• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Better social Lubricant : Xanax or Tramadol

neone

Bluelighter
Which one of these two is the better social lubricant ?

Last edited:
In my experience the better of the two is by far tramadol. It acts as a stimulant while xanax is a sedative. Xanax will reduce anxiety for sure, but it never gives me the desire to be social. Tramadol reduces anxiety a bit but mainly makes me want to talk to others. But some people say tramadol doesn't do jack shit though, so to each his own. Experiment!

Tramadol is a lot better for socail setting. Unless your super nervous then xanax just makes me chill out. Not anymore social. Tramadol though is semi stimulating, and still helps with minor anxiety.

The answer will vary person to person. Xanax, for me, does not help me socialize... just allows me to relax and feel comfortable with any given situation by relieving anxiety. I can become comfortable with the idea of being the quiet person of the group. Too much xanax and I'll talk a lot, only say all the wrong things.

IME tramadol has the potential to be the opposite. I don't find tramadol anxiolytic at all (nor a remotely effective antidepressant for that matter), in fact I sometimes get this strange "wirey" type of anxiety until it's proper mu activity has settled in. This can take several hours for me. On the other hand it does increase socialization though. YMMV though.

Last edited:
Both can be good depending on how they affect you. But for me tramadol is much more sedating than alprazolam, i find the latter to be much better for social situations (somehow like alcohol without side effects).

Tramadol can give you a nice energetic buzz unique to itself. Push the dosage too high and you feel like shit fast and risk a seizure.

Xanax on the other hand just puts me the fuck out. You'll lose inhibitions, sure, but it comes with too much baggage to be reliable in a social setting.

Try the trams but be cautious about the dosage.

I would have to say benzos for sure are more social. However, xanax is way to strong to be taking in social settings...as above posters have stated it can lead to you saying or doing things that you normally wouldn't. If you have access to valium, I would take 10mg of that which is roughly equivalent to .5mg of xanax. The difference is xanax is very fast acting with a short half life, and valium takes a little time to warm up, and has a long half life...so the sedation is quite a bit milder.

Neither. Even if my Benzo tolerance weren't so high that I can no longer feel 40mg of Valium, which means that Xanax would probably have a slight impact, all it ever did was make me extremely tired. In the realm of Benzos or anything related to them, Ambien at a modest dose is far better for this sort of thing in my experience.

Tramadol doesn't go with antidepressants so many on them cannot take it at, which is one con, and that I would need to take a considerably large amount is another.

I'd go with Kratom for an opioid serving as a "social lubricant".

Varies so much and you'll get a lot of opinions on this.

For me, I'd say Tramadol. However, it can be quite stimulating and thus makes some people anxious. So I wouldn't advise on taking Tramadol as a 'social lubricant' without testing it out before.

OP: if you're considering a benzo as a "social lubricant", might I suggest trying Kava? It's generally mild and can be slightly intoxicating but can do the job and is just easier.