Mental Health Bipolar meds general questions

I was diagnosed as bipolar a few years ago and I never really agreed with that diagnosis, however my idea of bipolar is someone that is hypomanic or manic, and I don't ever experience either. I understand there are multiple types of bipolar, though. I think my doctor thought how I described repetitive intrusive thoughts and maybe the musical hallucinations as bipolar. not sure.

My sister, father and aunt I know have all been diagnosed as well, so I assume it runs in the family.

Anyways I have 3 meds I wanted to know if any of you had experience with

- Lithium
- Lamictal (Lamotrigine)
- oxcarbazepine (Trileptal)

Just wondering if any of you have experience with these drugs, my doctor prescribed them and I never really took them because I felt like I wasn't bipolar (but now, off the drugs, I'm not so sure...)

I know the last 2 should be under doctor supervisions probably, but I know I took the lamictal for a few weeks and did not have that weird side effect

anyways.... just curious if anyone had advice for me on those 3 drugs. I have a few bottles of all of them I never took. I don't plan on tripping anytime soon or anything so that's not an issue.
I was diagnosed as bipolar a few years ago and I never really agreed with that diagnosis, however my idea of bipolar is someone that is hypomanic or manic, and I don't ever experience either. I understand there are multiple types of bipolar, though. I think my doctor thought how I described repetitive intrusive thoughts and maybe the musical hallucinations as bipolar. not sure.

My sister, father and aunt I know have all been diagnosed as well, so I assume it runs in the family.

- Lithium
- Lamictal (Lamotrigine)

Just wondering if any of you have experience with these drugs, my doctor prescribed them and I never really took them because I felt like I wasn't bipolar (but now, off the drugs, I'm not so sure...)

I know the last 2 should be under doctor supervisions probably, but I know I took the lamictal for a few weeks and did not have that weird side effect

anyways.... just curious if anyone had advice for me on those 3 drugs. I have a few bottles of all of them I never took. I don't plan on tripping anytime soon or anything so that's not an issue.

- Lithium
- Lamictal (Lamotrigine)

Are you schizoaffective?

psychedelics aren't a good mix for me. I might stop lithium. Should I?
why stop if it's working well? Im weaning off 3 different anti depressants right now, but the reason is they don't help me at all, and they block the effects of psychedelics, which help A LOT (for me)
If your not getting severe side effects, and your bipolar is in remission, why change anything?

psychedelics aren't a good mix for me. I might stop lithium. Should I?
No you should not stop the lithium without discussing it with your psychiatrist and doctor first.
If you feel like you don't you have bipolar, it's probably because the meds are working and making you feel "normal". Please do not stop taking your meds.
A lot of mental disorders especially Bipolar in particular are very strongly hereditary, meaning that if your sister, father and aunty have all been diagnosed with bipolar, you have a much higher likelihood of having bipolar as well. From the bits of info you've provided, it sounds like the doctors have diagnosed you correctly and the meds are working, but you feel like you don't have symptoms of bipolar any more. Does that sound feasible?