• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bluelighters views on the Catholic Church: are u one of us? Do you like us-hate us-pity us-whatever us and if so why?

i believe jesus was probably a real person that had access to drugs like psychedelics and other medical ways of curing diseases that most people didn't have at the time. i bet he was a pretty cool guy and probably tought good values, which cought on with a lot of people.. maybe he was a little crazy too thinking his mother was a virgin and stuff, maybe that's just a story too. like i think a lot of people wrote stories about that dude that turned into fiction... i actually read a book in my local library called "jesus died in kashmir". it describes how they let him off of the cross before he ended up dying because they knew he was innocent. they let him move to some place called kashmir i forget what continent it was in, but supposedly he married and had kids.

despite that i think a lot of the religion is made up, i still believe there could be potential magic power with christ or any religion. i don't really know how. but i entertain the idea.

I have a title in Freemasonry that I think is connected to Catholicism.

Holy Roman Creator

I think that's a title given to a pope..

On the alternate side there is Holy Roman Emperor..

Any insight into that title Holy Roman Creator?

Hi there,
life in general and BL in particular are full of nice surprises, and what a great surprise it was for me to discover the existence of a strong minority of Christian Bluelighters of various denominations and even of fellow Catholics in this jolly community of ours, and to have a number of interesting conversations about my religion with people from different or no religious backgrounds!!.
So my question is : what do you think of Catholicism ( I don t like the expression "Roman Catholicism" as we have 23 sui iuris Churches such as the Eastern Catholic ones that are not Latin but are catholic anyway https://media.ascensionpress.com/2019/01/21/the-other-23-catholic-churches-and-why-they-exist/ ) ?
Are you Catholic? Say hi!
were you Catholic but left- are thinking to leave? say why!
Are you an atheist so whatever, it s all fairytale anyway,expand!
Are you an Atheist still respect the Catholic Church because...? Are you an Atheist but Catholicism is the religion that pisses you off the most, tell me why is that.
Are you a Christian from another denomination, consider us fellow Christians but with some misguided doctrines, such as...?
Are you a Christian and are convinced that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon the Pope is the AntiChrist and we are a bunch of pagan Mary worshippers that will burn in Hell along with our Rosaries? Let s try to have a civilised conversation about it!
Do you have an altogether different religion, so which one and what s your take on Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular?
Catholicism interests you and you have questions, I m no Benedict XVI and I have my issues with the use and abuse of one or two substances but I have also read one or two things about the subject, if I can be of any help....
So yeah, that s it . I hang out with people from very different religious background- no religion at all and I have also been an atheist and a "Generically Christian but very anti Catholic" one so I think I can easily relate with various points of views or at least I try to, and it s a topic I like to discuss a lot so if you feel like it, let s talk!
I consider myself Christian but dont practice traditional Christian rules.

I believe that a very large majority of developed churches are way too capitalist and corrupt. I have no issue with the actual definition of church though, which is kind of just the Christian-following community.

I prefer to read the bible myself and understand my own Interpretation of the word.

And I think youd be surprised how many religious people are on here. Drugs are a big part of peoples religious experience. We (Believers in God and Jesus) drink wine for communion!

The whole "the modern purpose of this organization is to diddle kids, get away with it, then manipulate other people into feeling guilt so they give us money" being confronted would probably go a long way for improving Christian PR, btw. The trend of denying there is a century+ long problem makes it worse.

Never once have I met a Christian that actually calls out those Christian to their faces. Not once have i seen a rally or a protest, just whispered rationalizing in the night: "not a real Irishman, errr, not a real Christian". But still refusing to bring consequences and attention to rapist priests

I was raised Catholic but am not now. Just a basic Christian.

I believe most Catholics are good people, but yes, I believe there's no doubt the church is corrupt at the top.

It's a human institution. Show me a human institution of any power or duration that's not corrupt. I'll wait.

In life, some people play by the rules (pay attention to law, ethics, policy); some seek power and will do what it takes to get there, operating without those constraints (end justifies the means, zero-summing, etc). All other things being equal, which group gets further? The power structure of the Catholic Church has been a hotbed of intrigue and maneuvering since forever.

My wife devout catholic from 15 to 22 when we married no sex drags me to midnight mass on christmas and go when the put cross on head during lent she sometimes gets the idea to forgo sex during lent divided meals. Now my 16-year-old going out with a bible basher from her church I go to midnight mass but never believed in god apart from the priest the people are nice people welcoming. This year in States she not take me because i overdone it celebrating Christmas and looked like a mess .

i think they need to apologize for helping nazis.

i think they need to do more to combat sexual abuses against children (like many other religions, but seemingly moreso with the vatican).

i'm glad they accept evolution, and aren't as horrible to lgbtq community.

i grew up catholic, but grew away from it as a teen (never got confirmed).

i still experience the post- trauma stress of the childhood indoctrination, and although i'm pissed about it and feel bad for children currently being indoctrinated and adults also recovering from religion... i'm glad i have experienced it first hand so i know how important it is to raise my kids how i feel is right.

i think they need to apologize for helping nazis.

i think they need to do more to combat sexual abuses against children (like many other religions, but seemingly moreso with the vatican).

i'm glad they accept evolution, and aren't as horrible to lgbtq community.

i grew up catholic, but grew away from it as a teen (never got confirmed).

i still experience the post- trauma stress of the childhood indoctrination, and although i'm pissed about it and feel bad for children currently being indoctrinated and adults also recovering from religion... i'm glad i have experienced it first hand so i know how important it is to raise my kids how i feel is right.
The cover up by the church of child abuse is so shameful . But its not normal for men not to have sex they not even meant to wank that not written the vatican did that because the popes were horny fuckers banging loads of women i might be wrong but i did tell my girls to become nuns. When I do go with my wife the people the congregation nice people. Ill say the same about Mormons io never had faith In my religion Sikhism or any god and I never believed

Catholicism is the most Pagan of the Christian sects. So many rituals. So many middle men between you and God. That's why I don't like it.

As an institution, Catholicism is hemorrhaging followers due to how many sickos the church tends to attract, but that's common to all religion. Give men unconditional reverence + power over people and they will abuse it.

Not to mention that they tend to endorse shady governments, like the Nazis. Catholic pogroms were where Hitler got his idea from too. The Catholic Church was the first to make Jews wear armbands.

The worst decision Constantinople made was to endorse Christianity. He set the world up for a thousand years of oppression and regression. We are only now just recovering. Then again, if Christianity didn't exist we'd all be Muslim, which is just as bad.

The sooner the Vatican is liquidated and all its stolen treasures returned to their rightful lands, the better.

But its not normal for men not to have sex

Right - that's where the problem stems from

but whatever man - that's them and that's their shameful despicable acts, and they'll burn in hell for that - that doesn't mean the rest of us should just quit because of some pervs did what they did - that's on them - not on anybody else

i don't have to be a part of that - i don't need to make a trek to the vatican and i don't have to follow anybody's orders, because in my own heart, i know the difference between right and wrong

i don't care what their thoughts are on abortion and i don't care what their thoughts are on people being gay - i dont care what the bible says - that's thing's been rewritten 7 times, all pre-dating Christianity

you make it what you wanna make it

Jesus Christ GIF

Right - that's where the problem stems from

but whatever man - that's them and that's their shameful despicable acts, and they'll burn in hell for that - that doesn't mean the rest of us should just quit because of some pervs did what they did - that's on them - not on anybody else

i don't have to be a part of that - i don't need to make a trek to the vatican and i don't have to follow anybody's orders, because in my own heart, i know the difference between right and wrong

i don't care what their thoughts are on abortion and i don't care what their thoughts are on people being gay - i dont care what the bible says - that's thing's been rewritten 7 times, all pre-dating Christianity

you make it what you wanna make it

Jesus Christ GIF
Thats the churchs shame but the people that go there are lovely welcoming people. I don't believe in any god but i respect people that do . I am a good person because i care not because i want a reward in the after life . In the UK when we would sing hyms in morning couple times a week . The thing i loved about the states was separation between church and state .. It seems lately that they trying to undo which is wrong . I believe the constitution is one of the greatest written documents don't try fuck i know it happens but try living in UK freedom of speech has been so undone

It’s hard for me to understand how people can choose to stay affiliated with an organization which has been exposed as covering up child sexual abuse and allowing it to continue up to the highest levels and still sleep at night.

Ya know I wasn't gonna go there ^ but since someone else did first wouldn't it help if they changed the rules as well for women being allowed relationships with the men..and men I guess even if that's what they like. Would seen that's a part of it at least..and no I'm not saying that's the reason some of em are sick in the head..just that something has to be better than no change at all.

Also the church telling Africans not to use condoms when they really badly hit by hiv aids that's a wrong.But all religions do bad stuff during the punjasb uprising against India one Sikh group blew up jumbo jet of air India that not what we were taught as Sikhs our priests at temples have been caught abusing kids but the people of the faith majority are good people . I go sikh temple because prayers are sung and i love tabla players.
My wife does not need to convert to Sikhism we believe a thousand paths to god but only one god it is not what faith you are from it is the human and his life that is judged.

I often look at my wife and think educated woman how can you just blindly believe I can't get it in my head she is my god saved my life and has been here for me i should pray to her

how about you guys name me any large organization that isn't fucked up to some degree and hasn't had some sort of scandal or scandals

people are people no matter where you go - people do fucked up things - everywhere - it's just the way the world is

and anybody who has any kind of hardcore beliefs, is gonna be even more fucked up to some degree

(true story)

Religion is what it was created to be. A space for the diabolical to gain power, wealth, and control, and a space for those terrified of mortality to seek a false sense of immortality. It exists through willful ignorance, desperation, manipulation, and sheer cunning. Let’s remember, it is ALL fantasy and make believe. 🐑🦷🍽️🐺

Religion was created to consolidate superstitions and curiosity into something you can share as memetic net culture..

Yes the ability to consolidate the memes of the super natural forces and deities.