View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big and Dandy Salvia Scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was completed yesterday? How did you know?

I wandered into a variety store yesterday to buy some fresca. I noticed a sign by the cigarettes saying "Salvia Divinorum sold here.

I couldn't believe it - I thought I must have remembered the name wrong. Must be a laxative or something.

I asked the clerk what it was and he said "it is like marijuana but it is legal so we can sell it".

I thought to my self "well, that's not quite true, but it is a drug".

I picked up a gram of 10X extract.

I don't know what amazes me more - that I got some so easily, or that it is being sold openly at the corner store!

I will provide a trip update when I check it out. Here's hoping I have a lot to report!
-Aberdeen

I had to go to the mall to buy a pipe in order to smoke the salvia I recently acquired at the corner store.

On the way there, I ran an errand for my parents. They were out of town for the day which gave me a pleasant backyard setting to do the salvia. Once the errand was done, I needed to call their friends, K. and G regarding it. I did this before the salvia so I wouldnt have to worry about it later. There was no answer, but I heard their voicemail greeting and left a message of my own. Once that was done, I went to the back yard.

I packed as much of the gram of 10X extract of salvia into the little pipe I had bought. I filled a covered mug with ice, diet sprite and lime and brought it out to the back yard with me.

I put Glenn Gould's The Goldberg Variations on the stereo. It was playing on the speakers (I could hear it in the back) but I put the headphones on as well. I sat in the back and held a flame over the bowl and sucked deeply on the pipe. Mild tasting smoke - neither bad nor good. I held it in as long as I could, then had another draw. Just as I took that second draw, I felt a sudden slam accompanied by a roar. Suddenly I was in a different place. I could see a road going down to my left in the distance. There were people around - some looking at me.

The feeling didnt grow or increase - one second I was in the yard holding a pipe, then in an instant I was on a road with lots of people around. I became aware of K. and G. (my parent's friends from my earlier call) behind me. I was self-consious about being high in public. I think I knew I was high because I remembered smoking the pipe - but I wasn't aware that my feeling of being on a long road with people around me was due to the high. I had no idea I was still in the backyard.

This was an intense feeling. I thought I should get off the road, since there were people around. I got up and found I had to lean my hand on the table. I noticed the pipe was there, and I picked it up and tried to have another draw. I don't think there was anything left.

I walked across the yard to sit in a bench under a maple tree. Once I was down there I became oriented and realized I was still in my parents yard.

I believed the high was over... but never trust that feeling. I watched the flower and trees around. They didn't move or anything, but I would see after images of the flowers on the sky. Not to a great degree, but slightly.

I sat there for a while until I got the urge to lie down. I thought this would be better in the house, so I went in. I lay on the couch listening to Glenn Gould. It was mild by then, but I could still feel signs of being high - after images mostly, and also occasionaly feelings of something being different.

That was about an hour ago. The high hits so quickly - on the second draw. The peak is gone quickly as well... 5 or 10 minutes I would guess. I started packing the pipe at 4:37, and I was back inside lying down at 5:00.

I see why people have used salvia to reach the spirit world. The feeling of being elsewhere, with people around, is so intense, and it kicks in so quickly and is vivid. It certainly seems real.

I guess I became aware of K. and G.'s presence since I had just been calling them, heard her voice on the greeting, and I left them a message. If I had been thinking of a recently deceased loved one at that time, then did the salvia, it is easy to see what would happen.

I wish the feeling didn't pass so quickly. It certainly was interesting and exotic.

I will be back another day.

I haven't smoked salvia in a long time, but when I did I always made sure I was with a close friend in a quiet and calm place. Hit it, hold it, and started laughing histerically. That's pretty much what it does for me and my friend. Other than sweating as well.

It's sort of the same for me, except if someone's annoying me then it will just make them 100 times more annoying and I end up screaming at them uncontrollably. Like one time I took a big hit, handed the bowl to my friend, and I started tripping. Then he handed the bowl back to me and walked into the other room. I didn't know what I was holding and i started swinging it everywhere, getting the smelly salvia water all over. When I came back to reality I realized he made me hold it and started screaming at him for being retarded.

But, there is a big difference for me between tripping alone and tripping wiht other people. When I'm with other people I get really confused because I feel like I don't know anyone and I'm in a new place. When I'm alone I'm more relaxed and not as confused.

Set and setting don't really change the overall feeling though, it's still intense, fun, and confusing no matter what

same

I did salvia 5 times 5 different settings and i had the same scary trip and insane reality melting temporary memory lose. btw never take a large rip of 15x+ while in the passanger seat of a moving car.... oh god i thought i was gonna die.

^^ my two 20x experinces gave me scary trips, i also had memory loss and I smoked it in a moving car, it was hell. This shit isnt for me.

coinbath said:
I did salvia 5 times 5 different settings and i had the same scary trip and insane reality melting temporary memory lose. btw never take a large rip of 15x+ while in the passanger seat of a moving car.... oh god i thought i was gonna die.

Never took salvia (will within the next weeks tho), but that shit does sound scary like hell 8(

salvia has just been made illegal here (ireland) just when i was starting to enjoy it :( im gonna smoke a pipe of the 15x now back in a bit :p

JuicyJay said:
That sucks, tell us how it was ;)
scary! i seem to get more intense visuals from the lower strengths???

anyway, smoked a nice fat pipe, held it for over 20 secounds. got that instant feeling at the back of my head(that sort of "oh shit sumthings happening") i was staring at my arm and it started to open up liike there was a fleshy zip on it! i sorta fell into my arm and everything went red. rest is kinda hazy, i remember seeing someone i knew but cudnt say anything to them! scary-ass drug man

had a trip today and i sank into the ground whilst a midget buried me with dirt.

still have some left think ill leave it for a little while tho lol

Sm0ke said:

LOL is right! I remember feeling that way after coming down from a powerful journey one time! And I definitely did leave it for quite a while before ever returning to it!

Church said:
LOL is right! I remember feeling that way after coming down from a powerful journey one time! And I definitely did leave it for quite a while before ever returning to it!
yeah my friends are the same, when i offer them some i can just see the fear in their eyes lol! if all psychadelics were that powerful but for a longer duration then i wud never take them!

Sm0ke said:
had a trip today and i sank into the ground whilst a midget buried me with dirt.

I recomend a better 'setting' - I would avoid tripping in the company of sadistic midgets in future. ;)

ok just had my first try with salvia and well i'm a bit dissapointed but i guess I should expect it

3/4 1g joint (5x extract) with 2 people smoking and....nothing

That's because you're not supposed to smoke it in a joint......

You need to take ONE BIG BONG rip and HOLD it!!!! That's the ONLY way you'll breakthrough....

i was so excited to do 60x a week ago. i had tried salvia before but never really broke through so i wanted to go ALL OUT. when i got home, i cleaned my apt., put on my pajamas, and sat on the couch. i packed my first bowl and took it all in one big hit and held it as long as i could. unfortunately, i felt nothing. HOWEVER, i was not ready to give up. after packing a second bowl and taking a hit, i dont even remember exhaling. all of a sudden i was surrounded by complete senslessness. i had NO idea where i was and i saw that everything was actually made up of trillions of tiny cartoon like creatures that were alive and watching me. i started falling into my surroundings thinking i was dying and that it was my time to go. hundreds of hands came into focus around me and tried pulling me into the couch. there was no such thing as direction as i sumersaulted into a point that was once the coffee table. Distance didnt exist at all and EVERYTHING in the room was touching me. come to think of it, i WAS the room. everything was connected into this huge inner working machine. the blank white wall was actually made up of a crowd of 3 dimensional multi colored creatues and then i started falling between the cracks and lines of that crowd. i was CONVINCED i was dead and that i would be there FOREVER. the whole time this was happening, i could feel a VERY STRONG presence of a higher being that to my impression, was showing me all this for my own good. eventually, i began to notice that i was in a room and i grabbed onto the couch cusions to ground me from flying away again.

IT WAS A TERRIFYING, TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCE. i wish salvia upon NO BODY

Theres definately something common among salvia users is that its not a drug that you would want to do all the time. One trip could be enough to satisfy or terrify you away from it. Which is good in a way.

I love salvia. I could do it every night if I wanted to but choose not to as I feel it is best to allow time in between experiences to reflect on the visions and let it sink in. I use maybe once a week if not less.

But make no mistake it is not out of fear of the experience. There is a certain level of intimidation but definately no fear. Intimidation from the experience being extremely powerful.

Salvia is a beautiful thing

Status
Not open for further replies.