• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bluelighters what are your religious beliefs (or disbeliefs)

How would you MAINLY describe your religious beliefs or otherwise?

• Christianity

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Islam

• Judaism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paganism

• Occultism

• Other

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Atheism/Agosticism (Please clarify)

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Nixiam aren't you still a teenager? it's normal to be confused about everything, especially if one has an intellectual capacity like you seem to have at this early age. when you get to your twenties, you will see that you'll have gained some perspectives, I am sure. :)

^ yeah, exactly. It may seem like it is the end of the world today, but look at the bigger picture. Everything passes, and I went through my share of serious bullshit in my teens (drunken and abusive father, schizophrenic mother, divorce of parents, and no friends is just a part of it). But most problems are temporary. Just wait it out, and don't resort to drugs. Find something to take your mind off it, which is not destructive.

Stay well, man.

I passed out shortly after posting. I think I have manic episodes.

The best thing I ever did as a kid was to take up outdoor activities. I fished, hiked, camped, did abo skills, played basketball and such. That will take care of your mood issues better than any drug ever invented. Oh to be young and that active again. Much of my issues with depression these days is illness and an inability to do mondo amounts of outdoor activities. I've always been depressed but these days it really kicks my ass due to lessening physical abilities. In my youth depression was a minor inconvenience.

I'm not as active as I should be. I'll have more reason to leave the house when my parents pay our subdivision fee, that's when we get to go to the pool.

This summer I'll be sent off wih my grandfather to work on his farm for two weeks or so. Doesn't sound too horrible, he's a master carpenter and will be glad to help me out with the trade.

He's kind of a jack of all trades and master of none.

Carpenter by trade and farmer by love.

I was raised Catholic. I have 2 nuns in my family & went to Catholic school from pre k- 5th grade. As I was growing up, I wouldn't say I 'believed' but I never really thought twice about it because that's how I was raised & that's all I really knew & how I lived.

Same thing, every day - pray, go to church (more praying), class, pray before lunch, eat, pray after lunch... you get the idea.

As I grew older, I started to question everything & think for myself. I soon realized that Catholic beliefs are just not what I belive in.

I talked openly to my mother about it & how I felt, trying to convince her to put me in a "regular" school. Thankfully, my mother wanted to me to have my own opinions, beliefs and figure out everything for myself & what works best for me.

Now, at 22, I am definitely not religious. My personal beliefs - I don't believe in any god or higher power.
I believe in Science.
I'm a very curious person & if I don't see any proof (to me), I have a hard time believing.

I do, however, like to learn/listen to other religions. I find it very interesting & it also helps me try to see it from another person's point of view

The best thing I ever did as a kid was to take up outdoor activities. I fished, hiked, camped, did abo skills, played basketball and such. That will take care of your mood issues better than any drug ever invented. Oh to be young and that active again. Much of my issues with depression these days is illness and an inability to do mondo amounts of outdoor activities. I've always been depressed but these days it really kicks my ass due to lessening physical abilities. In my youth depression was a minor inconvenience.

This is so absolutely true. Humans evolved in nature, as a part of nature. I notice a huge difference in my state of mind and happiness/anxiety levels when I spend too long without spending some real time in nature, or at least outside. But especially deep in nature. Camping in particular produces large changes in my emotional state, even for a while after I return.

I believe in the God that I personally know.
I can see that God in all religions and religious texts.
It is utterly ineffable.