• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bhang - cannabis milk drink

This is a myth.

Erowid and Flavours of India AND this recipe in this thread all are using heat for this process. Heat has been the only reliable method for decarb. So, just because you aren't purposely decarbing, doesn't mean that you aren't decarbing!

I hate to break it to you, but you don't need 1 oz of weed to make INSANELY strong Bhang.

Am aware. That's just how much I used the only time I've done it with undried weed we shared it with the whole party (and didn't measure the doses which was very irresponsible) Haven't tested and done a gram by gram side by side experiment because I don't really get high very much and no longer feel the need to push the limits. Plus I'm not hoarding every gram of weed I have these days.

0.5g of dried done in the traditional way is plenty for me.

Agreed on the heating being a form of decarb. Especially the boiling water in the first step.

I look forward to hearing your results if you end up doing a side by side decarb vs non decarb experiment

bro, i've made ebibles for years and only recently discovered decarbin' n lemme tell you... the edibles highs are FAR stronger than anything i've ever felt in my noob days.

Im talking we put a half oz of absolutely gross shitty weed that's brown and produces very little buzz into 12 cupcakes and a round cake.

I ate 2 cupcakes and a slice of cake and WHAM. peaked within the 3rd hour with WAVES of immense euphoria that had this fucking smile on my face. Very similar tot hat devious hedonistic smile from a Hydrocodone buzz. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh just thinking about it makes me wanna make moreeeeee.

I'm gonna make the milk this weekend and decarb first and i'll tell you guys how it goes.
Do it! and if you are so inclined share your method with us.

I look forward to hearing your results if you end up doing a side by side decarb vs non decarb experiment
I've already attempted to make edibles without decarbing, and my results were exactly this: It doesn't work.

Agreed on the heating being a form of decarb. Especially the boiling water in the first step.

By non decarb I should say no additional decarb other than what's in the traditional Indian recipe. I'm not advising a glass of cold milk with a cold pile of weed trimmings floating in it. I have never tried that.

I would actually like to hear what gets you optimal results? Ie your preferred method and how you do it.

By non decarb I should say no additional decarb other than what's in the traditional Indian recipe. I'm not advising a glass of cold milk with a cold pile of weed trimmings floating in it. I have never tried that..
By using the traditional method, you are only guessing as to how much, if any, you are decarbing.

I would actually like to hear what gets you optimal results? Ie your preferred method and how you do it.
My preferred method for optimum results (for Bhang) is a far cry from what this thread is.

Here is a brief rundown of my Bhang:

1. Decarb the weed using a modern oven and modern decarb method.
2. Strain the weed through 99% isopropyl alcohol.
3. Dry the iso until there is only iso hash left.
4. Using whole milk and cream dissolve the iso hash, add sugar, honey, whatever.
5. Drink. Enjoy!

I wouldn't use alcohol (yuk!) in Bhang at ALL. Why would anyone ruin the great high of weed when it's not a required ingredient for Bhang? That's no longer Bhang imo.

If you want to make an a well known alcoholic-cannabis drink, make green dragon!

Thanks Wolfgang. I may give that a go with the Southern Hemisphere harvest season soon approaching. So I'm guessing one would drastically reduce the dose per person? Will google the oven times and temps I know there is a good chart on here somewhere. Sourcing iso that is food grade in aus might take a bit of hunting but I will give it a crack.

How much cannabis do you recommend per dose with that method? Will be using dry bud medium to high quality.

No problem.

Even though you are not drinking any alcohol from the QWISO hash oil, I suppose there is a chance of other contaminants being there that you would not want if it is not food grade. Food grade iso would be a cleaner option here, as would any high proof pure grain alcohol would as well.

Regardless, this is only a process for making hash oil as there are many others, and your yield will be different just by soaking the buds in the alcohol for a few more seconds than "normal". Your yield is going to be different depending on how you extract the goodies.

As for a "per dose" recommendation, that is subjective but I don't think it's out of the ordinary to assume that one oz is going to be more than enough for one person.

Realistically, you are going to have hash oil prior to making the Bhang, using my technique, so all you need to do is measure the weight and start with a small amount, say .1-.2 grams of hash oil, and see how far that takes you.

Oh now I see how alch is used.... One could use ethonal instead. Just harder to obtain in some areas at 100%

I said AVB gives a more calming effect, compared to the high when vaping the bud.

That makes sense, since THC seems to have a lower boiling point than CBD and CBN. The ratio of CBD/CBN to THC must be higher in AVB than the original unvaporized herb.

Edit: just found this cool thread.

These days I'm keeping all the twigs. When I have enough (a lot) I'll grind, decarb, make Bhang with it and see how that goes.

Last edited:
That thread makes me wish I'd kept all the vape left overs I've thrown out just for the CBD content

I'm going to invest in a vaporizer soon, and keep all the AVB for Bhang / tinctures. :)

And AVB shouldn't need a decarb step since it's already been done while vaping.

I'm going to invest in a vaporizer soon, and keep all the AVB for Bhang / tinctures. :)

And AVB shouldn't need a decarb step since it's already been done while vaping.
This is a very cost effective use of your herb!

If there are any growers in this thread with extra trim that you are't doing anything with...trim makes a great substitute instead of using your precious buds.

avb= after vape bowl/bud?

Why not post vaped?
Yeah, it's just an acronym that vape enthusiast have taken to.

The more you take multiple vape hits off the same bowl load (as well as the higher temps), the worse (read: less potent) the "post vaped" weed will be.

I found this recipe for Bhang Lassi on another site and am going to post it here.

bongzilla said:
1/2 Ounce of nice bud
1 Cup of water
2 Cups of warm milk
Pinch of Garam Masala (popular spice blend in Indian cooking)
1 Tablespoon of Coconut milk
1 Tablespoon chopped almonds
1/8 Teaspoon of powdered ginger
1/2 Cup of sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of sugar water w/ splash of Grenadine (thanks MamaBudz!)

1. Boil water in teapot and add the Marijuana.

2. Brew for around 7-10 minutes and then strain. Take bud and squeeze any remaining liquids into the water. Save bud in a bowl.

3. Grind the bud and 2 tablespoons of milk together slowly. Do this about 4 times.

4. Stick the milk in a bowl, and take the Marijuana out. Add the Marijuana and a bit more milk and grind it a bit more, adding the almonds.

5. Squeeze the bud and repeat a few more times. Throw the remaining bud out (unless you want to eat it?).

6. Add all the liquids together (milk, coconut milk, sugar water, and the water from the tea). Now add the rest off the spices, stir.

Enjoy!

NOTES:
1. Use an OLD teapot unless you want your house to smell like MJ everytime you want a coffee. Trust me, I have washed my old one out about 5 times with soap and alcohol and it still gives off a slight smell.
2. When brewing, it will smell. A LOT. The whole second story of my house was engulfed in the smell, it is much more than when you are smoking a joint.

Yes, it took me a while to do it. It was definately worth it, but it isn't for everyone. If you have eaten bud before and didn't like the experience, don't try this.

So I basically drank half an ounce of Marijuana. It was the most intense trip I have had, almost didn't feel like Marijuana.

I also found this recipe for a banana lassi.

Lemon Banana Lassi
Ingredients:
Bananas - 4 nos.
Yogurt - 2 cups
Sugar - 6 tbsps.
Lemon juice - 1 Lemon
Water - as required
Ice - as required.

Method:
1. Peel the bananas and cut into small pieces.
2. Whisk the yogurt and put it in a mixer.
3. Add sliced bananas, lime juice and honey and blend well.
4. Add some cold water and ice to the lassi and blend it again.
---
Mango lassi is made with yogurt, fresh ripe mangoes, sugar (added if you like it or not), a pinch of salt (again added if you like it or not), and some people add in cardamom or other spices.

If you do a search via google you can easily find recipes for a traditional salt lassi, and one made with masala.

I've never had special lassi, or bhang lassi, but if I were going to ever have it I'd want it weak.

That recipe is a bit more sensible than the flavours of India one. Half an ounce will make 28 doses roughly.

That recipe is a bit more sensible than the flavours of India one. Half an ounce will make 28 doses roughly.

I've heard the Bhang in India is extremely strong. Also that if you go there and drink it you should only buy it from government approved bhang shops as the bhang drinks made by street vendors add in alcohol, prescription drugs, and stuff you don't necessarily want to be taking.