Bluelight is a desert :(

get high

Bluelighter
Bluelight seems to be dead most of the time now. I notice there aren't as many active members or activity on bluelight as there used to be. If I post a question or thread it can take some time to get any responses. I wrote this when I was high as hell lol

Bluelight is like a desert. Dying out inhabitable for most. The last few bluelighters remain staying content and learning to adapt to the harsh deserted dead thread environments thriving off the only company they have the voucher posters whome trail along their threads and postings. These strong few bluelighters live off the dead carcass replies and threads that once were active from fellow deceased bluelighters. These bluelighters thrive off the last remaining vermin posters whom they see once in awhile slither across the desert and scurry to the next thread a few hundred miles away. The last remaining bluelighters remain in refuge under rocks and cactusses in limbo. They wait patiently for the next hail storm of threads and replies which may never come. These harsh environments are only livable for the fittest bluelighters. I call it Survival of the fittest.

Sorry I was REALLY high when I wrote this lol. If you don't understand what I meant sorry haha. I was trying to compare bluelight to a desert because this forum is almost dead at times and there aren't as many responses or activity as there used to be. I was high as HELL when I wrote this. I guess I was trying to make a simile between bluelight and a desert. I have no idea how the hell I came up with this shit but It's pretty funny to read it now haha!

I'm re-posting this because it was closed for ABSOLUTELY no reason and moved to the "support" category. Why the hell was it moved there? Does this sound like a question to you? Obviously the moderators did not like this thread for some reason and decided to move it for no apparent reason. They didn't even bother to explain why. Maybe it's because I'm saying bluelight isn't very popular now and they disagree? If they don't agree why can't they voice their opinions (which one did) instead of just moving then closing my thread! Comon now! Seriously...

If you close this again I'm going to contact aq. I already took a screenshot of this and also my other thread. Peace

Several years ago I've spent a lot of time on a german forum about drugs and stuff, but the forum got more and more lousy and I believe it's been taken off now. I don't know why this is, maybe it has to do with the developement of the www ... all this modern stuff like facebook, twitter, youtube... and the "good guys" from back then don't idle so much on forums. also the new generation is too impacient to read and write posts, bcause it takes a lot of meth, eeerm, WORK, work to ... to write stuff down you know.

Your thread was closed because it kinda serves no purpose on a harm reduction forum and has no place in BDD... there's not even a question. Write it in your blog if you really feel the need to point this out (BL users have an accessible blog area). What's with everyone threatening to report to aq? This is like the second or third time I've seen that threat this week.

Last edited:
Your thread was closed because it kinda serves no purpose on a harm reduction forum and has no place in BDD... there's not even a question. Write it in your blog if you really feel the need to point this out (BL users have an accessible blog area). What's with everyone threatening to report to aq? This is like the second or third time I've seen that threat this week.

So every single thread on here has to be about harm reduction or a question? No stories, thoughts, ideas, observations, or any other threads are allowed? Wow I guess you might as well delete half of every thread on here because it has nothing to do with harm reduction and is not a question. bluelight should not even be forums then. It should just a drug information site. No one elses input, just ways to be safe while using drugs. Guess that's what bluelight should be according to you. Guess we should delete the whole "best of bluelight" section while we're at it because the majority of the threads there are stories or self comments, not harm reduction information or a question. Ok buddy.

I'm re-posting this because it was closed for ABSOLUTELY no reason and moved to the "support" category. Why the hell was it moved there? Does this sound like a question to you?
the basic drug discussion forum is for: "Specific questions on drugs in order to promote harm reduction. This should be your first stop before using the Other Drugs or Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion forums for more extensive discussion.".

does it say anything there about discussion of general site issues and/or concerns? the support forum is for: "Have a question about Bluelight? Need some help with the site? Have a complaint about something? This is the place to talk to the entire Bluelight staff!"

your thread was moved to support because support is the right place for discussion of general site issues. your thread was closed because it was derailed by a bunch of troublemakers.
Obviously the moderators did not like this thread for some reason and decided to move it for no apparent reason.
as explained, this is incorrect. just because you don't know the reason, doesn't mean there is no reason.
They didn't even bother to explain why.
a pm to the appropriate staff member would have got you an explanation. i try to post or pm whenever i take any moderator action but bluelight is run entirely by volunteers who have other demands on their time so sometimes it doesn't happen.
Maybe it's because I'm saying bluelight isn't very popular now and they disagree?
maybe not.
If you close this again I'm going to contact aq.
i'll be honest. if i am going to get spanked by somebody on bluelight, aq. is definitely on my list :)
I already took a screenshot of this and also my other thread. Peace
the system records all threads, even those which are deleted so there's no need to keep a screenshot. but knock yourself out if you want to.

thanks for the feedback.

on topic, i wrote in the other thread:
me said:
if you think bluelight is a desert, what are you doing to make it better? read questions... do some research... have a conversation. in short, help out. if everybody just waited for somebody else to do it, there would be no bluelight.

right now, there are 3066 people (95 members and 2971 guests) looking at bluelight. most users ever online at the same time was 5480. that was the 17th november last year.

in the last month (december 17th 2014 to january 16th 2015) we've had nearly 3,000,000 page views.

there are plenty of people looking to bluelight for information.
alasdair

My bad I would of appreciated an explanation before you closed it through out of respect. Also I don't even know who aq is I was just copying what someone else said just so you wouldn't close this one lol. I didn't take a screenshot and I don't even know the aq is or any of the moderators on here are.

I was upset that you closed it without notifying it or explaining anything to me. Plus there was 500 views on that thread and I didn't get to hear any of the input or inquiries from any of the viewers because you closed it. So the thread was pointless. This site might as well NOT even be a forum site if threads just get closed and people don't get to put their input in. This site should just be a drug information site then.

What's the point in this site being forums then? Plus my friend was telling me how half the shit he posts gets deleted. How is that fair? Why is this site moderated to a degree in which freedom of expression or opinion is not allowed? If it's this regulated people might just take their voice somewhere else. This is a forum after all people should be able to have a say. I understand some things should not be allowed like giving harmful advice or potentially dangerous input but besides that I don't see the issue with having free speech.

the basic drug discussion forum is for: "Specific questions on drugs in order to promote harm reduction. This should be your first stop before using the Other Drugs or Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion forums for more extensive discussion.".

does it say anything there about discussion of general site issues and/or concerns? the support forum is for: "Have a question about Bluelight? Need some help with the site? Have a complaint about something? This is the place to talk to the entire Bluelight staff!"

your thread was moved to support because support is the right place for discussion of general site issues. your thread was closed because it was derailed by a bunch of troublemakers.
as explained, this is incorrect. just because you don't know the reason, doesn't mean there is no reason.
a pm to the appropriate staff member would have got you an explanation. i try to post or pm whenever i take any moderator action but bluelight is run entirely by volunteers who have other demands on their time so sometimes it doesn't happen.
maybe not.
i'll be honest. if i am going to get spanked by somebody on bluelight, aq. is definitely on my list :)
the system records all threads, even those which are deleted so there's no need to keep a screenshot. but knock yourself out if you want to.

thanks for the feedback.

on topic, i wrote in the other thread:alasdair

My bad I would of appreciated an explanation before you closed it through out of respect. Also I don't even know who aq is I was just copying what someone else said just so you wouldn't close this one lol. I didn't take a screenshot and I don't even know the aq is or any of the moderators on here are.

I was upset that you closed it without notifying it or explaining anything to me. Plus there was 500 views on that thread and I didn't get to hear any of the input or inquiries from any of the viewers because you closed it. So the thread was pointless. This site might as well NOT even be a forum site if threads just get closed and people don't get to put their input in. This site should just be a drug information site then.

What's the point in this site being forums then? Plus my friend was telling me how half the shit he posts gets deleted. How is that fair? Why is this site moderated to a degree in which freedom of expression or opinion is not allowed? If it's this regulated people might just take their voice somewhere else. This is a forum after all people should be able to have a say. I understand some things should not be allowed like giving harmful advice or potentially dangerous input but besides that I don't see the issue with having free speech.

Also I don't even know who aq is I was just copying what someone else said just so you wouldn't close this one lol. I didn't take a screenshot and I don't even know the aq is or any of the moderators on here are.
ok.
Plus there was 500 views on that thread and I didn't get to hear any of the input or inquiries from any of the viewers because you closed it.
threads always have a higher number of views than posts. a high number of views doesn't mean that those people were going to post. some just read.
So the thread was pointless. This site might as well NOT even be a forum site if threads just get closed and people don't get to put their input in. This site should just be a drug information site then.
not really.
What's the point in this site being forums then?
we're discussing one thread. there are over 280,000 other threads on bluelight in which discussion is taking place. that's the point of this site being forums.
Plus my friend was telling me how half the shit he posts gets deleted.
what's his username?
How is that fair?
i don't know. i have no idea what you're talking about at this point.
Why is this site moderated to a degree in which freedom of expression or opinion is not allowed?
i totally disagree with that characterisation.
This is a forum after all people should be able to have a say.
people do have a say. one thread being closed doesn't mean nobody has a say. you're having a say now.
I understand some things should not be allowed like giving harmful advice or potentially dangerous input but besides that I don't see the issue with having free speech.
the idea of free speech - in the u.s. first amendment sense - doesn't apply on bluelight.

alasdair

My 2 cents for what its worth is that BL is like a dessert. Something sweet at the end of my day, good or bad the info I gain is like a banana cream pie. An a glass of milk. I'm kinda sad that you feel the way you do. This place helped me from my first post and it hasn't stopped giving.

ok.
threads always have a higher number of views than posts. a high number of views doesn't mean that those people were going to post. some just read.
not really.
we're discussing one thread. there are over 280,000 other threads on bluelight in which discussion is taking place. that's the point of this site being forums.
what's his username?
i don't know. i have no idea what you're talking about at this point.
i totally disagree with that characterisation.
people do have a say. one thread being closed doesn't mean nobody has a say. you're having a say now.
the idea of free speech - in the u.s. first amendment sense - doesn't apply on bluelight.

alasdair

I haven't been on bluelight in 4 years and I came back 2 days ago and I never had a problem with any moderators or members for that matter. Just in a matter of a day I get the real picture on why this site is losing most of its members and activity. It's regulated to a point where no one can keep a thread or have a say. Half the threads I see on here get closed within 2 replies. It seems like you guys just browse on the forums looking for any minor thing to close, ban, or delete. You guys take this way too seriously. You're regulating the site to the way YOU like. Anything you may not agree with you close or delete. (for example You closed the last forum because there were "troublemakers" who were not agreeing with your decisions)

Think about what would happen if people like you actually got meaningful authority and power in the real life. It would be a terrible outcome and it happends a lot especially in law enforcement. Your ego and authority would get to your head and you'd take full advantage of the power you have. It's like your on a power-trip. Now close this thread to because someone is voicing out their opinion. No wonder Drug Forum has way more active members and open discussions.

...why this site is losing most of its members and activity.
most of its members? please quantify that?
It's regulated to a point where no one can keep a thread or have a say.
that's not true. again, you're having a say right now.
Half the threads I see on here get closed within 2 replies.
that is demonstrably untrue.
It seems like you guys just browse on the forums looking for any minor thing to close, ban, or delete.
that's demonstrably untrue.
You guys take this way too seriously.
you're taking it pretty seriously too :)
You're regulating the site to the way YOU like.
agreed.
Anything you may not agree with you close or delete.
that's demonstrably untrue.
(for example You closed the last forum because there were "troublemakers" who were not agreeing with your decisions)
i explained why your previous thread was closed. you're incorrect.
Think about what would happen if people like you actually got meaningful authority and power in the real life. It would be a terrible outcome and it happends a lot especially in law enforcement. Your ego and authority would get to your head and you'd take full advantage of the power you have. It's like your on a power-trip.
thanks for the personal, insulting analysis.
Now close this thread to because someone is voicing out their opinion.
and yet the thread remains open...
No wonder Drug Forum has way more active members and open discussions.
you mean https://drugs-forum.com?

how many active members do they have? how many open discussions?

thanks and regards

alasdair

drugs-forum.com:
members: 205,536
active: 6,438
threads: 180,442
average posts per thread: 6.90

bluelight.org:
members: 282,071
active: 6,171
threads: 282,060
average posts per thread: 22.17

our active member threshold is 30 days. if drugs-forum.com uses a similar number, we're about even. i don't know what they use, do you?

i find that average posts per thread is a good, general indicator of activity and also informs your comments about half the threads on bluelight being closed within two replies. bluelight threads get, on average, over 3 times as many responses as threads on drugs-forum.com.

a number of your assumptions and/or claims are simply incorrect.

alasdair

Dude just admit you got owned and move on, also try using a spell check on a separate windoe becauze youre ao;lk nfff['
{Asl d jo is turrrrible

I barely made any spelling errors whatsoever and I "owned" him to a degree you can't even comprehend. You didn't read anything I had to say. I made the best fucking arguments out there hands down.

Anyway why am I even defending myself against a child? I'm assuming you're 12 years old since you used the word "owned". Isn't it past your bedtime kid? Your mother is going to be furious at you. Get to bed right this instant! Of course the child blurts out false accusations without even reading or knowing the facts. You probably read one line and came up with that conclusion. Kids are just impatient, I understand that. They have lack of focus. I can see you have an attention span of a child. I know it's hard for you to sit still and read a few lines of text. Did mommy forget to give you your adderall pill today? I'm sorry. Now get to bed pronto!

Dude just admit you got owned and move on, also try using a spell check on a separate windoe becauze youre ao;lk nfff['
{Asl d jo is turrrrible

I barely made any spelling errors whatsoever and I "owned" him to a degree you can't even comprehend. You didn't read anything I had to say. I made the best fucking arguments out there hands down.

Anyway why am I even defending myself against a child? I'm assuming you're 12 years old since you used the word "owned". Isn't it past your bedtime kid? Your mother is going to be furious at you. Get to bed right this instant! Of course the child blurts out false accusations without even reading or knowing the facts. You probably read one line and came up with with conclusion. Kids are just impatient, I understand that. They have lack of focus. I can see you have an attention span of a child. I know it's hard for you to sit still and read a few lines of text. Did mommy forget to give you your adderall pill today? I'm sorry. Now get to bed pronto!

i don't het why some people have to act like dramaqueens on this website. Just use it for the amazing source of info it is.

^ indeed.

birc0014, get high - i'm sorry to see you guys derail this thread into a childish slagging match. please keep your comments on-topic and avoid the ad-homs please.

get high, i'm interested in your response to my message #12. the numbers just do not support what you're saying.

also, you claimed we're losing "most of" our members. can you quantify that for me please?

thanks and regards

alasdair

Drug forums always has more active member's by far then bluelight. Currently speaking bluelight has 3398 active users. Drug forums has a whopping 5489 active users. That exceeds bluelight by 2091 active users. It's about the amount of traffic and actual active users too. Let's see here drug forums get 3.6 million visitors a month. Bluelight won't even show those statistics. Hmm I wonder why.

You would think bluelight would far exceed drug forums on the charts when it comes to numbers, because bluelight has been around 3 years longer than drug forums, but that's not the case. On top of that you need to put into consideration that we're talking about the present not past. Sure there may be more registers members, but those aren't active users. Sure there may be more posts but those aren't present posts. Bluelight has been around longer than drug forums, and yet it doesn't have as many users.

I also "notice" that many users post threads only to be answers after the long period of time, leading to the thread being pointless. As I went through various threads most of the questions were answers hours or even days later. At drug forum people's questions get answers within a reasonable time, making it useful. Presently speaking bluelight has less active members, slower response times, and less traffic. It may of been different at one point in time, but not anymore.

Memberate much, buddy?