bluelight greatest hits (posts/threads)-some favorites

beautiful

Bluelighter
how about sharing some posts that you have read in teh past, from this bluelight, the old one, the original-that you found to be the best....i'd like to hear some old great posts taht you have read or written...anybody have any favorites??

Definitely pinger's summer post on the old board software. It brought back so many excellent memories of summers past and made us all excited about the summer to come. In fact, he found it the other day so i sent it around to all my friends and they all loved it as well. It's summer here in Australia at the moment and the best part of summer (Christmas and New Years) is almost upon us. So now is a good time to repost it. I hope pinger doesn't mind me posting it again....
summer...ahhh
the suns first rays kiss you and you know everything is going to be good for another year. The sun warms your skin and blood, until it feels like a shot of good scotch heading to your belly. your skin tingles like the build of a good roll. you can smell the cut lawns and flowers in the air. people smell like sunscreen. you can hear the cicadas and the frogs celebrating the arriving warmth. everyone is happy. summer is here.
the beach takes on another dimension. previously, what was a desolate patch of dirt intent on finding it's way into your shoes, eyes or underwear, becomes a glorious heated catwalk with a paddling pool at the end. we are blessed in australia with some perfect beaches, thousands of miles of coastline meant we had to get it right in some places. miles of white sand and perfect blue water surround all our coastal cities. at the beach I love spreading coconut oil on the taught tummy of your tanned girl. i know i may as well be spreading cooking oil on a loved one, but it's a funky sexy smell and dammitt if i don't enjoy it. i love wearing thongs and crappy t-shirts and big mexican sombrero's. i love bodysurfing amongst the waves and wonder if anyone else thinks they are a dolphin for a brief second. i love reading a book in the sand, the rays feel like they are infusing your body slowly and lulling you to a trippy, contented state.
i love getting a summer haircut, going to the cricket, moonlight swims, hot feet on asphalt, icypoles, boogie boards, margarita's, bad Hawaiian shirts, singlets, sunscreen, electric fans, paddling pools, waterslides, making hot sweaty love, cold showers, sunshowers.
i love summer for the social facilitator it is. rainy winter weekends spent in front of a fire with a good book by yourself, become barbeques and gatherings at friends houses. bring a salad and some meat, and more beer than you can drink in a week. gather around, catch up on where we were all hibernating all winter, and relax in the warmth of the living. I love going to summer parties, putting on your boardshorts and sunscreen, grabbing a sensible hat and sunglasses. grabbing your water and your pills and heading to a party. i love having a beer at the end of the weekend, and watching the sun descend slowly into the water
and i love summer for how happy it makes people. ever noticed how people seem more relaxed? ever noticed it's easier to get a smile. ever noticed how you've never seen an e called "winter". however, i've seen plenty of "suns" or "summers" or "inca's". that's because the suns makes us happy.
fuck i love summer
pinger
Isn't that amazing imagery? Thanks pinger
smile.gif

miss apple
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 20 December 1999).]

Hmmm...I don't know if it was my favorite thread, but it sticks out in my mind more than any other from the past: the X-men/responsible person thread that was left in the pill reports section before Jase and Skydancer switched software.
X-men posted as "responsible person," a Chinese citizen who berated all of the E-heads, especially the American ones, for their indulgent, self-centered lifestyles. This one post wouldn't have stood out in my mind, except for the fact that almost everybody and their monkey responded to it in an angry and aggressive fashion. More than anything, the responses proved "responsible person's" point, and saddened me that some bluelighters were so quick to attack anyone with an opposing viewpoint...especially an opinion with some very valid points.
Still, it was quite lively and rather amusing at the same time...two qualities I always search for in a good thread.

the funnest one and most memorable one for me , has to be the great "Binky thread" . sasha stired up a fucking hornets nest with that one, and it was so damn funny as to see how it went from just starting to try and liven up the board as a joke, and it went to the extreme of people getting pissed off !
god , i miss her posts ! hey and if your lurking out there sasha , email me damn it !
wink.gif

Someone posted this at the OLD old board. It stuck in my brain and it pops up everytime. I used it in my art and music, and in my dreams. The poster is long gone probably...
"After a roll"
The tall, dark figure stood atop the hill in the early morning fog and
waited for a sign. The brim of his hat pulled low over his dark and
sunken eyes. He was tired now, it having been an evening full of dancing
and laughter, smiles and warm embraces.
Now that it was over he stood on the hill
waiting, watching, listening
for that sign. A sign to tell him that his way was right and that all
others were lost and hopeless. But no sign made itself known to him
and soon the fog became too thick to breathe. Then, he was lost and
realized he would never find his way home again.
"So, I will stay here on this hill and make it my home." he decided after much consideration.
"And I think I'll take another pill."
------------------
[email protected]
http://www.skydancer.org/
"Can't say I'm lucky enough to know what love is" -- e_rep

YO YO YO, bink_e_rep here sayin "WWWWHHHHAAAATTTTTSSSSSSUUUPPPP PEOPLES". Founder of the ECBP, that right son, the East Coast Binky Posse homey. With such fat tunes like "Got my mind on my binkey", aint nuthin but a B thang", and "Are you looking at my mothafuckin binky yo!?!?!?!"
I'm gonna chill, kid
I'm on a pill kid,
My jaw is gridin and I can't keep it still kid
And it'll keep going till after the show,
You looking at my mutherfuckin binky yo.
chorus
You looking at my mutherfuckin binky yo.
Uh, Uh
You looking at my binky
you know we could step it toe ta toe,
uh, uh,
quit looking at my binky yo.
HHHHHEEEEELllllll YYEEEEAAAHHHH...represent.
That was probably my favorite also.
------------------
"I'll never hit a women, but I'll smack the shit out a bitch" -- skydancer (not really)

Whoa, meant to take out that "skydancer (not really)" out of my signature. Just to let anyone know if they misinterpreted what I meant, skydancer did not say that. Jase did.
wink.gif

Whoa, meant to take out that "skydancer (not really)" out of my signature. Just to let anyone know if they misinterpreted what I meant, skydancer did not say that. Jase did.
wink.gif

------------------
Truly a victim of the drug culture. A natural street freak. Ingesting anything that came by.

nice flashback, raverdad! that binky debate was a good one (and sweet 'ol e-rep with a gift of a binky for sasha in person, lol-that was great).
i hate to admit what i keep tinking about because it'll prove how big of a bitch i am but, i kinda thought the fights with dr. tom and nestor were the best, they were so funny. especially when nestor started with the "i'm going to leave because dr. tom is making fun of me" and dr tom's reaction by calling him a cry- baby. that was so funny.
sasha fans: i propsoe a movement to bring sasha back, at least once to say hi. i don't know her work schedule, i never see her on my buddy list anymore but i she must be around, every now and then an email pops up. let's bring her back!!!

I don't know exactly what posts they were, but there was a week on the old board when all I got was flaming. Everyone flamed poor old mona.
frown.gif

OH THAT's RIGHT! it was the infamous 'Speed Post'.
There was also the time when absolutly NO-ONE on the entire board ('cept) for the Aussies and one or two twisted Americans, could understnad my attempts at humour. Brainless idiots you all were.
Man, now I feel like a loser. Nominating a thread *I* started.
biggrin.gif

Oh well, if I can't support myself, who will?
Cheers.
mona.

[This message has been edited by mEow (edited 21 December 1999).]

beautiful -
I thought the dr. tom/nestor fights were pretty funny too. some of the shit they would come up with...dr. tom was waaaay out there. Oh! Remember whe he tried to teach us all Holotrophic breathing as a means of getting high?
but i also rememeber when you were "axe" and some of the wars that ensued after your posts! lol!
wink.gif

No, the best was when I acing like I wanted to hook "SmuRf" you know the gut who wanted to experiment w/ a hundred pills, but had a cali police IP address...anyway I posted a sarcastic reply saying I knew a great hook up in cali and I gave him the # to the drug task force in cali...and I WAS ACCUSED OF BEING A **** (informant working for police)! Btw, Fox,Dana, Aby, Queen, DaisY, Tarmac, Ashleeboo and KelleBelle, you're all under arrest! But not until we party again.
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."
[This message has been edited by TBritton (edited 22 December 1999).]

i , loved deep's wilbur posts.
bring wilbur back home to bluelight!!!! i think he should be our mascot.
i'll also join in the shameless self-promotion (some things never change
wink.gif
); i loved the thread where, i think it was JuIcEr, wanted to know if any "hot chicks who liked to party" were going to cancun. i posted as SLUTZ (i posted ssome response promising him numerous acts of fellatio if he gave me pills) and he actually responded to my joke by asking me to e-mail him!!
i found it funny!?

just found mine! Oh, the newbies....
The question was posed, How do I not feel so bad the next couple of days?
Extacy reduces the amount of sarotoium(bad speller)in your brain. This controls basiclly all of your every day functions. Eating Sleeping...ext...After rolling your saratoium level will go back to normal, unless you roll chronicly. (a lot on a regular basis) The "weird ass feeling" a couple of days later is the cause of the reduction of the saotoium levels in your brain. This "weird ass feeling" is asociated w/depression. In fact, this is the part of your brain that also controls your "emotions". So if your looking for a cure for this "weird ass feeling" there really isn't one.
------OK there may be a couple. If you can get a hold of some sarotoium pills(they really do make them),or the new drug Zantax, Im told works wonders (Zantex is used for depression.)
I think this is my new HMO physician that I just signed up with. "weird ass feeling" - That's exactly how he described it.

The debate about gun control from the last board was a riot - all the US peeps really got fired up over that one! Being a Brit I stayed out of it, but it was fun watching it develop (sadly that's not possible on the new software
frown.gif
).
There were also a couple of great threads around that time involving mom and her stuff with Angela that really brought out the best in the old bluelight community.
Finally - another vote for please come back SASHA!
[This message has been edited by Mr Superbad (edited 22 December 1999).]

This wasn't an oldy - I think it was only posted about a week ago, but it was by FAR one of the goodiest - the Pinger First Taste of GHB debacle. Laugh? I wet the seat.
I used to love Phreex's posts on the original bluelight too. Someone would write something completely innocent like "Who's going to Twilo tonight?" or "Has anyone tried green RNs?" and Phreex would respond, manically, with "MEEEEEETH!!!!!! METH IS THE SHIT!!!!!! BANG FOUR KILOS OF METH INTO YOUR GASPING VEINS NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!"
It totally kicked to the curb any idea that Bluelight was in any way a responsible, educational site, because his instructions were always so fucking insane, but it always made me laugh.
I also loved PinHead's posts, because of his dodgy English. He was the king of writing stuff like "And the tablet of vein pure insurged cocaine cognition, yes?" I miss him - and I'd like to add him to the "bring back Sasha" pressure group, if I may.
In terms of posts that make you wipe away the tears and go "Ahhhh, the good old days" it'd have to be that massive thread that began just after I joined the board when someone, and I think we can safely say it was Sasha, insulted someone else on the board. A few other people jumped in, and everyone ended up getting shitty at each other. Which prompted a thread whose header was something like "I LOVE PinHead, Rob, Sasha, Pillcat, Jono, DiscoBiscuit, Phreex, Dr Tom, Nestor, Phish2000, ASiD, Josefine, etc...etc..." as a kiss-and-make-up attempt. It literally had every single person on the board named, and was a really touching showing of unity. Remember the days when you could literally name every person on the board? When you knew a little bit about everyone, knew where they were from, how old they were, had a good idea of their personality etc? That was a good time.
I'm thinking of compiling a book of "Bluelight's greatest posts". Of course it's a bit of a fantasy at the moment, but it's definitely on the to-do list. I think it's got all the makings of a great read.
Brilliant thread Axe (as you shall always be to me).
Love
Pillcat

Anything that pryo has ever written. I think he's the best writer on this board and his posts allways make me think.
--Antiher0

Mona, actually I think it was you, but there was some thread and we had gotten on the subject of spirituality and drugs, and I think you said something like
"hiding my drugs use behind some spritiual guise is wrong" and I was fucking pissed. I wrote this whole big emotion driven response and you didn't respond. Not that I wanted a fight, but I would have rather had the discussion. Now I love you.(your a go-go dancer right. How could I not love a go-go dancer?
smile.gif
)

Who's this pryo fellow?
My vote is anything Doc Tom has ever written because after you deciphered his hebrew scribblings he actually made a lot of sense. He's the only guy that I know who could post something that would make me sit down for an hour with a piece of paper and a pencil trying to figure it out and understand it. Somewhere in those long ass 500 word titles was usually something interesting or at least comical. Maybe we're exonerating Doctor Thomas a bit much?...
Long live Doc Tom! Glorify and worship his name for ever and ever until the end of time, for he is the Alpha and the Omega
*ahem* I'll stop before I'm struck down with fire.
Pryo