• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to smoke black tar heroin?

TSLexi

Bluelighter
Hey!

I've got some black tar heroin, and an oil burner pipe. Is that a good way of smoking it, or should I use foil and a straw?

Is there any way to use it with a vaporizer pen?

Thanks!

PS: I refuse to inject anything, so don't talk.

Dabs. Get a bong with a titanium nail and dab it like its wax. Your tolerance will never be the same again, though, be warned.

If you want to preserve your tolerance go with foil but there are some health risks associated with that.

Dabs. Get a bong with a titanium nail and dab it like its wax. Your tolerance will never be the same again, though, be warned.

LOL someone I knew actually witnessed someone dab tar. They pretty much wasted 50 dollars worth of tar heroin by vaporizing one big glob...total waste.

The best way I know of is to chase the dragon. Good old foil and straw. Theoretically I suppose you could use an oil burner but I've literally never seen anyone do that.

Hey!

I've got some black tar heroin, and an oil burner pipe. Is that a good way of smoking it, or should I use foil and a straw?

If the oil burner pipe is like one of those glasses pipes people use to smoke meth i would not recommend using that at all. You see when you smoke Heroin in a glasses pipe the smack smoleters and doesn't burn right so much so that you will waste most of your heroin. I don't know the exact science behind why you can smoke ice out of a glass pipe but smoking Heroin out of a glass pipe is wrong, i just know it's a major no-no.

The best and some would say only way to smoke heroin is to smoke it off aluminium foil and breath in the smoke with a rolled up piece of lamented paper or some kind of glass cylinder pipe ( just depends what you can get, i normally use a rolled up pizza menu as that's what works best for me) . This is called chasing the dragon. You get a bit of the foil and have the shiny side face down towards the flame and the dull side facing up with the heroin on it, you light the lighter underneath the foil but need to be careful as it's a bit tricky seeing as you want the smack to heat up and dissolve into a liquid that will roll around the foil. Once the smack is in liquid form you light the flame under the foil while tilting the foil so the liquid evaporates into smoke and you breath it deep into your lungs. You need to pace yourself when using the lighter as if you light it too long or too close the foil will catch fire.

I hope this advice helps you out TSLexi and remember it will take a couple of burns of the gear from the tin foil to get your smack smoking style down cold but once mastered chasing the dragon is one of the most satisfying ways to use heroin, not to mention the safest way to use if your by yourself.

A glass dick (meth pipe) WILL NOT WORK. As long as you're not putting 1/2g+ on your dabber you'll find, if you actually experience it yourself, that it is the most efficient way to vaporize and inhale tar.

I forgot to mention, don't use water. It will trap much of your dope due to solubility.

Aluminum foil causes a hacking cough if you use it too long, and a minority of ppl are prone to developing a type of encephalitis from using foil (it seems some parts of the foil vaporize too, not much, but some).

are you just really opposed to chasing with foil & a straw for some reason lol

I'm willing to chase it off of foil the first few times, but I would like to have a proper pipe for the purpose.

What about this pipe?http://www.dagoodstuff.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=811

This hill pipe looks more like a hash pipe and wouldn't work to smoke heroin unless you mixed the heroin with tobacco and that would be as harsh as anything, it would get you high but i don't know why you would want to ruin something as nice and smooth as heroin by mixing it with the most over rated drug that kills 1 in 2 people who use it namely tobacco. But i may be jaded and bias as i am a reformed ex smoker who sees nothing good in having a tobacco smoking habit.

Still to the foil TSlexi, but seriously big props for sticking to smoking your gear and not going down the IV needle path.

Thanks Boku!

I'd only inject heroin that was purified to pharmaceutical standards (I have access to a gas chromatograph), dissolved in normal saline, and sterilized; anything else I'd smoke.

I also don't know how to properly give myself an injection, and I don't have a catheterization kit so I can vein open. Also, I don't want to end up needing a new tricuspid valve.

There are opium pipes that look just like that. It's more how it's used than anything else.

I know opium burns very similarly to tar so if its a device made for opium it may work.

The reason a meth pipe won't work well is that the tar needs to roll quickly on a clean surface, and the glass bulb would quickly get caked with incombustible solids, impeding the movement of the remaining tar and ultimately wasting/burning whatever is left.

Burnt, I gave up on foil the first time I took a dab. Even the best foil can be observed crumpling under heat from a lighter in some places, and you can't see it but you end up inhaling microscopic amounts of vaporized foil.

Not to mention the health problems I mentioned which are due to the foil.

Yeah, I don't need to fuck my lungs up (at least not more so than they otherwise would be)...at least it's aluminum and not asbestos.

Could I use a vaporizer pen that can handle waxes? I'd really like that, because I hate fiddling with a lighter constantly...did enough of that when I smoked pipe tobacco.

Also, what does smack vapor taste like? I'm guessing a bit like vinegar. I actually like the taste of vinegar.

I don't see why a vape pen wouldn't work. It might get gummed up eventually though (IME tar leaves behind more incombustible solids than wax &shatter etc).

Tar vapor is delicious IMO. Its somewhat an acquired taste, and yes, somewhat vinegary.

If stepped on improperly it can taste very bad but that's uncommon.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Dr Dabber Ghost vaporizer pen, and that is going to be specifically used for smack; my Atmos Optimus is going to be used for my THC concentrate.

Also, acetone can can clean the chamber, right? Or would that melt it?

The chambers on those are usually made of coiled steel or other type of metal. I'm not an expert but I don't think acetone will melt or strip it, but I could be wrong. Acetone usually removes stuff like paint, right? I don't think it dissolves steels or plastics at all, but I'd be more comfortable if someone with more chemistry or personal experience could confirm that.

A bristle brush with coca cola might be the best bet for a low-impact solvent.

I think the chamber is made of either metal or ceramic.

Why do people shoot up instead of chase the dragon (or, in my case, imprison the dragon and drain it's power)?

I think the chamber is made of either metal or ceramic.

Why do people shoot up instead of chase the dragon (or, in my case, imprison the dragon and drain it's power)?

Oh yeah they usually do have ceramic bowls with wire coils.

I think many progress to IV after hitting diminishing returns due to tolerance after initially snorting nor smoking. Also, I'm not sure how suitable for smoking east coast H and China White are. The truly ballsy that just dive right in to IV use are just being reckless and end up ruining their bodies if not losing their lives :(

Thanks Phil! Did you get my friend request?

I don't know why, maybe it's related to my brain damage and schizoid personality disorder I acquired from being born 16 weeks early, but I always need a chemical, whether it's alcohol, nicotine, THC, or heroin, just to feel...right. Been this way forever.

Isn't the combination of heroin and THC called an atom bomb?