which I find it very homecoming, not the lifestyle but the building itself is like russia meet norway kinda thing. You should know that Brit also isn't that great in history details mostly UK/US and when the French came and tried to help both sides decided to help 1 didn't help that 1, so all of these countries forgot to take their lime honeyspoon for sore throat and speaking of limes, what great times in these lame times is to remember

71wtPmHKoOL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Bill Nighy and post plague era? What words is to describe this luxury we ain't worth of.. I do recommend to buy it directly on Blu'Ray, even if you don't have 1 /// the directors deserves every bit of cents. You might find a bit of dialogue later in the movie inside the boiler room theatre *no spoilers* you can breath, that might get repetitive under different words but that's not true at all, try to keep in mind the plot itself.

Does Trainspotting count?

Technically it's supposed to be Scottish not British right?

Does Trainspotting count?

Technically it's supposed to be Scottish not British right?

Depends, I like your approach because is involuntary and this might help if you know what to dust off. Scotia first integrated proper English language, let's not forget that later Viking somehow learnt to speak as how Indian natives later learnt too because they meet the western communities of what was back then, the "goldmine" era of USA

Trainspotting did some mistake that can't account for as biggest one using a poster as how Scandinavian cinematography likes to do them // google "Flickering Lights". Is a horrible film that doesn't work both full length as short