Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna see Fleshgod Apocalypse with Hour of Penance and other 2 bands i don't know in a month or so.. fuck that will be epic.

And then there are Dying Fetus with Fallujah, Goatwhore and Malevolence (never listened to the latter 2 tho) in december. Fuck YUSSS

I just found out DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist are gonna be in Louisville in ten days
I've seen Shadow do a late night set in 07 but never seen him with Cut Chemist and I love there Brain Freeze stuff so should be fucking awesome

Edit: Maybe I should post this in the emd thread instead lol

My immediate show calendar consists of:

Hans Zimmer revealed
Philharmonia at the movies: Sci-Fi
Flying Lotus
Earthless
Sikth
Meshuggah

I got back from the Lockn' festival late Sunday night (Thursday-Sunday). It was my first multi-day camping festival, and it was an incredible experience. Lots of psychedelics, great music... I went with my two best friends in town (Bluelighters) and got to meet and get close with some of their best and oldest friends I've been hearing about for years... we all met up and entered/camped together. I feel like I got to know my friends even better and on a deeper level. Overall it was one of the best experiences I've ever had, crazy, fun, beautiful. It was like I found paradise, but unfortunately I had to leave.

The music included (not a complete list):

Bill Kreutzmann and his band (incredible)
Phil & Friends with Warren Haynes
String Cheese
Widespread Panic
Umphreys
Lettuce
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Willie Nelson
Allman Brothers (their final show ever apparently)
Hot Tuna
Dumpstafunk
Bustle in Your Hedgerow (maybe the best thing I saw in the whole festival, holy shit, instrumental Zeppelin cover band who was amazing)

^^^not the brothers last show ever, but probably their last festival show. they're playing 5 nights at the beacon to close it down.

heard great things about lockn this year, seems like the organizers got their shit together and pulled off a solid festival. would like to go next year, but only in an RV.

So tired of my only option being going to shows alone.

RIP LAIKA 9/11 never forget.

Thanks bro.
Do we even like the same music? Do we even live close? Should I just kill myself?
Stay tuned for more..

I live on a desert island so no we aren't close

Kill the man! Stand for your right to go to shows with friends.

I heard you were the flake bro

DR21AoD.gif

Sometimes I don't mind the solo show.

Tennis/Pure Bathing Culture nailed down.

And, I just saw that Polica (I don't know how to make a cedilla on my laptop) is coming soon and Drive By Truckers and (more importantly) St. Paul and the Broken Bones are coming too.

I missed St. Paul earlier this year at a smaller venue and I'm still kicking myself over that one. :(

^ I don't either, I'll still have fun no matter what and usually make at least 1 or 2 friends before the shows over anyway
Gotta say though going with close friends or a significant other is better

@ Max: well derp, wonder why I had thought you and Laika were either planning or already had a meet up set and someone flaked...
And I guess I figured it was you by default since my fellow mawdfehg isn't the flaky kind ime

Pure Bathing Culture was perfect and ethereal opening up for Tennis last night. I talked to them for a split second to tell them I enjoyed the show. They seemed genuinely nice and grateful.

Tennis was awesome. It was worth being out late on a school night. :D

76A41732-41E7-413E-A4A1-9E41E3A0D07C_zpsqco4jvk6.jpg

Last night at Monterrey Jazz festival heard Billy Childs doing a tribute to Laura Nyro with Shawn Colvin on a couple of songs and the incredible Lisa Fischer. Closing out the night: The Roots.

Last night at Monterrey Jazz festival heard Billy Childs doing a tribute to Laura Nyro with Shawn Colvin on a couple of songs and the incredible Lisa Fischer. Closing out the night: The Roots.

How where the roots? I'm a big fan but have heard mixed reviews on there live show

Michael Franti & SPEARHEAD rocked the mountain tonight and Slightly Stoopid is on deck for tomorrow=D

Status
Not open for further replies.