• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Stall - Sydney : where to now?

A meeting in a few weeks sounds like a good idea, Finn.
Personally I find there's only so much we can discuss on here - meeting face to face lets us cover a broader range of things and get into the gritty stuff. Plus hopefully a lot of the ppl interested in coming who haven't been able to make it yet will have finished their exams by then.
I'd be lying if i said I didn't want the next meeting in the Inner West again, but perhaps we could try for somewhere a bit different to make it fairer for the ppl living on the "other side"?
smile.gif

Yay!
------------------
~"And I said, 'That last thing is what you can't get, Carlo. Nobody can get to that last thing. We keep on living in hopes of catching it once for all.'" Sal Paradise, On The Road~

how does north sydney sound for a meetup??
heaps of cafes there....
or we could hit burger king/maccas as well.
right hsc officially finishes on the 16th of nov, i leave for schoolies on the 1st dec. so some time in between there would be tops... perhaps not the weekend hsc finishes because i'm sure we'll wanna celebrate (and hyperspeed2 is on) so how bout the weekend after that??
that's fri-24th, sat-25th, sun-26th.
let us know what u think..
tony
smile.gif

on vegetarian grounds i'm afraid i will have to boycott maccas/hungry jacks
wink.gif

but sometime 24-26 sounds like it could be good!
smile.gif

LOL! I'm with yaytima on that one! Is there still an IKU at Neutral Bay for we herbivores? Yay, we could catch the ferry over together if you like.
smile.gif

j_swift,
That's great news, man! Let's do it.
smile.gif

And I'm also up for that weekend. Either day!
bananafish
smile.gif

P.S. Gee, I never thought I'd say this, but... only three more sleeps until Paul Dillon is back in town! Yay! Then we can hit him with our stupendous wave of focus and enthusiasm!
smile.gif
(Blimey! Maybe I'm a little too enthusiastic about this project??
wink.gif
)

Sorry Tony, I don't do Macca's either!
Iku is still there bananafish but it is very tiny. I think somewhere bigger might be the go.
Neutral Bay has plenty of cafe's. It has a pub (aaargh, I hate the Oaks!)with a very nice beer garden too.
I'm easy really. I don't mind going back to Newtown. I like it over there. You guys decide
smile.gif

Finn
smile.gif

newtown for me would be ideal. however i've got a vehicle so i can pretty much be anywhere at any time. i think neutral bay would be a good compromise for us innerwest/northside ppl. who knows what kind of riff raff we might be able to ring in
wink.gif

in terms of when to meet i was thinking maybe a weekend about two weeks from now. about the 11th or 13th of nov or so....i'm really bad with dates. that would give us a bit of time to sort out our individual projects.
what say ye?
"uberzone drop the tone"

neutral bay is even better than north sydney....
there is "D-Caf" cafe across the road from neutral bay junction.. its pretty big too. and i like the ppl who own it
smile.gif

oaks beer garden... no underage ppl
frown.gif

so whats better for ppl??
friday afternoon, saturday, sunday???

Saturday the 11th would be better for me. I will be a complete mutant on Sunday the 12th as I have a huge saturday night planned. In fact I know I'll be a no-show if the meeting is on Sunday
frown.gif
soooooo, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday!!!!!!
Finn
smile.gif

oh crap!
but *electronic* the 2ser/clan analogue event is on the 10th!!
eh, well, whatever, i'll still be there......but in my state i'll prolly just be making up the numbers! but that's cool, i usually pull together quite well.
sat is by far better than sun....oh, actually maybe not. i might be working sat...in fact definitely will be. and sun is newtown festival....and i'm going out sat night as well!!
oh my god....this ain't going to be good...working all w/e and going out every night, and trying to fit in stall meet. eek!
frown.gif

wink.gif

can someone bring me a spare brain?
------------
~"my head is full of space"~

Oh shit, forgot all about Newtown Festival...
Forget all about me being a mutant, that's not important, Newtown Festival is on, meeting must be on Saturday. No-one should miss the Newtown Festival. It's one of my favourite days of the year
smile.gif

Hey guys....
Make sure you check out the new Bulletin Board that has been set up for our benefit. It's very nice. And sooooo much more user friendly than that horrible e-mail group thingy.
Here is the link....
http://pub30.ezboard.com/bpilltestingaustaliapta
I have started a thread over there about our next meeting.
Can we all start posting at the new board now please. Thanks.
Finn
smile.gif

hey guys - it doesn't bother me but perhaps we'll get a better response (and a few less scatterbrains) holding it through the week
smile.gif

Can someone (jb?) let me know how to embedd a graphic that isn't posted somewhere on the web? I've got someone I'd like to run by you guys....
[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 01 November 2000).]

{img}http://www.whatever.com/picture.jpg{/img}
replace the {}s with []s
dont over use it now
wink.gif

thanks for that jb, but the pic I have isn't currently anywhere on the web. Any ideas where I might be able to upload it, or do i email it to someone?
It's nothing much anyway- so only if there's a simple solution...
smile.gif

hey jb, I sent you the same pic in two file formats just incase there might be some probs. I think the jpeg ain't working so if you could delete it that'd be great
smile.gif

ABOVE is just a rough brochure/pamphlet cover to get the ball rolling, inspire others and give everyone something visual to comment on.
There's a bit of a fine line between having an attractive look to gain the target markets attention, while keeping a clean scientific/medical/authoritive feel.
I don't want to tread on the toes of any other bluelight designers who've come up with, or are coming up with designs -everyone with the knowhow should get involved and contribute. The more ideas the better, and we can combine the best concepts, ideas, etc..
I'm still yet to place the bluelight logo on somewhere - is there any other logos that will need to be there?
SO please be brutally honest about anything ! (I don't get at all offended by constructive criticism). Is there something i missed? What do you think about things such as:
Overall feel - perhaps a cleaner more basic look, or more abstract/grungey look or perhaps a brighter lasery ravey look.
Slogan- help come up with more slogans - they can be scattered through the brochure
The colour scheme - tried to link with Bluelight and keep fairly simple - I have some ok printing contacts but should if we go with them we need to try and keep ink usage to a minimum (white space is good!)
Type - size, colour, font etc..
Imagery - the pill - what other images could be used?
Colour/design on pill - this is a tough one, colour, split, design, should there also be a cap? Perhaps it doesn't mater that much as it'll all be explained inside - but we must assume that some of the audience will have absolutely no idea (we all know they're out there -see pillreports.com) I think that white is problematic coz some people might think say a blue pill is bad coz it must have chalk or something.
[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 03 November 2000).]

Great work XSI11V,
I would like to comment on a couple of things but first.....
CAN WE PLEASE CONTINUE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT OVER AT THE NEW BULLETIN BOARD. IT HAS BEEN SET UP EXPECIALLY FOR US.
It will be much easier for everyone concerned if we can keep everything together in the one spot.
The pill testing collective being established will be independent of bluelight.
This thread will be closed soon and another thread will be opened in it's place. We will use it to provide a summary of the project's progress from time to time. And of course, so that all interested bluelighters can remain informed and become involved with the project if they choose to.
Here's the link ........
http://pub30.ezboard.com/bpilltestingaustaliapta
XSI11V,
I'll comment on your design over in the new pill testing forum. ok.
smile.gif

Cheers,
Finn
smile.gif