• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Black pepper for weed anxiety?

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Certain strains/ doses give me anxiety, nausea, the works - especially after smoking a lot during the day of medical marijuana. Neil Young said black pepper cures weed anxiety. Anyone try it?

Sugar is known to help with anxiety from weed. Never heard of black peppers for anything but if you dont know already, sugar helps a lot

I thought weed is for anxiety??? I dont smoke pot but when im having trippy derealization psychadelyic dreamy like induced anxiety I rap if im too impaired I sing paramore if I cant sing I walk then walk and tap to music then slowly work up. Or if u play an . Instrument do that. I find once I get my motor processing back in tune my anxiety goes away

Certain strains/ doses give me anxiety, nausea, the works - especially after smoking a lot during the day of medical marijuana. Neil Young said black pepper cures weed anxiety. Anyone try it?
I use hot coco with 4 teaspoons of sugar or more and a mix of milk with half-&-half, if you can I'd add some cinnamon too for taste. Creamy, chocolate goodness, after or during a blunt/joint calms me down- but I'm not knocked out like I prefer to be.

I'm not sure, but I would suggest l-theanine or valerian (which actually works on GABA-A receptors, like benzos), both have worked for me for not just weed paranoia/anxiety but even moderately bad stim comedown anxiety. I guess eating straight black pepper would at least take your mind off the anxiety though :p I would think that any anxiolytic/euphoric effects would be for the same reasons you feel good when you eat fat, salt, sugar, capsaicin, etc. In other words, pleasurable/relieving because you enjoy it, not because it actually has a any significant pharmacological effect, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid way to deal with the anxiety.

Either way, can't really hurt to try black pepper so go for it and report back if it works. I'm sure Neil Young is quite experienced with weed :)

I've never heard of the black pepper thing. What you might want to do is stay away from strains that you know have made you paranoid in the past. Or try smoking less. I'm going to move this to Cannabis Discussion.

I have had success with l-theanine from whole foods, excercise, playing the drums, sex and kratom. You need to do something or take a mildly relaxing supplement if you experience anxiety from cannabis.

Also it gets said time and time again but one should really aim for a hybrid or indica for daily use, sativas every day get INTENSE as the cannabinoid levels are much more suited to recreational use or for someone with lots of apathy/lethargy.

The black pepper thing about reducing anxiety is supposedly due to the presence of beta-carophyllene. And beta-carophyllene supposedly interacts with the endocannabinoid system.

Take that with a very big grain of salt. Never worked for me.

Only thing I've ever done is to curl up and wait for things to pass.

Tom

I've heard the black pepper thing myself as well, but never tried it. If you do, be aware that it's going to take a decent amount of black pepper. Way more than you'd ever eat on a meal. Think a few size 00 gel capsules worth. So make sure to shoot a whole bunch with water, parachute, or cap it.

Paper is good for codeine, not weed. Mary Jane is bitch and brings bad thoughts. Fight with it or take benzo.

Paper is good for codeine, not weed. Mary Jane is bitch and brings bad thoughts. Fight with it or take benzo.
Yeah sadly due to my psychosis, cannabis causes extreme aniexty, paranoia, etc... I can't smoke the shit anymore man, so I picked up opiates and yes, I use benzo's and any depressants/pain killers I can find other than the evil alcohol that ruined my mothers life and almost ruined my fathers as well. Now it's been almost 10 years now since I've been using opaites and benzo's so I've been getting less depressed/paranoid since I stopped smoking cannabis, & my aniexty has gone down greatly. I still will have a smoke now and then but it HAS to be 100% a CBD only strain- as in 16-20% CBD and only 4-12% THC. Others wise I just can't enjoy it and it causes me mental problems which makes me have to take more of my medication which is Alprozalam and my Temazepam if it keeps me up and prevents sleep like it has in the past when I couldn't get CBD only/majority cannabis like I can now.

Not entirely sure if it's just a stoner myth, but yes, apparently chewing on pepper corn reduces anxiety when high

Roll with the anxiety. You're just more aware of yourself, why don't you use it instead of trying to blunt it?

kava and valerian don't just "blunt" anxiety, they actually help you to relax while remaining aware. If you're capable of rolling with it, sure go for it. But if you're having trouble, adding an herb like kava or valerian can help point you in the direction of relaxation, which you can then learn to do even without them.

Valerian is really helping me keep calm through additional anxiety from oxycodone withdrawal. I take it at night to help sleep. Tastes horrid, at least the tincture. Never tried kava before, I'm looking for more natural ways of treating my (non-weed induced) anxiety so I might have to give it a try. I can take a million shit kickings in opioid withdrawal but the moment that hardcore panic sets in... it is really tough to do anything whatsoever than try to talk myself down from feeling like I am having a heart attack. Anxiety is way worse than depression in my experience, and mine feels like a physical ailment, not really connected to anything I am thinking about consciously.

How people sometimes feel when they get too high and feel like they are dying and panic physically, is how I feel all the time in sober life.

I think pepper is good, but personally I prefer a nice packet of ketchup.

Seriously though, things that act on GABA like valerian (or moreso, benzos) will work. I love kava with weed myself, certainly feel no edge there.

Does valerian interact with benzos, does anyone know? Is that safe?

It works so damn well. Guys I am in hardcore oxy wd's, tapering, I dose light every 12 hours. The valerian root made me pass out at 11:30 when I dose my meds at midnight... that is crazy to me. How is this shit knocking me out when I have the tranquilizer tolerance of a fuckin horse and I'm already in wd's?? (not bragging obviously, it's bad, just bad). Seriously though... I woke up an hour later having a hardcore panic attack from missing my meds. How did I not know of this shit, it's really hard for me to get sleep right now so you know it's good shit. You stoners who get anxiety would love it I bet.

Does valerian interact with benzos? /QUOTE]

I would assume it does, but somewhat weakly, probably. I mean it doesn't have that powerful an effect on it's own I reckon. I'm surprised you discuss valerian as having that much of an effect on you, that doesn't seem typical. I still wouldn't think it's dangerous though.

I'm no doctor of course, but I wouldn't worry about it. Now, is the GABA activity of valerian enough to mess up a benzo taper? There's a much more interesting question to me. One I wouldn't hazard a guess at, honestly.

As to your other point (about anxious stoners) it is good for that in my experience. Problem is though, it also seems to blunt some of the more pleasant effects, at least in my experience. So I try to avoid it if I can. This goes double of course for benzos which will really blunt those effects.

You should try psychedelics like shrooms. They make me so chill. Also ecstasy is amazing for wanting to feel free and happy.