• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bluelight FAQ - please read and contribute

Don't forget to add SFL for the regions.
smile.gif

looks like we're getting somewhere.
my first suggestion is to create a table of contents that would link down to each area. this will make it easier for people to take a quick look to see if the topic their interested in exists in the FAQ. like it or not, not everyone will read the entire FAQ from top to bottom. there seems to be more interest in a FAQ by long-time bluelighters, people who are concerned with the health of the board. the casual reader might be more inclined to post a question than to look over the FAQ if it becomes too difficult to navigate.
my next question is how much content should be included in the FAQ. if you want to know about your drugs, go to erowid or the lyceum. they have a bountiful amount of information there, but for the average 'new bluelighter,' that amount of information can be overwhelming. there is such a thing as too much information. we havent gotten there yet, but a caveat to keep in mind.
and now for another solution for the FAQ/common threads issue...
the FAQ should be a living document. keeping it in the BLD2000 forum encourages people to add to it. the flipside of that is it can get pushed back into the depths of bluelight where not everyone, and im mainly thinking of new bluelighters, has a chance to see it. maybe a special forum for the FAQ or maybe even common topics. instead of trying to dig up old threads you can just point people to the 'Common Topics' forum. probably should think of a better name for that, but i think you get the idea.
this forum would be restricted from posting new topics. only threads started by masturbators or moved in here from other forums would be allowed. this way we could consolidate all the plugging and dxm and heroin in e topics into one place. there are a bunch of benefits to a forum like this, i'll try and describe a few, maybe someone else can think of some more:
::: topics remain visible :::
by limiting new threads, these discussions wont get buried under more of the daily chatter that is bluelight. those threads are still of great value because they give birth to the classic threads. a good limit to the number of main threads we would want in this forum would be as many that fit onto one page. currently thats at 40, i think we could fit well within that limit.
::: focused discussion :::
rather than having 93 posts on dxm (thats how many my search returned), we have one. each one of these threads would represent one of the topic sections in the FAQ right now. people could add to it as they see fit. this will also make discussions more cohesive making it eaiser to gleen information from rather than having to pick through one large FAQ or lots of little threads.
one thing that i'll suggest but i'm a little leary about would be to delete redudant posts, "me too's", bumps and other posts that really dont add much but noise to the discussion. the problem here is that it could be construed as censorship. i'd like to think of this forum as more of a published work with editorial review rather than free discussion. that might get around the censorship issue. if anyone is familar with slashdot, over there they have a moderation system where random people with good standing w/in the community get chosen to promote the better threads. this forum doesnt have that kind of ability, but the end result should be the same: only high quality posts get scene. if you want to see the rest of them, maybe we could have twin thread that would be uncensored. in our case, we would give a certain set of people who have been dedicating their time to working on the FAQ this editorial control.
wouldnt it be great if we had one thread that had bluelight / net terms, people could post as they found more then be consolidated at the end of the week back into the original post? or a where to find/buy thread where people could post their favorite links.
mae
---
there is no spoon
[This message has been edited by maestro^^ (edited 20 June 2000).]

One thing I didn't notice was the thing that drew me to bluelight in the first place: www.pillreports.com
Don't wait for someone to reply to your post "Are these pills any good?" - chances are someone's already tested, tried and posted the info there for all of us!

bump, i will do a makeover and make a 3.0 version soon, so people, please CONTRIBUTE!
if it looks like you know more about a particular part than i do, please send some info down the pipeline. this is all grassroots.
peace

Okay people, don't forget to bitch about everything under the sun...from E-heads in cuddle puddles on the dancefloor to the miserable little shit who has the unmitigated gall to question your opinion.
BITCH BITCH BITCH...but while you're bitching, don't forget to whine some too.
smile.gif

Just telling the kiddies the proper way of behaving to make bluelight a better place...it's just FAQ info.
wink.gif

It is no way directed at you, l/o.
smile.gif

no one's got the map for sticky's stream of thought
any bits of this you need help with LO?

please do. we were just hoping that there was some automated way of keeping it up there... it seems its too hard... if you've got the patience to bump it everyday then i salute you... but everyone should as well....

Well i won't be able to every day, but will try a few times a week. I think if I just edit a post it will shove it up without having to keep adding posts and making it unbearably huge with my bumps.

REGARDING BUMPING:
No, editing a post will not bump up a thread... it has to be a new post.
However, you can DELETE a previous bump YOU made from a post after you make the new one... that's how I keep stuff I endlessly have to bump from growing outlandishly large....
------------------
If it's orange and fuzzy, it's FoXy...therefore it's a CANDYFLIPPER!
"Yer a FoX, yer supposed to bite...."
AIM: OrangeFuzzy1

Thanks for theinfo Fox, Ill just do that then. Could one of the moderators delete out all the previous bumps by other people, and I promise ill be a good little boy and bump this every day or 2.....
Hey i just got told I wasn't allowed to delete my own bumps.....
[This message has been edited by hiding^voices (edited 08 September 2000).]

thanks, hiding^voices, i'm going to edit this doc and add more stuff and release a new version, prolly a 3.0 and we'll take it from there. thanks