• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Big n Dandy 4-FA (4-fluoroamphetamine) thread v.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea of potential cardiotoxicity? The mild psychedelia worries me as far as 5-HT2 receptor agonism goes, and the similarity to norfenfluramine doesn't help.

Can anyone elaborate on the suspicion about cardiotoxicity? I have had no psychedelic effects at all on 4-fa, not even on high doses. And my heartrate is affected less by 4-fa than it is by most other drugs (which is why I prefer it). It there much reason to suspect that it is cardiotoxic?

Can anyone elaborate on the suspicion about cardiotoxicity? I have had no psychedelic effects at all on 4-fa, not even on high doses. And my heartrate is affected less by 4-fa than it is by most other drugs (which is why I prefer it). It there much reason to suspect that it is cardiotoxic?

For serotonin releasing agents/agonists, the term "cardiotoxicity" is used to refer to a condition of ventricular hypertrophy (meaning overgrowth of a heart valve) which can occur as a result of activation of 5-HT2B receptors. Examples of this are MDMA, MDA, and fenfluramine (plus fenfluramine's major metabolite norfenfluramine, which is a rather strong 5-HT2B agonist), all of which directly activate the 5-HT2B receptor and are known to cause heart abnormalities. It is unknown if released serotonin directly contributes to this condition. Of course, it seems like there'd be reason to think that, since serotonin is a pretty potent serotonin receptor agonist, but SSRIs don't cause heart issues so it's hard to say.

The reason I worry about psychedelic effects (which people besides me have reported from 4-FA, though others, like yourself, do not) is that, because they are both members of the 5-HT2 family of serotonin receptors, 5-HT2A and 5-HT2B receptors are somewhat similar as far as which compounds bind to them. So, if there is some psychedelic action by a compound, psychedelia being mediated by the 5-HT2A receptor, one might have suspicion that the compound has some affinity for the 5-HT2B receptor.

I find it peculiar that I feel no effects of 4fa o
after the first redose. It's the exact same every time- first dose, feeling high, slowly feeling i'm coming down, redose, feeling as high as the first time, feeling i'm coming down, redose.. And nothing. Nada. Just doesn't work anymore.

For serotonin releasing agents/agonists, the term "cardiotoxicity" is used to refer to a condition of ventricular hypertrophy (meaning overgrowth of a heart valve) which can occur as a result of activation of 5-HT2B receptors. Examples of this are MDMA, MDA, and fenfluramine (plus fenfluramine's major metabolite norfenfluramine, which is a rather strong 5-HT2B agonist), all of which directly activate the 5-HT2B receptor and are known to cause heart abnormalities. It is unknown if released serotonin directly contributes to this condition. Of course, it seems like there'd be reason to think that, since serotonin is a pretty potent serotonin receptor agonist, but SSRIs don't cause heart issues so it's hard to say.

The reason I worry about psychedelic effects (which people besides me have reported from 4-FA, though others, like yourself, do not) is that, because they are both members of the 5-HT2 family of serotonin receptors, 5-HT2A and 5-HT2B receptors are somewhat similar as far as which compounds bind to them. So, if there is some psychedelic action by a compound, psychedelia being mediated by the 5-HT2A receptor, one might have suspicion that the compound has some affinity for the 5-HT2B receptor.

Thank you for the response. I am not wellversed in biochemistry or neurology or anything, but you have given some pretty easily understandable riskindikators. As for the SSRI thing, I actually saw an article two weeks ago in a danish newspaper (Urban or Metroexpress) claiming that SSRI in fact does cause heartproblems, and as a consequence measures are being taken to prevent doctors from throwing them in the face of every other patient. I don't remember the exact wording of the article or whether it had anything with ventricular hypertrophy to do though.

Edit: the drug in question is Citalopram and the problem seems to be that it interferes with electrical signals in the heart, leading to heart athrytmias and heartattacks in some, according to an american study. So it didn't have much to do with the topic.

Last edited:
Hey guys I just got some 4-fa. It seemed to have a salt texture. Very heavy and hmmm whats the word.... reminded me of salt. Is this normal??? I got it from a reputable vendor and looked the up on safeorscam. Thanks!

Hey guys I just got some 4-fa. It seemed to have a salt texture. Very heavy and hmmm whats the word.... reminded me of salt. Is this normal??? I got it from a reputable vendor and looked the up on safeorscam. Thanks!

If you're concerned about the quality of your 4-FA, or really any drug for that matter, buy a testing kit from dancesafe. You can buy mecke, marquis, or simon reagents for 20 something USD individually, or 50 as a bundle. I recommend the bundle, as more information is always better when putting potentially toxic/potent chemicals in your body. You can use this to test basically any drug that comes in a powder and E pills (maybe pharmaceuticals too, I don't know). There's really no excuse not to get one if you have the money to buy drugs in the first place. Optimal results for 4-FA for marquis, mecke, and simon are no color change. (Dancesafe has gotten these results on 4-FA samples which they verified by mass spec.) Some people, however, who probably do have a decent product, report a yellow/orange color change with marquis I think. This is probably due to some minor impurity left over from the synthesis.

I can't say definitively that it is or isn't, but what I can say is that when I have gotten 4-FA it has always been a white fluffy powder.

Thank you I will definately be purchasing that prior too use.

I can't say definitively that it is or isn't, but what I can say is that when I have gotten 4-FA it has always been a white fluffy powder.

Ya I have read it is supposed to be fluffy... :/

Yeah, I got the same sandy, non-sticky, 4-FA. Very granular and coarse but supposedly, from reports by experienced users, still the real deal.

Different batches can have a different appearance, but that doesn't mean it's not the same compound.

Bigger crystals (translating to coarser powder) usually means a more hasty crystallization and thus less purity. But yes, it's still probably the right compound if the vendor has good reviews on safeorscam.

What is the best way to consume 4-FA and what is the best dose for focus/studying? I took approximately 50mg orally, and didn't feel a thing.

This is what mine looks like: http://i.imgur.com/Tadjb.jpg (Reports say it looks legit)

Edit: No tolerance, 5'7, 110 pounds (if it matters)

Last edited:
Trash It. I have seen a few vendors or heard of some VERY trust worthy vendors having this salty garbage I got a few weeks ago. I swear I thought I was going to the hospital. It may have been panic but I have had 4-fa before. It was VERY VERYYYY Clumpy and Shimmers. If it doesnt basically clump like snow and Doesn't shimmer I think its bunk or something else. This is the second time I have encountered salty 4-fa and this stuff I Just got smells like fucking FISH!!!!! This is a warning to stay away or get it tested because I have a feeling a few suppliers are giving out bad batches because I had a Bizarree reaction to this New salty shit that people have been "claiming" Other reputable vendors carry and its Shit.

Yeah, I got the same sandy, non-sticky, 4-FA. Very granular and coarse but supposedly, from reports by experienced users, still the real deal.

Different batches can have a different appearance, but that doesn't mean it's not the same compound.
I think a lot of reviews are from customers that are NOT getting the same product or getting a little extra to say its the real deal. No way does 4-fa make you feel like your body is going numb and your brains almost going to explode. I cannot describe what happened but it was like a strong strong Brain zap feeling that would come in 15 minute intervals and it was almost TOO intense and it was in no way Pleasant and I have dosed on Salty 4-fa before that was supposedly Impurer than the batches that had been going around and it just lacked the same massive serotonin release but was def not like this granular stuff that you can crush and although clumpy does not shimmer which imho means Bullshit nastyness

I think a lot of reviews are from customers that are NOT getting the same product or getting a little extra to say its the real deal. No way does 4-fa make you feel like your body is going numb and your brains almost going to explode. I cannot describe what happened but it was like a strong strong Brain zap feeling that would come in 15 minute intervals and it was almost TOO intense and it was in no way Pleasant and I have dosed on Salty 4-fa before that was supposedly Impurer than the batches that had been going around and it just lacked the same massive serotonin release but was def not like this granular stuff that you can crush and although clumpy does not shimmer which imho means Bullshit nastyness

You may be right, but the 4-FA I got has little to no smell, and admittedly, I've only tested a small dose so I don't know the full effects of this batch. How much did you take?

Bigger crystals (translating to coarser powder) usually means a more hasty crystallization and thus less purity. But yes, it's still probably the right compound if the vendor has good reviews on safeorscam.

Larger crystals come from slower recrystallisations. Purer substances tend to form better crystals because the impurities will not disrupt crystal formation.

tha's not to say fine powders are impure, nor are crystals purer, either can be got from high or average purity.

Larger crystals come from slower recrystallisations. Purer substances tend to form better crystals because the impurities will not disrupt crystal formation.

tha's not to say fine powders are impure, nor are crystals purer, either can be got from high or average purity.

Hmm the internet agrees with you. However I could have sworn my lab instructor told me the exact opposite.

When ppl say 4-fa is toxic how much do they mean in comparison to other drugs?

wtf does toxic mean anyhow. think i asked some time ago but didnt get an answer satisfactory enough that id remmeebr it apparently.

Im interested in trying this rc as i was after a mild serotonin booster with the stim- which id been before doing mdppp and 6apb but apb is too strong of a releaser for me.

Anyhow so what do they mean about it prob being toxic as compared to say mdma, amp, mephedrone? Moreso/less so what?

i know its guesswork but what is probably the case?

This term 'toxic' seems to get thrown around willy nilly and im not sure what ppl mean by it but particularly in this case.

If its likely worse than other rcs then id be encouraged to give it a miss since i was just getting settled into mdppp which i find miracuously benign physically and mentally just had to find a serotonin releaser to go with it. I find it annoying and stressful to always be hutning for my high. mdppp def has my dopa sorted i just dont have the serotonin side on lock yet.

Thats why im intereted in this as it seems like what i was after effects wise all in one tho am concerned of this flouro toxicity shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.