• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates best way to get weed oil from a used cart.

Just wanted to add that the 70% iso which was used started to take the paint off the middle of the carts (the white shit), so need to invest into something as an extractor for next time.

Fans that blow air can cut down the room temperature evaporation times significantly! Especially if you use 99% methanol instead of isopropanol. (Methanol has a much lower boiling point and therefore it will evaporate faster).
I stuck it in the oven at 180 degrees for a bit, kinda hid foil over it just mainly to hide it from this little shit, then i layered some fabric softener sheets along the backside of my fan lol and put my iso under it, and it seemed to work alright, on high settings.

Just wanted to add that the 70% iso which was used started to take the paint off the middle of the carts (the white shit), so need to invest into something as an extractor for next time.
Smoking paint can't be good but smoking tiny pieces of glass shards is probably worse, right?

Well it's that time again.
Od8L0Op.jpg

Sadly, nearly all of the carts are the ones that wont screw open, and yeah I haven't thought of the most effective way to get the goop from the disposables(suggestions?)

I do have some basic tools, and not trying to immediately use brute force and break everything. I'm thinking that these cart's are a bit different (well no shit, they wont open). lol,

Will be using rubbing alcohol and a silicone dish again. Hopefully I'll be able to yield a nice gooberly glob of goodness!

Will share pictures later when I get started.

Throw in 30 crack stems to have a good-ol new years past

I would mate but yo momma aint answering the phone. Tell her to get off that dick and give me a call.

Anyways, anyone else have any valuable suggestions?

I would mate but yo momma aint answering the phone. Tell her to get off that dick and give me a call.

Anyways, anyone else have any valuable suggestions?
@D's I have a lot that won't open too. I dunno if soaking them in alcohol does any good.

Reactions: Ds
Maybe cut them open from the inhale side so you don't cut the battery and start a fire, and see how far down the oil chamber is, then scrape what you can

Or look up the model and search Google for "model + battery" and see if you can find a diagram. It could just be a small circle battery instead of a AAA so you'll know where not to cut it open

Maybe cut them open from the inhale side so you don't cut the battery and start a fire, and see how far down the oil chamber is, then scrape what you can

Or look up the model and search Google for "model + battery" and see if you can find a diagram. It could just be a small circle battery instead of a AAA so you'll know where not to cut it open

@D's I have a lot that won't open too. I dunno if soaking them in alcohol does any good.

i'm thinking yal are talking about the disposable ones? yea i was going to save those for last because what u said @Electrum1 . I don't want to use tinsnips on it and it blowup on me. because i've had them get pretty warm on me. If I can like either separate the battery from the tank , or just submerge the tank in rubbing alcohol and just keep agitating the distillate, i mean i'll use a syringe with a fine needle , and if i can put a hole in the clear cover on the other side of the tank.

now with the carts,,, since I cant open them. I'll have to break them open some how, or break the plastic without it sharding into a hundred pieces.

i kinda liked how last time in the rubbing alcohol, it all came together when it all dried. was like a fun little hobby, watching sea monkees or something lmao.

If you smash up the glass/plastic you can just pour the alcohol you soak it in through a coffee filter into that green silicon thing so you don't get any shards in your oil

If you smash up the glass/plastic you can just pour the alcohol you soak it in through a coffee filter into that green silicon thing so you don't get any shards in your oil
ok break this down for me,
so smash the carts soak in rubbin alcohol in the silicone thing, and strain it through a coffee filter?
I don't think that will work, I fought with enough broken glass in the previous way. I think I had even got glass in my finger, and that paint melted into goo, so I cannot soak them (well, the old ones from before I couldn't soak.

I've never popped one of these before, and kind of hesitant before I go and start smashing and squeezing with grips over something where I don't accidently bust it into shards.
These might be plastic, like really hard plastic. If u look at the old carts, those were actual weed carts, where these are hemp. (not sure if it matters really),
Still, there has to be a more 'flush' way to get goop n get gone.

When I used to do it, for the clear cartridges, I just cracked the glass and then put everything including the metal ends into a glass cup, and soaked in alcohol and shook/sat until the pieces were clean and alcohol was yellow/gold color, then poured it through a coffee filter into another glass, then on to a plate, but in your case that green thing, then just threw away the filter full of clean glass and cartridge pieces

Yeah definitely don't soak the painted throwaway vape pens. I'd try to find a way to get them open and scrape what you can out of there into a pile on parchment paper or silicone. There may not be much in those

When I used to do it, for the clear cartridges, I just cracked the glass and then put everything including the metal ends into a glass cup, and soaked in alcohol and shook/sat until the pieces were clean and alcohol was yellow/gold color, then poured it through a coffee filter into another glass, then on to a plate, but in your case that green thing, then just threw away the filter full of clean glass and cartridge pieces

Yeah definitely don't soak the painted throwaway vape pens. I'd try to find a way to get them open and scrape what you can out of there into a pile on parchment paper or silicone. There may not be much in those
damn that sounds easy enough. What do you do with the coffee filter once all said and done? will the 'sap' be super thick and too gooey to even manage to go thought the coffee filter?
Maybe I am missing something, and I think I have the science down, just getting there. Like what did u use to break them? which side did u break first? do u remove glass and all, the middle piece? what about broken pieces like some shatter into like a dozen sharp ass pieces of glass ? that is my main concern but times 100, and I cant grasp the coffee filter concept.
Can you smoke the coffee filter afterword's? lol

A little bit will end up on the coffee filter but not much, it'll all go through it with the alcohol. You can just pour a little more alcohol through the filter to get any that is still on the filter.

If you have a metal cup you can just put the carts in it and smash them up with something then put alcohol in it and shake around for 30 minutes or so, then put the coffee filter on top of another cup, maybe use a rubber band to hold it, and pour it through that, then pour the second filtered cup into that green silicone thing you have, then let it evaporate.

damn that sounds easy enough. What do you do with the coffee filter once all said and done? will the 'sap' be super thick and too gooey to even manage to go thought the coffee filter?
Maybe I am missing something, and I think I have the science down, just getting there. Like what did u use to break them? which side did u break first? do u remove glass and all, the middle piece? what about broken pieces like some shatter into like a dozen sharp ass pieces of glass ? that is my main concern but times 100, and I cant grasp the coffee filter concept.
Can you smoke the coffee filter afterword's? lol
@D's I always heard filter dope was the best.

Lol :cheer:
:rofl:
Ah.. Shit I'm tripping.

• Love