• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bluelighters views on the Catholic Church: are u one of us? Do you like us-hate us-pity us-whatever us and if so why?

Sorry for my late reply guys but yesterday I was basically going to verify whether this God thing is real or not , spent 24 hours puking and shaking and puking , I really am a cretin....but anyway
Also the church telling Africans not to use condoms when they really badly hit by hiv aids that's a wrong.
This condom thing is another misconception IMHO. IF you have sex outside of marriage -homosexual sex- whatever is not that you are "sinning" less" by not using a condom (actually as Benedict XVI once said you are...sinning more if for instance you have HIV) and throwing condoms at Africans and call it a day is not a solution, they were using them to protect weapons from THE RAIN... Abstain be faithful and Condomize might work better ad is basically what the Church is proposing . PS btw Sikhism rocks!
It’s hard for me to understand how people can choose to stay affiliated with an organization which has been exposed as covering up child sexual abuse and allowing it to continue up to the highest levels and still sleep at night.
What happened is way beyond disgusting and back in the days lead to a super crisis of Faith for me but then I asked myself..... why should I leave the Church of Christ of His Apostles of St Augustine St Thomas etc etc a 2000 years old history of spirituality philosophy and theology because of some pedo fuckers? They should be kicked out and be burned at the stake as we used to do in less paradoxical times while we are at it....I m Catholic because I believe in Christ, because philosophically and theologically makes sense to me, because I feel part of a 2000 years old history, not because of the clergy, they are at most an instrument....
how about you guys name me any large organization that isn't fucked up to some degree and hasn't had some sort of scandal or scandals
"Hello Mr krinkle, how are u today..." yeah man, that s pretty much it. Humans + Power + money = shit. It s not a matter of Catholicism but of ...humanity. Even when Christ was alive there was a guy called ...Judas, Peter the first Pope was not exactly an hero either and on and on it goes....which does not mean that anything goes but that we should have more realistic expectations about our fellow humans ....

Last edited:
I have a title in Freemasonry that I think is connected to Catholicism.

Holy Roman Creator

I think that's a title given to a pope..

On the alternate side there is Holy Roman Emperor..

Any insight into that title Holy Roman Creator?
The closest thing to this title is "Most Holy Lord( informal and abandoned and rightly so, it s kinda blasphemous to me ...) but maybe it has more to do with the holy Roman empire which historically was an enemy of both the Catholic Church and the French Monarchy, hence the enemy of my enemy is my friend etc. Ae u a Mason? Do you find convincing the theory according to which Freemasonry started with the Templars that survived the persecution of the Pope and of Philip the Forth/ It kinda makes sense to me, the Templars were a lot into masonry, were extremely pissed with the Church and the french monarchy for obvious reasons etc...

I think youd be surprised how many religious people are on here. Drugs are a big part of peoples religious experience. We (Believers in God and Jesus) drink wine for communion!
It makes sense as after all what lots of people are looking for using drugs ( at least some drugs) is peace- transcendence- a way to go beyond our limits etc. It definitely is the rationale behind my use of drugs...

The closest thing to this title is "Most Holy Lord( informal and abandoned and rightly so, it s kinda blasphemous to me ...) but maybe it has more to do with the holy Roman empire which historically was an enemy of both the Catholic Church and the French Monarchy, hence the enemy of my enemy is my friend etc. Ae u a Mason? Do you find convincing the theory according to which Freemasonry started with the Templars that survived the persecution of the Pope and of Philip the Forth/ It kinda makes sense to me, the Templars were a lot into masonry, were extremely pissed with the Church and the french monarchy for obvious reasons etc...
I am an honorary Mason.. initiated young and haven't been to temple since..

They said I could start practicing at the lodge when I'm 48..

Maybe that title means I'm the creator?

Or am the Son of God..

Sorry for my late reply guys but yesterday I was basically going to verify whether this God thing is real or not , spent 24 hours puking and shaking and puking , I really am a cretin....but anyway

This condom thing is another misconception IMHO. IF you have sex outside of marriage -homosexual sex- whatever is not that you are "sinning" less" by not using a condom (actually as Benedict XVI once said you are...sinning more if for instance you have HIV) and throwing condoms at Africans and call it a day is not a solution, they were using them to protect weapons from THE RAIN... Abstain be faithful and Condomize might work better ad is basically what the Church is proposing . PS btw Sikhism rocks!

What happened is way beyond disgusting and back in the days lead to a super crisis of Faith for me but then I asked myself..... why should I leave the Church of Christ of His Apostles of St Augustine St Thomas etc etc a 2000 years old history of spirituality philosophy and theology because of some pedo fuckers? They should be kicked out and be burned at the stake as we used to do in less paradoxical times while we are at it....I m Catholic because I believe in Christ, because philosophically and theologically makes sense to me, because I feel part of a 2000 years old history, not because of the clergy, they are at most an instrument....

"Hello Mr krinkle, how are u today..." yeah man, that s pretty much it. Humans + Power + money = shit. It s not a matter of Catholicism but of ...humanity. Even when Christ was alive there was a guy called ...Judas, Peter the first Pope was not exactly an hero either and on and on it goes....which does not mean that anything goes but that we should have more realistic expectations about our fellow humans ....
Every religious group has had scandals but the everyday people that i met that went to church were really nice people . Sikh temples provide free food every day to all faiths i told the local drug users on Sunday there can be 10 to 20 people everyone treat them with respect they cant be refused only no fags or drugs or alcohol to be be brought in .

I think it's the most twisted, fucked up religion in a sea of twisted, fucked up religions. Batshit crazy bordering on evil. Imo. I feel desparately sorry for anyone who has been brainwashed into it

When I ponder it (something I have now moved past as it's so very depressing) it makes my blood run cold, Grim.

Fuck yeh. A man after my own heart <3

As long as you keep your religion out of my personal life & out of the rule of law, I have no problems with anyone's religion. Actually I should say I have no problem with religious people, but I do have problems with religion.

I do feel like religion has been used a tool to indoctrinate & persecute people though. And I think it's falling out of fashion the more times goes on.
This doesn't make anyone or any religious institution all bad tho.

I also feel like if you want to believe in God, there are ways to do so without ever stepping foot inside a church or even telling people what you believe.
I'm also confused why LGBTQ books in schools are 'indoctrination", but a book with a story in it about two daughters getting their father drunk so they can sleep with him (the Bible) is totally okay? lol There's too much hypocrisy in religion, especially on the extreme sides of it. Religion causes division, which results in tribalism & cult-like group think. I just don't fancy following the crowd just because I'm told to. I can understand why some people believe in it though. Some people need that sense of meaning or some kind of comfort in knowing they'll be rewarded in the afterlife.

Last edited:
Aren't catholics usually the ones doing the persecuting?
For good or worse, we had to stop around the 18th century. Then secular enlightened and progressives folks like the French revolutionaries and the Communists followed our step and perfected the game, killing more people in a month than the Church in 2000 years...

@DeathIndustrial88 anything can cause division tribalism and oppression mate, not only religion. I don t like to "show off" my religion but I don t hide it either ( I don t hide my use of drugs unless is strictly necessary why should I hide my religious beliefs? ) and I like to discuss stuff that matter to me with interested people, hence I made this post ( and I don t go around throwing random Bible verses like a troubled soul that was here on BL, I hope he s alright...). I have never been afraid of death as an atheist and I m not as a Christian ( pain and loneliness scare me way more) maybe I m more concerned now cos the idea that I ll have to answer for my BS is not that comforting... and if it s out of fashion...so is acoustic blues, so it s opium so it s heroin ( at least in the US with all that fenta dope) etc, so what, they still work great for me :)

I choose The God of Spinoza. Sorry but the Roman Catholic Church is just a facade for satanic child molesters.
Youll miss us when the Fundamentalist Ignorant Anti Science anti LGBT anti Evolution Anti Intelligence Neo Pentecostals will run the show as they are increasingly doing here in Brazil (are they a thing in Perú as well? ) Btw I loved the "reinterpretation " of Christian themes in Cuzco Cathedral, the Last Supper with the Cuy, Judas with the face of Pizarro, and man the hymns in quechua :love: .

On the pedo bastards : as I have said supra it was a horror and a shame that led to a MASSIVE crisis of Faith me and many others, but: we are talking about less than the 1% of the clergy. Not too downplay what happened, even if it was only ..one priest it will be too much already, but these bastards are not "the Church". The majority of child abuses are committed by...parents-close relatives and school teachers, still we do not conclude that families and primary schools are dens of satanic pedophiles do we?

Last edited:
Apart from the child abuse (could be less than 1% of the clergy as stated above but who knows - it has certainly been ignored/tolerated by way over 1% of the clergy ) my main reason for finding Catholicism grim is the sheer amount of people I have encountered who have been severely fucked up as a direct result of a Catholic upbringing

All that guilt, shame and fear can, and does, fuck up people's entire lives

My family is Italian and therefore, Roman Catholic. My dad in particular is very Catholic and very religious. I attended Catholic Schools from kindergarten through high school. That might have actually turned me away from Catholicism faster than would have been the case had I attended secular and/or public schools because it just forced me to ponder things that I probably wouldn't have thought much about if I wasn't in that Catholic school environment.

At some point in my early teens, certain things just intuitively didn't make sense to me and there were plenty of contradictions and hypocrisies. For example, why would gay people go to hell if they were otherwise good people who did good deeds and cared about other people, while straight people who were Catholic but otherwise selfish and more flawed basically get a free ride to heaven? It just started to make less and less sense to me and caused me to really think about it, and I couldn't really justify believing that stuff anymore. I eventually turned into an atheist but I'm more of an agnostic now. But I feel the same way about all religions, not just Catholicism/ Christians.

Church as in original/biblical meaning of the word I’m totally ok with
Church as institution, I’m not ok with it at all

@ageingpartyfiend I see your point mate, but I have also seen people who changed their life for the better because of religion, ones that are shit even if they have religion image if they did not ( i.e. myself) and yes, people who should be better doing crack for all the good religion is doing to them....Religion is a powerful tool and should be handled with care

I Thank God for many things, especially because differently from my amico @JustferFun my family was very light Catholic and I never went to Catholic school and stuff and I have been away from His Church from when I was 12 to when I was 26-27, "mature" enough to not mix the messenger and the message. I considered myself "generically Christian " from my 19s-20´s but going back to the Church was way more difficult , I studied Catholic Theology and Philosophy and ...it made sense even if I did not want to! People should know more about it, not having the thing taught by sado priests and nuns bigoted parents and relatives etc....
by the way @JustferFun gay people as gay people don t "go to Hell", homosexual acts are a sin but so it s any sexual act outside of marriage, no discrimination we are all sinners 🤪 People lie to think that homosexuality is a super sin because the sin of the others are always worse than urs....

Last edited:
Church as in original/biblical meaning of the word I’m totally ok with
Church as institution, I’m not ok with it at all
I m not completely ok with basically no institution, but if the Guy left a Church and not a Book (sorrry Protestants) there probably is a reason..I try to use the institution rater than being used, one of the Titles of the Pope is "Servus Servorum Deo "( Servant of the Servants of God) ad I take it quite literally....

As long as you keep your religion out of my personal life & out of the rule of law, I have no problems with anyone's religion. Actually I should say I have no problem with religious people, but I do have problems with religion.

I do feel like religion has been used a tool to indoctrinate & persecute people though. And I think it's falling out of fashion the more times goes on.
This doesn't make anyone or any religious institution all bad tho.

I also feel like if you want to believe in God, there are ways to do so without ever stepping foot inside a church or even telling people what you believe.
I'm also confused why LGBTQ books in schools are 'indoctrination", but a book with a story in it about two daughters getting their father drunk so they can sleep with him (the Bible) is totally okay? lol There's too much hypocrisy in religion, especially on the extreme sides of it. Religion causes division, which results in tribalism & cult-like group think. I just don't fancy following the crowd just because I'm told to. I can understand why some people believe in it though. Some people need that sense of meaning or some kind of comfort in knowing they'll be rewarded in the afterlife.
Brilliant post my brother