• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Best Way to Use Suboxone/Subutex to Detox

I started out with about .5 and every 25-30 minutes checked to see if more was necessary, and if so (which it was on day 1), I simply took a pinch more until I hit that level where I didn't feel anything remotely like withdrawals. That was day 1 and I went through the whole 8 mg. pill.

Day 2, followed same regimen with same results.

Day 3, tiny bit in the morning (which I'd determined was necessary by doing a little at a time on days 1 & 2), then just a tiny bit late afternoon/early evening - total daily dose for day 3 was 4 mg.

Day 4, took even less.

Day 5 took just about 1-2 mg. entire day.

Day 6 - stopped.

I did make sure to have some left just in case I needed to take it, but turns out I did not. This method was given to me my a neighbor (who also gave me the pills to try out as I wanted to stop the Vicodin so I could see if maybe I really didn't need to take them anymore). Anyway, the neighbor had been majorly hook on Oxys, and he did it this way without withdrawals and is still on the wagon til this day. For me, also no Vicodin withdrawals. I do believe I had a few side effects from the Subutex, of which the most bothersome was Indigestion. Other than that, just tired, but totally pain free and NOT ONE SINGLE VICODIN WITHDRAWAL EFFECT. I couldn't believe it, as I tried to stop the Vicodin before and the withdrawal symptoms were so horrible that I took another pill to make them go away. Anyway, if anyone wants to quit, I would say give this a try - and short term did work for me - and I did NOT go back into Vicodin withdrawal symptoms after stopping the short term use of Subutex, like others firmly stated would happen if you did. Maybe that's what happened in their case, but it is not the norm from what I've read, and I read alot before stopping the Subutex so I'd know what to look for. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
OMG, sorry but had laugh at your post. You are pretty much taking everything under the sun so why wean with this one. I say just march on until you're ready to make a move, and then I would suggest that someone who uses as many things as this try to get a week or 2 at the "resort" to help you. If you have insurance through work, it'll cover 100% - I'm pretty sure. But hey, you gotta start somewhere, so why not drop the pot too, just for now.

Hi.

I have 1 8mg tablet. I'm hoping that this will be enough to do a very short detox. What I would like some advice with is the best method of using the subby. Does snorting or IV have any benefit over sub lingual? I know that snorting/IV is negative behaviour but I was wondering if either was more efficient. The idea being to make the tablet last the 4 days needed.

Hey there,
I am on day 10 of H detox, had one 8mg sub that I've bee taking tiny pieces of until yesterday. Switched to kratom yesterday and today to cushion any residual withdrawal from the sub. Woke up just now feeling minor chills, rls symptoms, is it possible that I have made it through the withdrawals and will only experience a small bit of discomfort?

Hi.

I have 1 8mg tablet. I'm hoping that this will be enough to do a very short detox. What I would like some advice with is the best method of using the subby. Does snorting or IV have any benefit over sub lingual? I know that snorting/IV is negative behaviour but I was wondering if either was more efficient. The idea being to make the tablet last the 4 days needed.

What opioid are you detoxig from, at what dosage and how long did you take it ?

Hey I'm new to here, I was on oxy for 6 months and then fent and h for 2 months/ nasal half gram a day. Went to sub doc because I couldn't CT it made it to day 2. I was put on 12 mg a day suboxone 2 days ago. Can I reset by going back to H for a little bit and then go back to a quick sub detox, I was misinformed by my doc who wants me on it long term as I want to quickly be off with minimal withdrawal.

^ Well You start again, but you don't have to start at your 'starting' dose. But the dose you were at wasn't enough to satisfy cravings.. I would increase dose and do more of a long term taper, maybe even an intreatment. GL

-hopeless
could you help me out please I'm new don't know really what to do sub doctor started me on 12 mg daily 3 days ago but only been taking 4mg morning and night

So you`ve taken 4mg in the am and 4mg in the pm?

I would reduce by a milligram a day,so take 4mg in the am and 3mg in the pm the following day,on the third day take 3mg am and 3mg pm,fourth day 3mg am and 2mg pm,fifth day take 2mg am and 2mg pm,sixth day take 2mg am and 1mg pm and then switch on the seventh day so you take 1mg am and 2mg pm,on the eight day take 1mg am and 1mg pm.

On the ninth day skip the morning dose and take 1mg in the pm,on the tenth day take 0.5mg in the pm,on the eleventh day go without and on day twelve take 0.25mg and then go clean.

So you`ve taken 4mg in the am and 4mg in the pm?

I would reduce by a milligram a day,so take 4mg in the am and 3mg in the pm the following day,on the third day take 3mg am and 3mg pm,fourth day 3mg am and 2mg pm,fifth day take 2mg am and 2mg pm,sixth day take 2mg am and 1mg pm and then switch on the seventh day so you take 1mg am and 2mg pm,on the eight day take 1mg am and 1mg pm.

On the ninth day skip the morning dose and take 1mg in the pm,on the tenth day take 0.5mg in the pm,on the eleventh day go without and on day twelve take 0.25mg and then go clean.

So what would you say how bad the WDs will be after a year of a gram a day H nasal?

I've been to rehab a couple times, and what they did for me actually worked.

The detox went like this (12 day detox / taper),

Days 1-3 - 12mg
Days 4-6 - 8mg
Days 7-9 - 4mg
Days 10-12 -2mg

I mean, being a hardcore addict, and for a long time (10 years).. That 12 day taper works wonders. I literally felt very little to no withdrawals after.

Taper all the way down to 0.25mg> or lower, as in micro-doses (I would go below 0.25mg and stay on that dose for a few days). Then utilize clonidine, cannabis, phenibut, kratom, gabapentinoids, APAP/NSAID's, hypnotic/sedative anthistamines, benzodiazepines, and dissociatives/ACH's like ketamine, O-PCE, 3-MeO-PCP (MXE and ketamine are my favorite). Some find d-amphetamine/methamphetamine useful due to dopaminergic distraction (comedown is a struggle).

Thanks I'm just afraid of being hooked to the bupe for too long I heard coming off long term is horrid, I already have to come off a 6 year kpin use soon probably 3 years of my life to do it of living hell

I've found Suboxone good for maintenance but Kratom is my detox drug, quite frankly Suboxone is worse to withdraw from than real opiates in all but cost IME. (In other words, a Suboxone taper is cheaper than say heroin [but not kratom], but the jump to zero has been a painful motherfucker when I've done it.)

I was 4 month 2 bundles snorting a day. Took first dose 8mg wendesday went into bad pws (only waited 13 hours). Waited it out yesterday took 8 mg and 3mg clonidine. Clonidie made me feel better. Then took 4 mg and stablized. Today woke up took 1 8mg sub and 1/2 colondine. The colondine made hell for me at work, very drousy. Got home took another 8mg sub. So here is my plan 16 mgs today to 4 mgs tomorrow with a colondine after work. Then 2mgs sunday. 1Mg monday. .5 tuesday then get drunk/benzos on my 2 days off. Please give suggestions. Please! I want to flush these fucking subs.

Kills me when I see people complain about how they feel on Suboxone, or it "tastes bad" is the one that really gets me.
The alternative is puking all over the room and shitting your pants. Its suboxone, its a taper/maitenence med, its not designed to be amazing feeling or cherry/vanilla flavored or scented with aromatherapy... its designed to get you off opiates and still function in your life.

TayTay, that taper is REALLY fast. It will feel horrid. At the very least try a 12 day taper, or 21 day taper.

Kills me when I see people complain about how they feel on Suboxone, or it "tastes bad" is the one that really gets me.
The alternative is puking all over the room and shitting your pants. Its suboxone, its a taper/maitenence med, its not designed to be amazing feeling or cherry/vanilla flavored or scented with aromatherapy... its designed to get you off opiates and still function in your life.

TayTay, that taper is REALLY fast. It will feel horrid. At the very least try a 12 day taper, or 21 day taper.

Yeah, never really understood that, the shit tastes like artificial orange flavor. Big fucking deal.

Yeah, never really understood that, the shit tastes like artificial orange flavor. Big fucking deal.

I dont mind the taste, i just dont want to get hooked. I have plenty of pills. Today i did 16mg what do you suggest the best taper method. 8 tomorrow? Then 6 sunday, then 4 monday, 2 tuesday, 1 wednesday? Etc.. Etc..

Can you please give me a suggested taper method. 8Mg tomorrow? Then 6 sunday, 4 monday, 2 tuesday, 1 monday etc.etc. i know im going to feel like shit. Thats what ive been going through for months. I can deal with bad withdrawals. I jusy honestly want to do the best, fastest method to get off dope and suboxone while working everday.

But you've been on heroin for 4 months, yet concerned about getting hooked on Subs? I think I'm getting trolled.
Check it.... this is a good example of the 12 day taper, quoted from Methacodone.

Days 1-3 - 12mg
Days 4-6 - 8mg
Days 7-9 - 4mg
Days 10-12 -2mg

But you've been on heroin for 4 months, yet concerned about getting hooked on Subs? I think I'm getting trolled.
Check it.... this is a good example of the 12 day taper, quoted from Methacodone.

Days 1-3 - 12mg
Days 4-6 - 8mg
Days 7-9 - 4mg
Days 10-12 -2mg
Not getting trolled. Yall just have more experience and im a fucking idiot. Last time a used was a 2 year habit followed by a quick 4 strip quick-8mg taper. But this time i went nuts and think the dope was stronger or cut with some shit and i am finding the sub detox harder. I also started way too high on my initial sub dose this time around and i have to work the Whole fucking time running a Goddamn restaurant in nyc.