• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best video games while tripping?

Skyrim is quite the experience when being under the influence of a psychedelic. I've tripped allot of times on 2C-B and just walked around in awe through the open world and crawled in fear and aware under the earth in the dark dungeons with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other fighting monstrous beasts and feeling like a hero. Never been so emersed into a video game.

What i cannot recommend is DPT and Fallout 4. It's way too dark and twisted to enjoyed with a strong psychedelic. At some point fear arose and I took an ace in the hand trying to slaughter my way through hordes of fiends. That was the point where the trip took a spiral downwards. Luckily i had some Etizolam at hand and mediated until i were good again.

Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4!

Open world, messy, super fun to explore “boring“ areas of the game.
Funny, though, that when tripping, i put my guns away and just sprint around!

See, open games are amazing on PDs, not at all like older, more boxed-in games.
Having nearly limitless choice fits when tripping.

I find Super Smash Brothers Melee to be ridiculous on any drug including alcohol.. I credit 80% efficiency at that game to the drugs I used and the insights I gained there in!

Warcraft at 5 am.. after all my buzzes are cooling..

Curse of the Azure Bonds, Pool of Radiance, Dark Castle.
Awesome games from early 90s, black and white, tiny screen but comes alive on acid!

Did anyone out there play Mummy’s Curse or Mystery House text adventures?

Go North.
You move North. There is a shovel here.
Get Shovel.
You now have a shovel.
Dig.
You cannot dig here.
Go East.
You move East. There is a pyramid here.

No, but I played a game called Dragonrealms, which was a full-text online multiplayer RPG. Best game I ever played, by far, no contest. Started playing it in the AOL days when it was a free game only on AOL. Then it moved to the actual Internet and I kept playing for many years. Xorkoth is my character's name from there.

Personally video games are not at all what I want to be doing while tripping, that sounds boring as fuck. But then again I don't play video games anymore... I used to be obsessed with video games until I went to college, but it just seems like a waste of time to me now.

You're aware that LSD is stimulating, right? I wouldn't drink that monster. Also 400ug of LSD is a really high dose, you probably don't have 400ug if you're able to play video games on it. Lots of dealers and places on the Internet greatly mis-advertise their LSD. Most people claiming to take that kind of dose are saying they've got 200ug hits, which is incredibly rare in reality. Most LSD hits are 100ug at most, if you get them on the street they're usually 60-80 if you're lucky.
Yeah it is extremely difficult to function normally on 250ug of LSD. I played chess against a computer on 250ug but it was at the very start of the trip before the peak and before I really started tripping very, very, very hard and I still played chess horribly. Go outside instead but do not drive.

I used to enjoy playing old Atari and Nintendo games while stoned on cannabis at night or when it was raining outside like Final Fantasy 1, Mario brothers 1, 2, and 3, the first dragon warrior, and others. For Atari I would play E.T., Yars' revenge, and desert falcon.

Ya, agreed.
Game tripping is best done on threshold doses, for me at least.
It just adds a bit of sparkle and novelty.
Any more and I'm spiralling around in a corner, lost and confused at the purpose of the game.
Or I forget it's a game, and go outside!!!
The bush is the place to be for me when tripping, or an industrial park - the polar opposite.

Gaming while tripping can be quite an experience. For a start, something visually captivating like "Journey" might be nice. At the peak, "Tetris Effect" for its mesmerizing visuals. And during the comedown, something chills like "Stardew Valley" can keep the good vibes going. Here (CS2), you can get extra features or skins. Enjoy your journey!

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun playing open ttd on acid, the old textures look cool. counterstrike is good on the come down when your able to function.

C'mon, nobody mentioned Tetris yet? It's probably great while tripping on other platforms too, but Tetris on a PC with Windows 98 or whatever was great while tripping because the four arrow keys on the keyboard only needed one hand. Pinball was fun too but Tetris was better