• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Blood pressure 199/101, and HR 117

Amphetamines will constrict your blood vessels increasing your heart rate and blood pressure. Make sure you are eating, and also keep a regular routine and sleep schedule. It is easy to completely lose track of time the longer you are on them, and to stop taking care of your basic needs. That is your body telling you to drink water and eat. You are not at a dangerous level based on the data you provided; however, that can always change very quickly. You will want to discontinue taking the drug and consult a professional if it starts happening regularly.

I've found out that the problems with BP are much, much worse when I take my pregabalin. I recently did 1,2 grams in one day, and I saved my pregabalin for later, and while I got a higher heart rate, it was stable with very little palpitations, and it didn't go from strong to weak back and forth, and first and foremost, my BP remained fine.

Yesterday I had taken 1200 pregabalin, and then by chance got 1 g amph. I used it and got palpitations as soon as both drugs were working their full effect. No panic attack (possibly thanks to pregabalin + zopiclone) My BP went to 163/93.

Perhaps I've found a safer way of using amphetamine - just skip the pregabalin and the BP won't skyrocket. More tests have to be done to be sure, though.

But I've lost the contacts selling OK amph, so most likely I won't be using at all.

Perhaps I've found a safer way of using amphetamine

But I've lost the contacts selling OK amph, so most likely I won't be using at all.

There is no safe way for you to do amps at the doses you take mate. And mixing with other drugs that can affect heart conduction also isn't wise.

I suspect we're all hoping for your sake (even if you aren't) that you've permanently lost all your contacts.

Imo you'll end up having a heart attack if you continue abusing the shit out of amphetamin. While amphetamine seems to have quite a high therapeutic index you might get some more pure stuff one day, take the normal dosage, overdose and die.
I don't want to offend you, but you might want to see a psychologist, as you're playing with your live.

24 hours ago I had shotten perhaps 0,3 earlier, so now I wanted to do the rest, ,7 grams of amph. I didn't get that rush when I plunged it slowly so I thought I was fine.

But now, 24 hours later, I still have 117 in sitting resting puls.It went down to about 100, but then very weak, so I tried to comfort myself by using 300 mg Pregabalin - that made my body go chaos

I'm wondering guys, are there other small muscles between the left sternum, the left ribcage and the heart, or is it only the heart there?

Because when I press towards by left upper ribcage and left sternum
it feels (when this happens only) like there are small but very fast contractions in there, and then I feel the heart beat and I see my stomach mvoe and feel the puls in my neck... But those other, fast, contractions ... is it the heart having spasms? Or could it be other smaller muscles between sternum/ribcage and heart=

CoI'm gonna do amph one more time now, tomorrow, if I can get my hands on any, and then i wait until my ADD is done and I get methylphenidate and can study legally.

Last edited:
I think you're​ okay, but it's really impossible for us to diagnose you over the internet. If you think you might be having problems with your heart, you need to get it checked out by a medical professional.

Hello batman, glad to see you're still alive! ;)

As SM says above, we can't tell whether you're having arrhythmia over the internet. It is listed as a potential side-effect of pregabalin though, probably because of the way it works on calcium channels.

Your heart is clearly very sensitive, as you're well aware by now. So don't take that shot of amp tomorrow, don't risk it.

Wow. Tachycardia combined with palpitations i like the perfect description of my symptoms.

Hello batman, glad to see you're still alive! ;)

As SM says above, we can't tell whether you're having arrhythmia over the internet. It is listed as a potential side-effect of pregabalin though, probably because of the way it works on calcium channels.

Your heart is clearly very sensitive, as you're well aware by now. So don't take that shot of amp tomorrow, don't risk it.
Hey! Thx. I honestly think he wont' answer tomorrow.

But it will be 40 f'ing hours since last shot of amph and I'm eating now although it's tough, and I will sleep at least 10 hours before shooting again. If I go careful it should be ok, right?

This became a shitload of text and some walls of text, so please, feel free to comment anything in this post, as long as it's not only critizism telling me I'm worthless (I think I'm worthless 24/7 and that's enough). I can't stop you from doing that but please. I will be very glad if someone comments, gives advice, ask something et cetera)

Wow. I'm actually sure I was very close to an heart attack or -infarct some hour ago. Closest yet. I thought I had learned this. Obviously not, but when I checked my DNA I had some genes that increased the chance that the "wielder" (?) of those genes learn from their mistakes. I hope that applies to m, and this was the first time I failed since I start taking you guys on BL seriously. It shall also be the last. I'll tell you how it went just because I need to tell someone and would be glad if someone cbarsed to answer.

Yesterday, Friday, I took perhaps... 0,5 gram amph IV, and this didn't lead to any pulse or BP fails during the intoxication phase but during the comedown my pulse started going fast or perhaps very fast.

Today: didn't sleep at anything, but I at least ate quite alot (only lost like 1 pound from fri-sat)but didn't drinke enough because I don't want to go p**s every 15 minutes.. The comedown was still there during the morning, 18 h after the shot, so I thought that I just need to fill up with some good amph to clear it out.. I bought what looked like one gram. I thought to myself that the amph a huge dissapointment, since my brain has been under constant stress since more than 24 h now, is probably depleeted and I need at least a good night's sleep with food in belly to get a good rush intoxication phase (is it called that? in my language we have a word for the phase under the influence of the substance but doesn't translate to any english words) ...
So then I took 1 gram in the pump, of strong amphetamine (not meth) and started shoving and after 1/3 I barely felt anything, and I had decided to not take more than half no matter what, but when I reached half of the gram, it still only gave me a very small rush, so I used something like at minimum 0,60 g, but I would guess 2/3.

The rush still wasn't good. But ... my heart didn't slow down. I'm use to opiates and if you're in comedown/abstinence - you take more and it's back to normal) but over the next my pulse kept increasing, until it was impossible to count the beats. Perhaps around 260.

THEN I got the brilliant idea to use my propranolol, as my doc told me to use it when I felt anxiety or fast beating. I realized the intranasal bioavailability (this isn't abuse imo (the propra-) as I just tried to harm reduct) was the highest except shooting, but I had no time to shoot (since I have stopped shooting unfiltered) with a HR of 260, strong pain in chest, back, jaws, et. So i put snorted 5 pills of propranolol (google propranolol + stimulant OD). And after this everything went even worse. my pulse went bat-shit crazy and I was like ... OK, this is it. It's not a very nice way to go though: panic attack, pulse like said, a BP of almost 200 sitting up. Pain everywhere, with an INSANE vaso-constriction (u kno what i m.), due to not drinkingnearly enugh while amph binging at 1,2 good grams over 30 hours, being on 450 mg Buproprion, snorting those propranolol ... lying next to naked in 50 degrees Fahrenheit, because I felt warm but mostly because I didnt want to lose more fluid ... little did I know since a cold environment increases vaso-constriction (im not stating a fact - just telling what I've read in sources I find will do atm)

So my heart went batshit x 2 after this, and the pain in the upper body increased and it just got worse and worse no matter how I positioned myself. A lil' fun was that my pulse and chest pain was worse lieing down, and best standing for a short time, breathing out, hold breath repeat and then sit so I didn't feel my pulse. It must have been SOME form of psychosomatic as well, as it always felt even worse when I felt my puls (a part in why I couldn't lie down and rest - hearing HR over 260 didnt help.

I DID NOT WANT TO TAKE OLANZAPINE, since I have planned
d to start studying math with amph tomorrow, sunday. QUESTION 1: Will this be possible if I sleep and drink enough? I'll get at least 12 hours, if not the benzo f's it up - normal days I get more than 15) and before that drink a shitton of water tonight, and eat what fruit and vegetables I can, and nutritions food and then sleep. QUESTION 1 continue: Could I then take my last up to 0,5 gram AMPH tomorrow, if my pulse is normal? You're not helping me abuse but rather harm reduction. I want a good rush, and thenj after 15 minutes I want a strong effect for hours so I can get a good start on my way to being a psychiatrist?sorry not HR? :ignore. I'm thinking my tolerance is way too high. I should go have munchies on magnesium MG+s upplement

WOW whar a wall of text.

Well to the end of the insane state before the whole käbbel about olanzapine: it went worse and worse, and I thought the end was come. I felt some kind of tingling pickle over my arms down in my left arm and even at some other places (I wouldn't call it ( and a strong squeeze in the back/neck and all the others I've talked about in this thread, I think. I didn't get that radiant, like electricity, of pain that goes down some peoples left arm (a buddy has had that 2 times and never bothered to check it up). However some of the pain feels just like when I have sober anxiety attack. not all, but some. One feeling was new: a change of the pressure to more like a extremely icy pressure. When that went worse I called for a few guys and didn something that's not about HR, but anyway: I got 7,5 mg zopiclone, 2 ml alimemazine and 4 mg clonazepam and when I was starting to filter I felt like fist around my heart, so I just mixed it all up and used it. i know It's very dangerous, but it also possibly saved my life today-

and after that shot I wrote this wall of just needing to tell someone who have knowledge and then just hope that someone can help me

something come in between and it's hours since the last sentence, and the HR is irregular once again, but not dangerously so as this is standard for me.

I'm going to try to eat and hope someone has the grit to answer some sentence of my post at least.

I'll be completely honest. Your last post doesn't seem totally coherent and was a little difficult to follow. You really, really need to take it easy with the drug use, and DO NOT take the propanolol with amphetamines.

What is the timeline for all of thus? What drugs have you taken and are you okay now? It sounds like you nearly killed yourself with the amp/beta blocker combo. I would think about asking for an extension on your schoolwork and try to give your body a break...

I'll be completely honest. Your last post doesn't seem totally coherent and was a little difficult to follow. You really, really need to take it easy with the drug use, and DO NOT take the propanolol with amphetamines.

What is the timeline for all of thus? What drugs have you taken and are you okay now? It sounds like you nearly killed yourself with the amp/beta blocker combo. I would think about asking for an extension on your schoolwork and try to give your body a break...
I wrote that after missing a night's sleep, 1 gram amphetamine and direct after 4 mg clonazepam and 7,5 mg zopiclone

Friday: perhaps 0,5 mg amph in two doses and no sleep the night after friday
Saturday: stil very light/fast pulse hours after lunch when it's 24 h since last shot and I think that more amph will solve it so I shoot like 0,7 grams of potent street amph, gets panic attack and heart and BP problems, insufflates propranolol to beat it, but only manages to almost kill myself, and likely managed to survive because of staff breaking a rule and giving me night med (zopiclone but also alimemazine) beore the night.

I had Olanzapine the whole time but I didn't want to stop amphetamine rush tomorrow or monday. Yea i know it can stiffen the body and lower seizure hold but it usually helps with amph OD.. I just didnt take it because I felt that I could die rather than risking a future high.

Now my pulse is going grazy again, but it won't have severe affects, I'm fairly sure - I have to keep the pulse level maintained and controlled (even then it's stilll irregular palpitations, erratic, beating really hard and fast then not at all for a few secs, then very light and hard when I sit in certain position and then changes when I rice, sometimes only "flexing" and not doing real beats etc) can't move freely, and I have some pain now and then but nowhere near even a tenth of what happened earlier today.

Hey batman, we can't help you figure out how to get high while trying to dodge death with various downers, you know that :( All we can do is give some harm reduction info.

Please take a low daily dose (30-50mg) of aspirin, as you seem to be having terrible trouble with the irregular beat/afib/tachycardia while on stims, and this may reduce the risk of a fatal clot. Don't use a higher dose while you're using stims, as that can also upset the heart and we know how yours is.

Also don't snort propranolol, and preferably don't use it at all, as you probably used too much too quickly and it can stimulate alpha-adrenergic activity like that, which probably accounts for your negative experience. Unfortunately with all you're taking none of us - nor a doctor or cardiologist - is going to be able to know exactly what's doing what.

If you insist on using propranolol, do so orally and only use a low dose to take the edge off, titrated upward slowly. It really doesn't seem like you should use it though, as you didn't react well.

Preferably you'd use an alpha blocker like clonidine, doxazosin or tamsulosin to calm the heart, but I know you won't as it may kill your high.

Antiarrhythmic agents aside from beta-blockers would also be an option (eg flecainide, verapamil) but most come with unpredictable risks in combination with what you're doing and the variety of uppers and downers, and most have a narrow therapeutic index.

I also worry that the way you might use them (eg insufflating) could add some additional risks. Verapamil would probably be the safest of the bunch though.

Hey batman, we can't help you figure out how to get high while trying to dodge death with various downers, you know that :( All we can do is give some harm reduction info.

Please take a low daily dose (30-50mg) of aspirin, as you seem to be having terrible trouble with the irregular beat/afib/tachycardia while on stims, and this may reduce the risk of a fatal clot. Don't use a higher dose while you're using stims, as that can also upset the heart and we know how yours is.

Also don't snort propranolol, and preferably don't use it at all, as you probably used too much too quickly and it can stimulate alpha-adrenergic activity like that, which probably accounts for your negative experience. Unfortunately with all you're taking none of us - nor a doctor or cardiologist - is going to be able to know exactly what's doing what.

If you insist on using propranolol, do so orally and only use a low dose to take the edge off, titrated upward slowly. It really doesn't seem like you should use it though, as you didn't react well.

Preferably you'd use an alpha blocker like clonidine, doxazosin or tamsulosin to calm the heart, but I know you won't as it may kill your high.

Antiarrhythmic agents aside from beta-blockers would also be an option (eg flecainide, verapamil) but most come with unpredictable risks in combination with what you're doing and the variety of uppers and downers, and most have a narrow therapeutic index.

I also worry that the way you might use them (eg insufflating) could add some additional risks. Verapamil would probably be the safest of the bunch though.
Tyvm man for all those tips. The only one able to me is aspirin, but here it only comes with perhaps 50 mg caffeine per pill. Will the caffeine be a problem or is it so small a dose and not potent enough to stir more sh*t up?

Yeah, I know this site is about HR, but I also see alot of threads about potentiating highs that don't get locked.

EDIT: by the way, the smallest pill of Aspirin here is 500 mg with 50 mg caffeine

Last edited:
Strange, I've notices good speed never gives me high pulse or blood pressure, only got them when got speed with some shitty rc-stimulant in it. I can drink lots of coffee and use nicotine without problems. Dosing every 2 hours, no problems.

Propanolol should lower blood pressure and pulse, so it's good to have them when using stimulants. Note that it will also dulls the effect of amphetamines, also diazepam will lower pule and blood presssure , but also dulls the euphoric effects of amphetamines.

Tyvm man for all those tips. The only one able to me is aspirin, but here it only comes with perhaps 50 mg caffeine per pill. Will the caffeine be a problem or is it so small a dose and not potent enough to stir more sh*t up?

Yeah, I know this site is about HR, but I also see alot of threads about potentiating highs that don't get locked.

EDIT: by the way, the smallest pill of Aspirin here is 500 mg with 50 mg caffeine

Are you sure you don't have just regular aspirin over there, rather than the cold+flu type?

If you broke it up into smaller pieces, you could lower the dose and the caffeine won't be a problem. Caffeine does potentiate amps but too much might be the straw that broke the camel's back (the thing that finally kills you). So please don't take too much of it.

Strange, I've notices good speed never gives me high pulse or blood pressure, only got them when got speed with some shitty rc-stimulant in it. I can drink lots of coffee and use nicotine without problems. Dosing every 2 hours, no problems.

Propanolol should lower blood pressure and pulse, so it's good to have them when using stimulants. Note that it will also dulls the effect of amphetamines, also diazepam will lower pule and blood presssure , but also dulls the euphoric effects of amphetamines.

Batmannen is pretty sensitive. He also takes quite a cocktail of drugs at times, some of which can make things worse.

As for lowering BP and HR, that's most definitely a good thing on stimulants. However propranolol tends to lower HR moreso, and the body can compensate for that by raising BP (in theory - in practice it seems to lower both). But anyway that's possibly where you may have got the idea it can be harmful.

Unfortunately most drugs that alleviate adrenergic side-effects from stim abuse tend to dull the high/euphoria, though verapamil has been postulated to both increase and decrease the effect of many stimulants, so may be regarded as a potential option for those unable to quit dangerous stim abuse but still seeking to attenuate the harms.

[EDIT: sorry, just realised I misread your post so ignore me! I thought you said it's not good to lower BP/HR - I clearly need new glasses ;) ]

Last edited:
But when I researched this a few days ago, alot of results said that propranolol can have adverse affect on stimulant OD and be quite dangerous. It's called "unopposed alpha-stimulation": https://lifeinthefastlane.com/beta-blockers-cocaine-stimulant-toxicity-time-retire-old-dogma-not-care/ and like I wrote above ... propranolol brought me closer to death than ever before, I think.

On the other hand, several pubmed abstracts say that propranolol reduces the risk of death in ODing rats.

But when I researched this a few days ago, alot of results said that propranolol can have adverse affect on stimulant OD and be quite dangerous. It's called "unopposed alpha-stimulation": https://lifeinthefastlane.com/beta-blockers-cocaine-stimulant-toxicity-time-retire-old-dogma-not-care/ and like I wrote above ... propranolol brought me closer to death than ever before, I think.

On the other hand, several pubmed abstracts say that propranolol reduces the risk of death in ODing rats.

Hmm really. In here they use propranolol for amphetamine overdoses. I think the danger is with cocaine but not with amphetamines.

Yes, recent research shows cocaine patients do well on beta-blockers.

You tend to take several drugs which affect the heart in different ways though, and the combination may create unanticipated outcomes. And your main issue (as you've said yourself several times) is that you go into atrial fibrillation. That's not the same as simply tachycardia or high blood pressure.

Different drugs are usually used to perform a cardioversion (restoration of normal rhythm), and propranolol affects pulse conduction in a different way to those other drugs. Taking it the way you did (insufflating) quite possibly made it worse too.

Put aside the fear of death for a second and pretend you could keep this up forever - is this a fun way to live? Sure doesn’t sound like it.

I’ve been deep in amphetamine addiction before and I don’t mean to sound hopeless but I really don’t think you sound like you’re going to change a damn thing until you’re forced to.

The reason the EMTs and doctors write you off is because maybe you’re in danger, maybe not, but regardless they can tell you’re not gonna stop when they’re finished patching you up and you’ll be right back.

I think there’s a ton of great information in this thread. I don’t want to see it closed. Ironically though I think it’s probably helping random Googlers etc more than the OP.