• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Bluelight's first Xbox 360, Call of Duty 4 party night.

Best time(s) for a multiplayer game? (Times in GMT)

• Total voters
n00b pwnag3

it was quite disheartening last night when on almost every game i went into some little twat said 'i see we have a n00b on here' with a laugh.

i bet some of those little wankers on my side with 5 stars over their heads wanted to knife me in secret out of contempt for my n00bness. i bet some of them did and i never noticed. :|

i used to be a total wizard at Unreal Tournament back in the day (me and my mates had LAN parties in my kitchen and i was playing online every night) but i suspect it'll take a wee while for me to get up to speed on this one.

wish i could use my keyboard & mouse. :X

yeah this shit, along with halo and gears all take some time. halo 2 was particularly frustrating with all the cunts who live on the game, but over time i got to give some of my own.

halo 3 has an excellent method in matching players with others with similar experience. i may break even with the deathmatches on it, but for some reason, i fucking ace crazy king almost every time. it's like no one else knows the object to that game. with oddball, i'm hot and cold. either fucking 1st or last. weird.

I started to hold my own in COD 4 multiplayer last night. It's friustrating how fast you die, and it's a pain in the arse when you kill someone and their body drops a grenade!

in single player i completed it in normal alone and am now doing veteran on my own and am up to the scottish stage tambo described, right at the end of that bitch. More than once i thought it would be impossible to get as far as i have. preserver.

L2R said:
I started to hold my own in COD 4 multiplayer last night. It's friustrating how fast you die, and it's a pain in the arse when you kill someone and their body drops a grenade!
Yeah, it's something they should probably remove. i've used it a few times when I was looking for grenade kills, but there's something more satisfying about "last stand" where some prick shoots you, thinks you're dead, then you pop up and shoot him in the face. :D

More often than not, you get wasted for being so cheeky... but it's good fun if you manage to take the person with you.

Anyway... I'm finishing early today (built up some time in lieu), so I'll be playing pretty soon.

how soon, it's just past midnight, wife is asleep, i just cracked open a hennessey vsop.... well. not just, i've had a few already.

....how soon?!

hint: if you disabled your cloak of invisibility we would be able to see if you're online or not. :\

My gamertag is Edde9.. remember they're case sensitive.

I think we have enough people to participate now.
I propose next Friday because I've got mates round tonight and girlfriend over tomorrow.

Felix, can you set up a poll for some different times on Friday please?
23:00, 00:00 (19:00 EST), 01:00 GMT will probably be the best.

sorry, im gonna be wrapped up in whooping the shit out of ninja gaiden over and over again until NGII comes out i june. im going through on normal now, but im gonna tackle it on hard, very hard, hurricane pack one and hurricane pack two to prepare myself for NGII. cause i wanna destroy that game in under a week.
fuck team ninja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone remind me how to add friends on the xbox? i know how to do it if someone is online, but where the hell do you type in a username to search for?

i'm afraid i don't find the menus very intuitive, they're all over the place. :X

turn left at Albuquerque

and in the friends menu there is an add friend option, from there, there's a keyboard to type the name in and send a request.

ah shit, the free month my mate gave me has expired, and i can't justify membership til i'm working again. won't be long. grrrr

EDIT: i found it!!! :D

Last edited:
eDDe9 said:
My gamertag is Edde9.. remember they're case sensitive.

I think we have enough people to participate now.
I propose next Friday because I've got mates round tonight and girlfriend over tomorrow.

Felix, can you set up a poll for some different times on Friday please?
23:00, 00:00 (19:00 EST), 01:00 GMT will probably be the best.
Added. finally. 8)

i'll see about making a poll. (i better OK it with the mods first.) :)

Is there a way of muting ALL of the headphone chatter? I think you can mute individuals, but I can't find the option to mute all.

Anyone?

^^ that would be nice. there's nothing like listening to some 12 year old kid tell you he's going to "do your mom"

Yeah. You can press "select" and when it brings up the list of players, you can quickly mute everyone... but it's a bit of a fanny having to do that.

you suck at the xbox

1. press the silver middle button to bring up your gamer tag page
  2. go to 'personal settings' then 'voice'
  3. put the volume down to 0???

dunno if that works but it looks like it should...

c'mon tambo, this shit's easy! ;)

poll added. i thought it best to put things in 3 hour blocks. please note that is a public, multiple choice poll. tick as many boxes as you like, including which day(s) are possible for you.

i just guessed that the weekend would be best for most people...

also please remember that the times are all in GMT for simplicity.

some conversions for the americans & aussies:

Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) +10 hours
Australian Central Standard Time (ACST) +9.5 hours
Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) +8 hours
Eastern Standard Time (EST) -5 hours
Central Standard Time (CST) -6 hours
Mountain Standard Time (MST) -7 hours
Pacific Standard Time (PST) -8 hours

felix said:
  1. press the silver middle button to bring up your gamer tag page
  2. go to 'personal settings' then 'voice'
  3. put the volume down to 0???

dunno if that works but it looks like it should...

c'mon tambo, this shit's easy! ;)
Ah, nice one!

I'll try that.

Just plug the headphones in and take them off your head, or turn the volume down on the headphones. (You only get mic chatter through the headsets while normal sound in speakers)

I'm going on now..

Also, L2R, I think I have a 48 hour pass.. If I do, you can have it when we have the CoD night.

eDDe9 said:
Just plug the headphones in and take them off your head, or turn the volume down on the headphones. (You only get mic chatter through the headsets while normal sound in speakers)

I'm going on now..

Also, L2R, I think I have a 48 hour pass.. If I do, you can have it when we have the CoD night.
That doesn't always work (I've tried it). I've had the usual juvenile bullshit coming through the cinema sound on my stereo unit. I think it might have something to do with when the headphones are plugged in. I reckon if they're plugged in before the game loads, it works. If plugged in later, it doesn't.

This requires further experimentation. Either that, or lower the voice setting as felix suggested.

eDDe9 said:

wow, really?

thanks dude. muchos appreciatos.