• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Stall - Sydney : where to now?

Thanks Finn. Actually I haven't seen the specific dance party guidelines you mention above so thanks for that. And of course now I can't recall exactly where I did see them, but I think they were guidelines for clubs and were on the dancesafe or ravesafe website. I think they were developed in New Zealand. I'm sure others here will know what I mean...
D&AWg scratches his head, yawns and goes back to sleep... doh...
wink.gif

D&AWg has another thought before falling asleep...
I guess the direction my sleepy brain is going in is that while you are offering venues something on the one hand (harm minimisation info and pill testing = fewer OD's on site = less bad publicity for the venue = less police hassles), on the other hand this is an opportunity to pressure them to comply with safety issues. Not all venues are going to comply without such pressure, as they're not complying now. So a two-pronged approach, carrot and stick!

That's exactly what I was thinking d&awg!
Keep em coming. It's good to know that we're on track.
Hey more good news!
A bluelighter called Kid A has offered his/her help with researching the legal issues re: pill testing on site. Kid A is a final year law student (in Brisvegas unfortunately) with a lot of free time. He/she is going to check out the thread soon hopefully.
Yay!
smile.gif

Finn
smile.gif

With regard to insurance issues for the stallholders and promoters can I suggest someone contact Work Cover - the general info number is 131 050 .
A specific area for WorkCover dealing with dangerous goods is 02 9370 5000.
I would do it , but just wont have a chance to scratch myself for the next two weeks or so. Perhaps someone could run with this???
TwoUp

can i suggest not calling Workcover until a lot further down the track?
i have had a lot of experience with them, and let me tell you it's best to be very sure of yourself before dealing with them.

I have found that site with guidelines for clubs: http://www.dancesafe.org/safesettings.html
Check out the links there too.
Another thought: when testing for others, you would need to *emphasise* that Marquis Reagent only indicates whether a limited number of substances are present or absent, does not indicate quantity, and does not tell you if, for example, the pill has a little MDxx but also a lot of rat poison and LSD... I know you know this, but it would have to be stressed to those who bring their pills for testing.

I have already spoken to Mikel Fenix & he is happy to have the stall at his events once all the legal work has been sorted out.
I am able to contact other "underground" Sydney party promoters such as:
Scattered Ravers.
Punch Productions.
Mystic Adventures.
The people who did Atomic Playground & Fishbowl Assylum.
And the people who did Forbidden Dreams.
You have Dr Rico who has something to do with Xstruction (!?!?) on here already.
And I can get in contact with CPX.
And through friends getting in contact with Danceforce probably wouldn't be that hard...
But all that in due time.
Let me know when the next meet up is?
jaX*

To whom it may concern,
Has anyone discussed Bluelight becoming incorporated or having a separate testing party attached to be incorporated. This is just a thought off the top of my head...but generally speaking an incorporated entity is a separate legal person. This means that in the event of legal proceedings they will be brought against the company and not specific individuals - there is also a rule of limited liability for public companues. This needs a bit more research but the thought just came to me...! It may turn out to be nothing!

kid a, the stall is not going to be anything to do w/ bluelight itself (seperate entity) and most likely will be a registered company of some kind.. we in melb were thinking a non-profit org.. how does that work? do the same rules re public liability apply?
i just had a thought at the mention of public toilets at clubs... sticking some kinda material up there would be excellent, and cheap too.
smile.gif

anyways.. work calls. sorry i havent been much help lately, i'm so busy right thru to cup day. you guys are doing a *fantastic* job, makes me wish i was over in sydney =)
IS ANYONE IN MELBOURNE DOING ANYTHING BTW?!
smilez ppl =)
smile.gif

great work, ppl.
And yep, once things are ready for action I'll be more than happy to do some media hustling..
yaytima- email me for a few promoter numbers if I forget to email you.

atomica
Cheers! Would love to hear your comments and ideas after Cup day (also wondering just what it is you're up to until then! hmmmmmnnn?
wink.gif
)
... and, yeah, what the hell are you guys doing in Melbourne???? Haste, how about emailing me that document, eh, buddy??? Let's all get the show rolling again, here!
wink.gif

milkybar
Ta very much. Will get you the details as soon as they exist!
bananafish
smile.gif

Good work people.
I'm from Sydney, and have been on this site for a while and I'm really impressed with your efforts. Remember, its guys like you who are going to be the heroes of tommorrow along the long (hopefully shorter than i'm expecting) road to legalisation.
Once that E can be demonstrated to be a safe substance to be taken, when people can actually know what it is that they are in fact eating, the stage is set for the next battle.
Do any of you guys live on the the northside?
Peace out
el_nino.

Hey el_nino!
Somehow, i don't think that e will ever get legalised.....look at how trips, pot etc are still frowned upon by the conservative greater section of society - and unfortunately these conservative ppl are the ones who have the main sway......our aim is to try and educate punters, and prevent the kind of occurances (ie: deaths) that have been giving this community a bad name.
I'm not sure if e *is* a safe substance. apart from the fact that the marquis test cannot tell *all* of the ingredients of a pill, nor prove their concentrations to any great degree, the long-term effects of taking e are still are not known.
just getting this project going, important and positive as it is, is not going to be easy. personally i'm just going to focus on this atm.
smile.gif

I'm in the inner west, but most of the BLers i know are on the "other side"
YaytIma

bananafish - yup i was thinking that if i do make it to earthcore that you guys could all come 2 mine for a bbq or something... and maybe have a BL stall meeting at the same time.. get all our shit together ya know? plus let ma pops see how trustworthy u guys all are and all that.. i'm assuming you're trustworthy??
wink.gif
uhhh not sure about the angle grinders but.. at home i'm limited to working with wood only.. but at school its a different story..
although my house is a mission... rather not reveal exact locality over BL.. but im from the same place as Finn !!! which i've just discovered.. sweet mate.. coz i assumed you guys were all from elsewhere coz of the meetups in newtown.. so one more from the northside el_nino
smile.gif

finn - check your mail.
tony
smile.gif

------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

Yaytima,
Love that focus and enthusiasm, girl!! You're a star act!
smile.gif

fat tony,
Excellent. I spend quite a few weekends in your area, so would be more than happy to have a meetup over your way. Can only hope your folks are more relaxed, rather than less, when they meet us!!
wink.gif

Just to update generally, I've been absolutely flatout with work this week so haven't had much time to do anything for the stall. Sorry!
frown.gif
I still am waiting to hear back from a few people, and will be back on the job chasing stuff tomorrow.
smile.gif

bananafish
smile.gif

guess what
smile.gif

i just met someone who started a chapter of dancesafe in victoria canada(island kids). hopefully i'll be able to lasso her into our next meeting. it'd be great to talk to someone who actually has first hand experience.
three cheers for serendipidy
biggrin.gif

(which happens to be her nickname as well)
------------------
We create our own joys, and we feel happiest in learning to trust each other

I'm so impressed with what we have done so far guys.
It's really going to happen. All we have to do is stay inspired and keep up the hard work.
We have a really cohesive little team with a lot of skills and a lot of knowledge and experience. Things will only get better once we have a few more people on board.
Go Sydney!
I have also been pretty busy over the last week but will post in a couple of days regarding my progress.
Do you think we should have another meeting in a couple of weeks time so that all the other interested Sydney bluelighters can get in on the act? By then we should have a lot of the research stuff done.
Let me know what you think....
Finn
smile.gif