• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Bluelight's first Xbox 360, Call of Duty 4 party night.

Best time(s) for a multiplayer game? (Times in GMT)

• Total voters
^^ yeah I was wondering about that too..... so I read one of his last posts. He wanted the mods to temporarily ban him so he could get some schoolwork done

my internet is back up to speed

bring it on pussies! :D

be gentle, i'm not very good at this :(

i'm gonna get a loan of my brother's COD tomorrow night while he's working away. i'll be a total n00b but i don't mind.

bring it on, fuckers. :!

so what's the deal with this 360 online gaming? i've only played halo 3 so far. can you set up a private server with a password or something?

like i said, friday night.

kolonel kickass ftw. %)

ImpactoProfundo here ready and able to deeply and profoundly impact both your cranium and rectum

i've got a gamer score of 130 now, is that awesome? :D

i have the game in my possession now and i've just started the single player mission.

the kolonel will up to asskicking speed very shortly. what a fucking awesome game this is.

kolonel kickass ftw %)

WHO'S GOT THE FUCKING MINERALS, EH??? :X

you >
9.gif
15.gif
6.gif
< me

Hey... there's a mission with some Scottish git giving you a hard time about being shit. You'll get on like a house on fire.
These missions with the Scotts fella can be a bit frustrating in places. When you have to protect the (then) Scottish cripple from the marauding Commie scum... fucking leave him and disappear to the far side of the map and pick off the soldiers as they run onto the map (they spawn on the far left). Wait for the helicopter to arrive and then run in and mop up the rest before carrying him aboard. Don't bother trying to fight them off from his position cos you'll get fucking cut to ribbons. Took me FUCKING AGES to get past that stupid mission. The remote would have been smashed if it weren't so damn expensive.

Oh, and when you have to cross the field with him (a bit earlier in the Act), where the soldiers are combing the ground looking for Scottish gits, stay prone and RIGHT BEHIND him. Just follow his path and don't do anything different. Don't get carried away and try and be a clever cunt by taking another route like I did... because they spot you every time and then annihilate you.

so how do you go about finding someone online on this xbox live nonsense?

idiot's guide, please. ;)

this is such an amazing fucking game. %)

Felix, we can all join a private party, then the host of the party searches for a game and all members of the party will join and be on the same team.

I'm currently in the process of re-doing the game on Veteran mode (the hardest) with my mate when he comes here after the pub. Got a gram of coke left for tomorrow night. Unlocked about 300 gamer points just from doing it on Vet mode, and only got half way.

Felix, to find a general game, just go to xbox live and search for one.. all pretty self explanatory

eDDe9 said:
Felix, we can all join a private party, then the host of the party searches for a game and all members of the party will join and be on the same team.
ahhh... i think we need to add each other as friends though, do we? or at least the host does, with a note of each username?

what's yours anyway?

I'm not good, I never play online... I did beat the game with a friend tho...

Well I'm down, I use my bro's gamertag so let me know when this thing starts.

Ive found halo 3 to be impossible for a noob to get into....... In the first 15 seconds after spawn you die. The learning curve to play successfully in multiplayer is ridiculous in halo 3...... as well as Gears Of War. Is it the same with call of duty 4........ or can you play regularly and fair well in multiplayer? I dont want or need to be on the top of the list when I play a game. But I dont want to be at the bottom and get stomped repeatedly like I do in halo 3 or gears.... I dont enjoy getting owned repeatedly and dont even get a chance to run around.

i lied
i got drunk at the bar instead of playing. im sorry:(

ChemicalSmile said:
Ive found halo 3 to be impossible for a noob to get into....... In the first 15 seconds after spawn you die. The learning curve to play successfully in multiplayer is ridiculous in halo 3...... as well as Gears Of War. Is it the same with call of duty 4........ or can you play regularly and fair well in multiplayer? I dont want or need to be on the top of the list when I play a game. But I dont want to be at the bottom and get stomped repeatedly like I do in halo 3 or gears.... I dont enjoy getting owned repeatedly and dont even get a chance to run around.
Depends who's playing and what map you're playing. I don't really play it for the kill/death ratios... I just play it for the hell of fighting against another human player. If someone like me (bit-part, occasional player) can get himself up the ranks, then I'm sure you'll be fine. It does get easier as you access better weapons and abilities (claymores and C4 are fun). Unfortunately, the whiny teenagers online become ever-more irritating.

Some of the maps are less playable than others. "Wetwork", "Bog" and "Showdown" are pretty redundant in my opinion. Too small, too cramped or too symmetrical to be much fun. Although if you take a modified shotgun (with higher accuracy) into "Wetwork", you'll have fun blasting people as they run around the corner of a shipping container. "Bog" has far too few hiding places and cover and you'll be constantly getting killed in the open. "Showdown" is too symmetrical and only really has one central place where fighting happens = too many people in a small space.

One of the Russian maps... I think it's called "Vacant"... it usually ends up with everyone piling into this building with people just running around like madmen trying to stab eachother. Dull. The middle-eastern street maps are far more interesting - so look out for "Crash", "District" and I think there's one called "Crossfire". All much more interesting and all less likely to result in pwnage. :D