• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates best way to get weed oil from a used cart.

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Hi fellow stoners,
I know someone might have asked the same question previously but I think with the war in Ukraine then a new 'best way to get & use empty cart oil'

So the mouth part of mine comes off, just not the other end that goes into the battery. It'll spin , and rotate the thing in the middle (long white thing heehee), but wont actually pull it out (that's what she said btw)

I've got tools, and sadly I broke one and got weed oil cart glass all in the carpet, and it isn't a good look digging in the carpet for so called 'weed oil cart glass', lmao

Tools I have are like tab tool,
torch,
plyers,
a cut in half silicone bracelet
wrench
did i say torch?
i have 2 of those then.
and an altoids case (or would a small plastic case work best)
local smoke shop didn't have actual silicone holder things for the oil , they did have a silicone pipe, but it was expensive.... and id only be using the top part that actually covers the bowl, lmao not the bowl it's self.

these pics are huge so I put a spoiler on them, any ideas would be great.

Av5BTgf.jpg

21Ocpys.jpg

Oc5jsTd.jpg

oh and here is this one too. :(
mzCJM2R.jpg

I want to add that if torch it to long on the inside, like torch kinda aimed going into the hole (hehe) then itl make it where the paint comes off(the white stuff (heehee). so dunno.

Last edited:
I use 70% isopropyl alcohol.

Just pop the tops of all your cartridges, place the cartridges in a ceramic or pyrex bowl, and then pour enough isopropanol in to submerge the carts.

Check back in a few hours and hopefully all of the THC will have dissolved. If not stir it up and check back later.

Once all the THC has dissolved from the carts you can remove the cartridges and dispose of them.

Now all you need to do is evaporate the alcohol. I normally use a double boiler setup for this on a lower heat setting. You can use the oven just make sure that it's set low. Like 180 degrees F.

When it's dry you will have a layer of THC in the bottom of the bowl. Scrape it up and then either smoke it or dab it.

Just pop the tops of all your cartridges, place the cartridges in a ceramic or pyrex bowl, and then pour enough isopropanol in to submerge the carts.

Check back in a few hours and hopefully all of the THC will have dissolved. If not stir it up and check back later.

Once all the THC has dissolved from the carts you can remove the cartridges and dispose of them.

Now all you need to do is evaporate the alcohol. I normally use a double boiler setup for this on a lower heat setting. You can use the oven just make sure that it's set low. Like 180 degrees F.

When it's dry you will have a layer of THC in the bottom of the bowl. Scrape it up and then either smoke it or dab it.
That's what I always did but I used 91% iso and I just let it dry for a few days on a flat plate then scrape with a razor blade. Every time I used heat I messed it up and it tasted different.

That's what I always did but I used 91% iso and I just let it dry for a few days on a flat plate then scrape with a razor blade. Every time I used heat I messed it up and it tasted different.
Fans that blow air can cut down the room temperature evaporation times significantly! Especially if you use 99% methanol instead of isopropanol. (Methanol has a much lower boiling point and therefore it will evaporate faster).

Okay so I am trying to fallow.
Soooo went to Walmart and saw they had these silicone baking tray things and i thought to my self if something like that would work inplace of pyrex or something.?
Anyways..

So i pop the mouth pieces off of all the carts, and plop them down into whatever I choose to use, as long as it isn't something that would like spontaneously catch fire.

Then just kinda keep checking in on it, agitating them? Like stirring it with a silicone spatula or something? (Maybe ill have something on the spatula to dab o.o).

Then once all the carts are solid clear, like there is no noticible oil is when i pop it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees right?
Is there a time frame?
Like I've got an issue where a kid whom should be in school is fucking here all day, so Id have to like act casual like im baking I dunno ginger snaps or something and they can only bake at like 180 degrees.
How long? Or is it based on the amount of alcohol?

What if the baking option is out of the question, and I really don't want to smoke any more dirt and dust then what I already smoke.

Put the dish or whatever under a fan with an airfilter on the back of the fan to lower the dust being sucked through and just stick it under it?

I always just removed all the plastic bits and then heated them while holding it with pliers, waited till it was liquified then dumped it out onto a knife or whatever

not the best way, iso is probably better

my quick method is to stick a paperclip down into the air hole, scrape around, then scrape it off onto a knife, I usually get a few hits doing this from a few carts, quick method, but mostly only works if you vape at lower temps, it condenses inside the air pipe part. I have gathered about .3g doing this to 10 empty carts, it's tedious tho in large scale

also, if you use paperclips in the air hole and poke down too far you can break the cart (it pushes the wick out of its socket and renders it useless)

Okay so I am trying to fallow.
Soooo went to Walmart and saw they had these silicone baking tray things and i thought to my self if something like that would work inplace of pyrex or something.?
Anyways..

So i pop the mouth pieces off of all the carts, and plop them down into whatever I choose to use, as long as it isn't something that would like spontaneously catch fire.

Then just kinda keep checking in on it, agitating them? Like stirring it with a silicone spatula or something? (Maybe ill have something on the spatula to dab o.o).

Then once all the carts are solid clear, like there is no noticible oil is when i pop it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees right?
Is there a time frame?
Like I've got an issue where a kid whom should be in school is fucking here all day, so Id have to like act casual like im baking I dunno ginger snaps or something and they can only bake at like 180 degrees.
How long? Or is it based on the amount of alcohol?

What if the baking option is out of the question, and I really don't want to smoke any more dirt and dust then what I already smoke.

Put the dish or whatever under a fan with an airfilter on the back of the fan to lower the dust being sucked through and just stick it under it?
It doesn't take real long for the alcohol to clean out the carts if you shake/stir it around, maybe 10 min unless the oil is super thick. The way I do it, the longest wait is for the alcohol to evaporate. I just pour it on a plate or Pyrex dish and put it inside a cabinet in the dark for ~48 hours where it won't collect much dust and nobody knows its even there. Using heat to speed up the evaporation works, but from my experience it tastes different, still probably got me just as high tho unless I burned it with a ton of heat trying to speed up the process.

Those silicone sheets are awesome for dealing with oil, but idk if it'll work with reclaiming oil from carts using alcohol. Maybe if you make a bowl shape out of it so nothing spills, but, flat plates work fine for me. I hope you recover a lot.

I've just smashed the carts before, lol, and then soaked everything in alcohol and poured through a coffee filter to filter the glass out, then poured more alcohol through the filter once it dried to get most of the rest of the oil, but that's a last resort.

If they're glass
you can simmer a buncha them in milk ...

I did four of them one time was some heavy duty hot cocoa

If they're glass
you can simmer a buncha them in milk ...

I did four of them one time was some heavy duty hot cocoa
I'm not trying to overdose the neighbors cat. We will save the weed milk for cats discussion for another day.

I always just removed all the plastic bits and then heated them while holding it with pliers, waited till it was liquified then dumped it out onto a knife or whatever

not the best way, iso is probably better

my quick method is to stick a paperclip down into the air hole, scrape around, then scrape it off onto a knife, I usually get a few hits doing this from a few carts, quick method, but mostly only works if you vape at lower temps, it condenses inside the air pipe part. I have gathered about .3g doing this to 10 empty carts, it's tedious tho in large scale

also, if you use paperclips in the air hole and poke down too far you can break the cart (it pushes the wick out of its socket and renders it useless)
Tedious, tedious tedious tittyess(.)(.)

Digging in the carpet for weed oil bits of glass brought back some fond memories. Then heating and cooling and letting it lean at a degrees (tilt it in a little dab collector thing) and keep rotating it they said.

I think ima do the alcohol trick, saw some cupcake silicone baking tray things at the dollar store, considering its silicone it should atleast make my job somewhat easier when the last step comes.

I'll have to let it air dry, like in my closet, with a fan going on it.

The lady mentioned a heating pad? If i like rolled em in it, or like fucking jerryrig a heating pad to the wall and duct tape those sons of bitches but that shit is coming out.

I'm not trying to overdose the neighbors cat. We will save the weed milk for cats discussion for another day.
Its the easiest way to get all the out of em'

unless youre unsure adout the ol-cow-phlegm thing
Just add cocoa & brown sugar

Strong lungs from having to keep coughing up the cowphlegm residuals
Hey bub,
Has ' The State' awarded you a disability check yet?
You qualify for it now that's for damn sure.
I'd go and try to tell you jokes to them so at least you might make some kind of $ in the process.
I hear the view is nice from a government subsidized living high-rise this time after taking psych medication.
---------

Back on track,

I'm going to try the alcohol trick to about 4-5 of these. I found a silicone 1 cup scooper in the drawer, so going to not like fill it all the way up, but like you all mentioned ( @Electrum1 , @simstim & @Negentropic ). Going to try and create, well, a concentrate. & The phrase 'adding to much iso' doesn't sound very concentratee' to me, so going to use that 1 cup silicone scooper and go from there.

If you increase the surface area it will dry faster.

As in, if you use a pyrex baking dish or bowl for evaporation (anything shallow and wide) it's going to evaporate at a rate many times faster than a 1 cup measuring scoop due to the greater air exchange from the larger surface area.

I use a bowl like you would eat cereal out of so it will float in my double boiler setup.

All that's necessary to evaporate the alcohol then is to fill a large pot with water, float the bowl in the pot on top of the water, and turn the stove on.

I like the double boiler because you get very fine control over the temperature because the alcohol (and the THC) will never get hotter than the water in the pot.

The alcohol will evaporate very quickly via this method. Warning!! Your whole house, and especially your kitchen, are going to reek of alcohol fumes.

If the water starts boiling, it's too hot!