• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Blood pressure 199/101, and HR 117

It seems my 20 mg Vortioxetine was causing alot of my heart/BP. Since I switched to Mirtazapine, the attacks have been much weaker and shorter. Partly because of the medication in itself,, and partly because of the Bupropion greatly increasing the levels of Vortioxetine, through inhibited CYP2D6.

what problems were you encountering with Vortioxetine exactly: ectopic, tachycardia etc?
mirtazipine is great anti-d - i would still be on it but i hated the weight gain

what problems were you encountering with Vortioxetine exactly: ectopic, tachycardia etc?
mirtazipine is great anti-d - i would still be on it but i hated the weight gain
All the problems I've written about in this thread has significantly decreased since the swap. The panic and heart problems, due to too much amphetamine, are much less severe.

Yeah, the weight gain is a bitch, and I'm already 240 lbs. I'm on 30 mg and it's barely worth it; with 60 it would probably be, though, and I can't get there at once.

Yeah it was a challenging debate for him. I'm sure that's what was enjoyable to him. Especially when people get upset about it. He was trying to take it to the max level. It's understandable but not in a harm reduction forum with someone's life on the line. Yep, gone.

amen brother, this is a place for people to come for save advice, often when they're in extremely vulnerable situations or physically and/or mentally unwell and KSA just had no pity for them,
on the contrary they actuallly seemed to make him even angrier: its much better now he's gone.

Everyone is different, we'd need to know what your resting heart rate is sober to tell. When I was on meth there were points when my heart rate would shoot up to 200.

I have been getting more attacks lately, probably because I don't detox in-between uses and build up amph in blood. But IDK.

I know pain radiating to the arm is a sign of heart attack. I've been having something close to that and some other shit.
1) tingling in both hands, but not going through the arms
2) feeling of something pulling inside my fingers (thumb on left hand, mostly), but this could be muscle spasms because I have seen them when I'm mentally sober, but when in panic I can't tell what's what.
3) a cold feeling on the top of my hands, mostly left. As if Cold wind were blowing on them. Might be the wind, or just panic.
4) a warm stretch around my chest and neck.

Once when I felt some pain/tightness radiate up to my jaw, I immediately shot 10 mg Olanzapine and then fought my way to 7,5 Zopiclone and some anti-histamines.

This madness with shooting unfiltered pills have been way, way too much. Another time, for the first time I felt half of a Sharp clench around my the center of my chest. It was over within a second, but I also felt/imagined that something happened in my left arm ... so olanzapine IV and clonazepam IV.

I have some amph left, which I'll use tommorow. Then I may buy more on sunday, but only a gram, but after that: I'm done with this shit. At least for a good time. This is not a sustainable Life. It's very destructive and most of the time I don't even enjoy it.

It seems my 20 mg Vortioxetine was causing alot of my heart/BP. Since I switched to Mirtazapine, the attacks have been much weaker and shorter. Partly because of the medication in itself,, and partly because of the Bupropion greatly increasing the levels of Vortioxetine, through inhibited CYP2D6.

CYP2D6 is also involved in amphetamine metabolism, and this can explain why you are getting such exaggerated effects.
It's making the half life of speed much longer for you.
Also propranolol and benzodiazepines are processed by CYP2D6, and this might be also a factor.
Ritalin is also metabolized by that same enzyme, and it is also an inhibitor of CYP2D6 itself, so watch out for that interaction.

Finally, CYP2D6 is needed in one of the pathways used to make dopamine, although it is a minor one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2D6

I just can't stop doing this bs. It's the rush, because even if my injection leads to a rush, and then within 30 minutes all my upper body is in pain, and I have to lie down or sit still for hours and hours, and sometimes still be in pain the day after, even when the heart is beating fairly normal. I Always have Olanzapine in my pocket, to take in emergency - I know benzo is much better - and olanzapine in itself decreases the seizure treshold and increases risk of heart attack ... and so far I've done it perhaps 5 times, and it Always worked, albeit not directly.

I'm never Calling the ambulance again, however, as the cops followed the last time I called them, and then arrested me for drug abuse; I was only with them for perhaps 1 hour, and got a fine I can't pay anyway, but as Always the problem is that anyone who wants to can check this up ... which destroys my CV as in my country, they almost always check the (to be) employee up here. Next time I'd rather die.

I'm having it as a New Year's resolution. Last year I had 5, and managed only 1. The one I managed was abuse-related though, so perhaps this time I'll manage to quit another addiction. At the very best, I keep my promise. At the very least, I'll keep up for a month. Better than nothing.

I'm really sorry to hear you're still struggling man, truly :(

Do you get any therapy/counseling for your addiction problems and the reasons that lead to doing it?

I read in an earlier post by you that you feel worthless. Man, not only is no one worthless, but also you're a smart motherfucker. You got something to give the world. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're worth coming out of this addiction for. Don't commit a slow, painful suicide. I believe in you, keep your head up buddy. <3

I have come to a conclusion. And it might be catastrophically wrong, but it's empirical evidence of my research on myself. Today I failed and accidently shot 2 grams of good amph at once. I instantly realized: too much - this will not end good. My heart rushed like ... indescribably fast. It was literally impossible to count it. Definitely alot faster than 200. I'd say 300, if I didn't think that's impossible to survive. When I put my hand over my chest, over the heart, it was like a hammer beating from within; my hand shaked from the beats. This was 12 hours ago, and I just asked the nurse to check my heart rate: first it was 212, and then when I tested again, and breathed as little as possible, it went down to 118.

I dont know how or why I'm alive. I ought to be dead. Well ... I have been, two times, and both times a friend dialed 911 while massaging my heart. The first time I woke up, I asked
"Am I in heaven?" as I was positive I was dead.
"No" a voice answered.

Whatever, this is off topic.

And well, my conclusion is: my heart is indestructible, and however I die ... my heart will keep on till everything else is dead.

My brain, though. I have had a pressure there for 12 hours and there's a slow, burning feeling there. It literally feels like my brain cells are cooking. Is this possible to reverse? I have read that melatonin + buspirone protects the brain, even causing neurogenesis?

I'm really sorry to hear you're still struggling man, truly :(

Do you get any therapy/counseling for your addiction problems and the reasons that lead to doing it?
I got busted a few days ago, as someone stole my piss I had in the freezer. So they said "Well, ok. You can remain here this time, since it's been a few days since and everything's OK" and I wasn't even required to go to a detox or see a doctor.

I read in an earlier post by you that you feel worthless. Man, not only is no one worthless, but also you're a smart motherfucker. You got something to give the world. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're worth coming out of this addiction for. Don't commit a slow, painful suicide. I believe in you, keep your head up buddy.

I read in an earlier post by you that you feel worthless. Man, not only is no one worthless, but also you're a smart motherfucker. You got something to give the world. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're worth coming out of this addiction for. Don't commit a slow, painful suicide. I believe in you, keep your head up buddy.

Hello

I have used some amphetamine today, but actually less than I usually use. It seems my tolerance is getting LOWER when I frequently use this drug. Anyone got an idea what the eff is up?

To the point: at the moment, my blood pressure is 199/101 with a HR of 117. This was resting, sitting down. We ran it thrice and this was the mean result.

Is this dangerous?

You will live tough it. I had 252/135 once when I had a bad WD from benzos.

With BP you should get medicines for your high BP. And not touching Amphs for a while.

Peace.

Yeah, dude has no motivation to save himself. He will die of amphetamine overdose complications at this point. It is inevitable. Good luck man, I believe in you. If you stop, you can be saved.

How the fuck do you "accidentally" shoot 2 grams?
It was no fucking accident let me tell ya, you prepared that injection knowingly.
Maybe you think you forgot, and that it was a mistake, but it was not.
You had 2g in solution and instead of backloading smaller doses in other syringes you used that one.
That is what addiction makes you think.
It also makes you think that your organ that has been close to fatal failure the most is really fine and nothing can happen to it no matter what.

You seem smart plenty to understand this, given enough time, I'm just not really sure if you are gonna give yourself enough time.

As you are posting here you want to somehow reach for help, so on some level a part of you does give a damn about survival, hopefully that part will prevail over the other one.

I gotta agree there's no way to accidentally shoot that much dope. And what volume do you squeeze that into? I only know what sticking 1g/2mL up my asshole does to me, I can't imagine putting that in a vein.

Anyway, I understand the cravings, and the nihilistic attitude, but this route you only risk hurting yourself. Please, keep in mind, if you think there's some subconscious desire to die with these shots, odds are good you will not die, and instead you'll just have a stroke that leaves you handicapped and dependent on others. And then you'll feel even more miserable. I've repeated that like a prayer more than once. Last thing you want to do is wind up injured.

Besides, you're wasting so much dope, and I'm fighting my own cravings right now, you bastard. That would've lasted me till New Years with my newly reset tolerance (OK, no, I'd wind up awake till Christmas then be out).

But speaking of stuff that protects your brain: tweakers, make sure you take Vitamin D supplements. That's not snake oil, it's been shown to protect brain cells from the specific kinds of damage meth causes. The only OTC thing shown to help.

ETA: not suggesting folks who rely on others or have disabilities have miserable lives; but I do think us able-bodied take it for granted sometimes.

Last edited:
I know I'm going off topic now, and have done so several time before, but I shouldn't taint the forum every time I have a new question about my amph-abuse. I'll try here, and if I should rather start a new thread, I will. I'm sorrt for wall of text, but this is a a harm reduction site and I can't ask my real therapeuts about this. I feel it's more reasonable to ask here, rather than starting a new thread for every Q. For TLDR read the bolded questions.

How the fuck do you "accidentally" shoot 2 grams?
It was no fucking accident let me tell ya, you prepared that injection knowingly.
Maybe you think you forgot, and that it was a mistake, but it was not.
You had 2g in solution and instead of backloading smaller doses in other syringes you used that one.
That is what addiction makes you think.
It also makes you think that your organ that has been close to fatal failure the most is really fine and nothing can happen to it no matter what.

You seem smart plenty to understand this, given enough time, I'm just not really sure if you are gonna give yourself enough time.

As you are posting here you want to somehow reach for help, so on some level a part of you does give a damn about survival, hopefully that part will prevail over the other one.

I gotta agree there's no way to accidentally shoot that much dope. And what volume do you squeeze that into? I only know what sticking 1g/2mL up my asshole does to me, I can't imagine putting that in a vein.

Anyway, I understand the cravings, and the nihilistic attitude, but this route you only risk hurting yourself. Please, keep in mind, if you think there's some subconscious desire to die with these shots, odds are good you will not die, and instead you'll just have a stroke that leaves you handicapped and dependent on others. And then you'll feel even more miserable. I've repeated that like a prayer more than once. Last thing you want to do is wind up injured.

Besides, you're wasting so much dope, and I'm fighting my own cravings right now, you bastard. That would've lasted me till New Years with my newly reset tolerance (OK, no, I'd wind up awake till Christmas then be out).

But speaking of stuff that protects your brain: tweakers, make sure you take Vitamin D supplements. That's not snake oil, it's been shown to protect brain cells from the specific kinds of damage meth causes. The only OTC thing shown to help.
ETA: not suggesting folks who rely on others or have disabilities have miserable lives; but I do think us able-bodied take it for granted sometimes.
Perpaps you are right, that I subconsiously took two grams, but I had only paid for one gram, got the five gram bag, and then poured "one gram" into a small cup, and shot it up. I instantly felt it was too much, but I didn't found out it was more than one until I gave it back and he went mad at me. But w/e.

Thanks for you the Vitamin D-tip. I have been eating about 6000 IU per day lately. I'm very well-versed when it comes to diet, and I know the recommended levels are far too low, and since I've barely had any at all for three months and won't have more until april, so it's only healthy. I've also been eating alot of omega 3 (n-3). A bit too much for permanent use, but since I haven't eaten enough for a long time, it will only do me good. I've been getting about 3 grams of EPA and 2 grams of DHA almost every day. It's what I did when I trained (competed in WL and did some "BB" (hypertrophy training) for the lulz). I hope this will help my heart in the long run. Obviously it won't protect me against amphetamine OD, but it decreases the risk for stroke and generally improves cardiovascular health. (Yes, I'm aware that my doses increases the risk of cerebral haemorrhage in the long run).

And if I ever get so badly injured as you suggest, at worst being a vegetable, I will regret myself a million times over, and life will be a living hell since I won't be able to kill myself. But ... idk, the amount of fear multiplied by risk is still far from high enough. I'll never IV fentanyl again, but other than that ... if drug scare propaganda was an effective tool ... addiction wouldn't be a problem in the Western world.

Ouch, I was just going to ask if OD of stimulants increases tolerance permanently, because the day before yesterday I hadn't used anything at all for a week and I shot one gram and didn't get enough of a rush (since last time I'm more careful and never put more than 0,5 in the syringe per shot, and it's usu, and when I googled omerga 3 and amphetamine I found a pubmed abstract stating that defiency of n-3 decreases amphetamine tolerance. It was also a new "sort", perhaps with a lower % of amphetamine.

My question 1 remains: do you get a long-term, sort of permanent tolerance to amphetamine/stimulants from repeated abuse/ODs?

Or is it more likely that it's lower purity or perhaps my non-deficiency of n-3? A week shouldn't be enough to drastically change the levels of n-3 in the brain, but perhaps if I had a severe deficiency ...

One of my New Year's resolutions, is to use once more in January (not one shot, but one buy, and no more than 2,5 grams), and then don't touch any uppers until I have either gotten a "no" to another
neuropsychiatric evaluation/investigation (which is it? looking for AD/ADHD) or until I've finished it and then gets the stimulants legally. Why once more? Because I told myself last time that I would allow myself one more time before the New Year, but I have been around family, and still am*, and I didn't want to, and still don't want to, risk destroying their Christmas, Birthdays (3) or New Year by lying on my back feeling my heart ache.

I can't promise to not touch anything for the whole year, because I'm quite sure I'll go crazy by the idea of not touching amph for a year, and I will probably break it earlier than I will this way- If I get a "no" from the Doctors' team ... I don't know what I'l do, but I hope (now) that I won't get it for at least a month, after using. I'm thinking of using on my birthday, in Januar, or just get it over with as fast as I can because I'll probably be with my family on b-day. I would do it today, but today is the last time for a very long time I can eat just what I want, and I'll definitely miss food more than amph next year.

Question 2: as history tells me my addiction is deep and serious, is this a feasable promise? Obviously the best would be to never use again, but that won't happen even if I would swear on my grandmothers grave (it's a tragedy, but true). I obviously don't want to quit. I don't think I've ever felt happiness since I went into puberty, without drugs (the one exception could be a few times with my first real GF and the only non-related woman I'l ever love).

There's one thread about buspirone/melatonin, but since I want to heal whatever my amph abuse has destroyed, I ask here. I don't know exactly how amph is neurotoxic. I have vague memory about excessive DA going into serotonin receptors and burning/corroding it to pieces. I have felt my head cooking (probably blood pressure), and wonder if it's mainly future happiness I've been boiling (i e making my depression harder), or if I*m destroying brain cells, leading to a lower IQ? I know I probably seem ... basically retarded, here, but English is not my native language, and I got 9/9 when the army tested my IQ, and then when the psychiatry did it, I was smoking spice heavily constantly (only hours before testing) and still got a good bit above 100, and have always (school) been told I'm smart etc etc. Since then, I've been practically dead two times, and I don't know how good they were at H/L rescue ... but I'm sure I've lost a significant amount of IQ-points. I forget words, for example, or misplace letters while speaking, which never happened before, and I think I'm slower at math. At 18, while drunk, I did 5^5 like flowing water - now I stutter when calculating it, and don't even dare use a stop watch and see how long it takes me.

Question 3: does too much amphetamie (It's not meth - lab tested) burn away brain cells, lowering IQ (yeah, I get that it takes alot of use and time to accomplish a significant loss, and that there's no way to calculate a formula for it, but:), as in losing cognitive abilities ...or does it "only" cause permanent depression?

Here they say it's protecting like the anti-oxidant melatonin is:
https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi6gqCkx7TYAhUmKpoKHXFODG8QFgg8MAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.longecity.org%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F74252-buspar-melatonin-neurogenesis%2F&usg=AOvVaw0PUXQMZFd89Snsh7DVFWFN

Question 4: to me, neuroGENESIS, doesn't sound like protecting, but rather like actually creating/generating something? Could this heal whatever I've destroyed by abusing amph, or just protect from further destruction? I get both every day, but at different times (but that's easily solved) - I'm thinking of increasing BA, and multiply the effect, by IM:ing or IV:ing, after careful micron filtering. It's not abusing, as I obviously won't get a high from it. I just want to potentiate the alleged positive effects. I feel this goes within HR.

*well, read it all over and not anymore, but w/e

EDIT: as I stated above, the whole post is off topic, if topic is my BP/HR, but it's a HR-site and (yeah, broken record) I can't talk to any irl-person about this. My mother saw my needles the 27:th, so IDK what she might be thinking, but she would literally not be able to even go to work if I told her the magnitude of my problem. If I told the people working here everything, I'd be out on the street. And even If I admit one "relapse", they won't understand how serious and troubling my addiction is. Just before Christmas, my "contact person" told me I have had so few relapses that we will focus on my school from now on, because there's no need to talk about "a few mistakes".

Last edited:
The only question i care to answer here is if this is a reasonable decision to only use once more. No. It is completely not. Do you even read what you write dude? "Oh yeah man one more time I swear". yeah fucking right. Stop now or die in the next 5 years of OD compilations. Not only is further brain damage imminent but alot has already occurred both visibly by your text and thought processes, and also by the scientifically proven facts of the neurotoxicity of amph over-abuse in relation to how much you've used up to this point. This thread sort of hurts to read at this point so I'm going to unsub. All the best luck. Quit now while you're sort of ahead.

Btw don't shoot pills. No it is still not safe just because you micron filter it. Shooting pills is dangerous. Don't do it.

Sorry, I'd started to reply a week ago, but New Years . . .

1) If anything, you're going to get reduced tolerance for stimulants after repeated ODs. What I mean by that is not that you'll get high on smaller and smaller doses, but you'll be more and more likely to have panic attacks or psychotic episodes. Especially if the ODs involved either one. The threshold for those conditions seems to go down with every event.

Meanwhile I've never heard a meth user say the rushing gets better with time--usually it's straight to blaming contamination, cutting agents or some conspiracy theory.

2) Hopefully you've made progress, but if you ask folks in meetings or rehabs, they'll tell you any use of anything at all isn't feasible. I tend to agree, at least in the short term. And by short term, I mean like at least a year of sobriety. But then, those folks are in meetings and rehabs because nothing at all worked for them. Only you know what you can get away with.

3) Amphetamine is supposed to be safer than meth, for brain cells, but there's a big industry relying on keeping it fed to children. I don't think there's a single study out there that shows permanent cognitive damage to users that aren't already on some extreme end of a scale. What has been shown is that simple over-heating does plenty of damage to organs and potentially your brain. A chronic light user in a hot climate who doesn't drink enough water might do more harm than one night of very heavy use, from a hyperthermic view.

Behavior and mood changes are more uncertain; some evidence says there are noticeable deficits in motivation with chronic heavy meth use, and that long-term serious depression is a risk. None of those studies show a clear connection. But it's an area where a regular user should be concerned.

4) The brain can heal. Sometimes that includes neurogenesis, usually just "re-wiring". For the rest you're losing me.

As for melatonin, it has a weird quirk about being very good for protecting against radiation-induced oxidative damage, but I wouldn't read too much into that for preventing meth-related damage to your brain.