Bluelight is a desert :(

Get high why don't you just fucking leave the forum and only participate in drug forums? Who are you? The drug-forums owner or something?

While I agree that replies can take a while I just think of it as BL'ers getting annoyed because most of the new threads have been answered 500 times PLUS you can find those answers without the reply of a bluelight user easily on the internet. I thoroughly search the internet before I start a new post an 60% of the time find a thread relating to what I wanted to ask.

I also haven't noticed any threads being closed for no reason. If that was going on it would be a much bigger issue. BL has rules and most users never read them and hop on here talking about they're pet girraffes popping pills sounding like total psychotic fools. Drug forums is clearly BL without the rules lol.

Drug forums always has more active member's by far then bluelight. Currently speaking bluelight has 3398 active users. Drug forums has a whopping 5489 active users. That exceeds bluelight by 2091 active users.
you are misunderstanding again. "active members" is (on bluelight) the number of registered users with activity in the last 30 days. as i explained, if drugs-forum.com uses the same threshold, then our "active members" stats are roughly the same.

"active users" is a snapshot of the number of users on site at that moment in time. i.e. it can change depending on the time of day. bluelight's max. "active users" was 5480. drugs-forum's max. is 5690. again, about even.

but quantity isn't everything. at bluelight, we like to encourage people to consider quality before quantity.
It's about the amount of traffic and actual active users too. Let's see here drug forums get 3.6 million visitors a month. Bluelight won't even show those statistics. Hmm I wonder why.
why the sarcasm? you only have to ask.

we don't publicise those figures because they're open to interpretation. but, for reference, in the last 12 months bluelight has had 878,235 visitors and 2,846,803 pageviews.

but this is all academic. we don't view this as some competition between us and drugs-forum.com as you seem to. i'm not sure why your approach to this discussion is so competitive? the more people spreading hr information and facilitating discussion on safe use of drugs, the better in my opinion

we're happy to hear feedback on the site. if you want to get involved and help with bluelight's hr mission, you're encouraged to do just that.

if you just want to criticise for the sake of criticism, then that's a waste of both your time and my time and you might be more at home over at drugs-forum.com

alasdair

also, get high, third time asking: you claimed we're losing "most of" our members. can you quantify that for me please?

alasdair

Memberate much, buddy?

No bs, the word likely was supposed to make it's way in there... but otherwise, yup, just a wild guess that complaining about low activity while high, without a question is better suited for a blog than in BDD.

Get high why don't you just fucking leave the forum and only participate in drug forums? Who are you? The drug-forums owner or something?

While I agree that replies can take a while I just think of it as BL'ers getting annoyed because most of the new threads have been answered 500 times PLUS you can find those answers without the reply of a bluelight user easily on the internet. I thoroughly search the internet before I start a new post an 60% of the time find a thread relating to what I wanted to ask.

I also haven't noticed any threads being closed for no reason. If that was going on it would be a much bigger issue. BL has rules and most users never read them and hop on here talking about they're pet girraffes popping pills sounding like total psychotic fools. Drug forums is clearly BL without the rules lol.

A lot of threads get closed , including mine for no reason. Sure I'm drug forum owner now come over and enjoy free open discussions :) haha no I just saw the negative aspects of this site that prompted me to voice my opinion. That's all

you are misunderstanding again. "active members" is (on bluelight) the number of registered users with activity in the last 30 days. as i explained, if drugs-forum.com uses the same threshold, then our "active members" stats are roughly the same.

"active users" is a snapshot of the number of users on site at that moment in time. i.e. it can change depending on the time of day. bluelight's max. "active users" was 5480. drugs-forum's max. is 5690. again, about even.

but quantity isn't everything. at bluelight, we like to encourage people to consider quality before quantity.

we don't publicise those figures because they're open to interpretation. but, for reference, in the last 12 months bluelight has had 878,235 visitors and 2,846,803 pageviews.

but this is all academic. we don't view this as some competition between us and drugs-forum.com as you seem to. i'm not sure why your approach to this discussion is so competitive? the more people spreading hr information and facilitating discussion on safe use of drugs, the better in my opinion

we're happy to hear feedback on the site. if you want to get involved and help with bluelight's hr mission, you're encouraged to do just that.

if you just want to criticise for the sake of criticism, then that's a waste of both your time and my time and you might be more at home over at drugs-forum.com

alasdair

Never underestimate your opponent. You should know this by now.

This thread brings to mind a saying I love. "Never be seen arguing with a fool, as on lookers can't always tell the difference"

as i said, i don't view drugs-forum as an 'opponent'. it's telling - and not a little ironic - that you view bluelight that way.

alasdair

A lot of threads get closed , including mine for no reason. Sure I'm drug forum owner now come over and enjoy free open discussions :) haha no I just saw the negative aspects of this site that prompted me to voice my opinion. That's all

I see you got a hold of a dictionary, now go out and get a thesaurus, and maybe work on your grammer while you are at it. I know you must be embarassed getting 'owned' by a child but you shouldn't be ashamed of your borderline illiteracy even at your advanced/reduced mental age.

alasdair

Paragraph six says it all, in my opinion, the more HR websites accessible, the better because there's more material for people to access.

This reminds me of the battles going on between our local recovery groups at mo. One is trying to cause trouble n get the other wound up---but the other simply retorts with positivity n comments such as "The more recovery groups the better because thus more people have access to a support network which may differentiate between that person's internal success (paraphrased).

Bluelight is an ace, amazing resource, full of knowledgable people n a wealth of informative on a vast range of substances from substance use, abuse, misuse or whatever plus everyone talks in first-person as a bonus. What more could anyone ask for?

Evey

Last edited:
Wtf It says i can only send a message every 180 mins. i got around it though. this is my first day on here.

Well OP you are not the center of the universe despite what you might think.

If you don't like the site you can always go do something else.

Also do you have a fucking question or are you just pissing and moaning?

Wtf It says i can only send a message every 180 mins. i got around it though. this is my first day on here.

Once you become a Bluelighter you'll be able to instantly send private msgs. Only another 22 msgs left :)

Welcome to Bluelight :)

Evey

i received a pm today from somebody who's been talking to the sole administrator of drugs-forum.com ('Alfa') and who was asked to pass on this message from Alfa"
drugs-forum.com admin said:
Could you please forward the message that the sarcastic message posted in that thread was not posted by the owner of drugs-forum.com
drugs-forum.com is owned by the SIN foundation (non-profit) and run by me. I am the only administrator & webmaster.
Please forward that I wish BL the best and hope that people will stop these silly rivalries.
I am not sure why the thread is comparing BL to DF, because there are various much larger forums like grasscity for example. BL is clearly very active after decades which is an accomplishment, so its in fine shape.

All the best,

Alfa
Administrator
Sure I'm drug forum owner...
nope.

alasdair

i'm a lover, not a fighter.

it's clear that some members of drugs-forum.com and bluelight.org want to perpetuate some kind of inter-site rivalry. such action just distracts from the mission of hr.

alasdair

i received a pm today from somebody who's been talking to the sole administrator of drugs-forum.com ('Alfa') and who was asked to pass on this message from Alfa"nope.

alasdair

Sounds like a mature message (for some reason it won't quote it) n Fair play for them writing it n putting the record straight, I feel.

I really don't understand trolls n what they get out of trying to cause trouble. End of the day respectibility is what will benefit the masses. Feuding only causes division, anamosity n negativity.

Evey

i'm a lover, not a fighter.

it's clear that some members of drugs-forum.com and bluelight.org want to perpetuate some kind of inter-site rivalry. such action just distracts from the mission of hr.

alasdair

i was just kidding around man. i'm sorry if it came off wrong.