• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best video games while tripping?

If anyone's a fan of retro games LSD: Dream Emulator is perfect. I'm not sure there's even a plot to the game, if anyone figures it out let me know! As far as I can tell it was made for tripping, all you do is explore the strange world of LSD and vanish into different pixelated crevices at random. You don't need a PS1 to play it, there's plenty of ROMs.

That videogame seems like the perfect ticket to badtripland.

That videogame seems like the perfect ticket to badtripland.

Yeah, I can definitely seeing it going both ways, much like tripping itself8o

While tripping sandbox types or open ended casual games jive well I find. I remember playing Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life once upon a time on mushrooms, I never knew I could feel such deep connections to the NPCs and that little virtual valley. Tending to my animals, watering my plants and just perusing around Forget-Me-Not valley to the cheery sounds of Japanese midis and Gustafa's acoustic guitar lullabies felt pretty spiritual. Some not exactly exciting games can become pretty immersive under the influence of psychedelics, I tend to enjoy roaming around virtual worlds rather than sticking to a plot when my minds an open book%)

i played diablo 3 on 100mcg of eth-lad once and it was pretty fun until i went to the toilet and visuals were totally outta control.

Grand theft auto and other open world games have been a mainstay for me while tripping for years now. Having an open world to fool around with is a blast, especially on high doses. Nothing better than candy flipping and spawning a bunch of dragons in skyrim through the command line! Racing games are super fun too but its easy to get lost in the menus lol.

The remasterd NaturalVision mod for GTAV is crazy. Makes the game worthy of another playthru.

Personally video games are not at all what I want to be doing while tripping, that sounds boring as fuck. But then again I don't play video games anymore... I used to be obsessed with video games until I went to college, but it just seems like a waste of time to me now.

The Monster was intended to give me enough energy to even move lol

You're aware that LSD is stimulating, right? I wouldn't drink that monster. Also 400ug of LSD is a really high dose, you probably don't have 400ug if you're able to play video games on it. Lots of dealers and places on the Internet greatly mis-advertise their LSD. Most people claiming to take that kind of dose are saying they've got 200ug hits, which is incredibly rare in reality. Most LSD hits are 100ug at most, if you get them on the street they're usually 60-80 if you're lucky.

Personally video games are not at all what I want to be doing while tripping, that sounds boring as fuck.

Bruh, what!? Video games are trippy as shit, its like stepping into another reality but knowing youre still in yours so youre hyper threading realities. Imagination off the charts.

Last edited:
There's a post started on this not too long ago, but if you have a PS4 Everyone's gone to the rapture was an amazing game whilst tripping, skyrims pretty cool too but i end up wandering around more than doing quests, did 200ug Eth Lad the other day and played call of duty remastered with some old friends and played surprisingly better online than I've ever done before

I'm really just not need to waste my trip on a TV screen though, every now and then I'm guilty of it :p

Ive never understood this concept of a "wasted" trip. The only way I can see that happening is dosing and immediately falling asleep for the entirety of the effects.

Ive never understood this concept of a "wasted" trip. The only way I can see that happening is dosing and immediately falling asleep for the entirety of the effects.
Well, not necessarily "wasted" per se. I just want to bring something out of every trip and sitting in front of the TV just doesn't do it for me, guess i have that old 60's mentality :)

I've had tons of fun with The Stanley Parable last two times I was tripping alone at home at night. Highly recommend it to anyone willing to explore, read and indulge in philosophical thinking - its the videogame that will make you think what the Game is, and the longer you play the more of a pattern you'll see emerging out of it. :D
Last time I played it, I ingested 18mg of 4-HO-MET, 18mg of 4-HO-EPT, 18mg of Methallylescaline and 18 mg of Proscaline. What a deep euphoric trip that was - full of insights on human life, relationships, the meaning of games and human pleasures, the meaning of death itself - all was all revealed at me during the four hours I spent playing this game. It was a good combo too! ;)

Well you don't have to spend your whole trip playing videogames or filmwatching, it's something I tend to do on comedowns as I love high doses so trying to make sense of anything that is not my own mind or music is a hard task while peaking ;) no need to "waste" the trip at all (something that is really subjective though, I mainly trip for recreation nowadays).

Xorkoth that comment disapoints me, do you also think watching a film or reading a book is a waste of time? We are lucky to live on a time where a lot of videogames can be apreciated and seen as another form of art :)

Talking about videogames as art, a few weeks ago I played "What Remains of Edith Finch" on the comedown of a 4-ho-met trip and I couldn't stop playing until I finished it (really short narrative driven game of about 2'5h long). A masterpiece I will love and remind forever, putting it over any new film I watched on the last years (the film-making industry is really a shitty place nowadays :( )

Talking about videogames as art, a few weeks ago I played "What Remains of Edith Finch" on the comedown of a 4-ho-met trip and I couldn't stop playing until I finished it (really short narrative driven game of about 2'5h long). A masterpiece I will love and remind forever, putting it over any new film I watched on the last years (the film-making industry is really a shitty place nowadays :( )

Thank you for the suggestion MSK, it sounds like another good one I'll definitely enjoy! Walking stories videogames are really good for tripping alone at home, 4-HO-MET, 4-Aco-MET and 4-HO-EPT are the best for gaming IME, especially if combined with some phenethylamine! :)

I also fully agree on the quality of the latest cinema - its quite played out and cheaply made. :|

Yume Nikki... it's a very eerie and mysterious game made with rpg maker featuring wonderful droning music and vast infinitely looping landscapes populated with unnerving creatures. All around a surreal and unnerving yet relaxing game. I play it often when I'm caught in a relentless trip and have run out of things to do and I just want to time the experience out.

You're aware that LSD is stimulating, right? I wouldn't drink that monster. Also 400ug of LSD is a really high dose, you probably don't have 400ug if you're able to play video games on it. Lots of dealers and places on the Internet greatly mis-advertise their LSD. Most people claiming to take that kind of dose are saying they've got 200ug hits, which is incredibly rare in reality. Most LSD hits are 100ug at most, if you get them on the street they're usually 60-80 if you're lucky.

A good point of course, but also why it is important to test first. I had some cid which was advertised as 200ug and was fine; able to handle two tabs quite comfortably. Used them all up and then got some more 200ug tabs; I wanted to have a milder trip so I took half: that half tab was stronger than a full tab of the previous alleged 200ug tabs!

Yume Nikki... it's a very eerie and mysterious game made with rpg maker featuring wonderful droning music and vast infinitely looping landscapes populated with unnerving creatures. All around a surreal and unnerving yet relaxing game.
^^^ Very good recommendation, I like it a lot, thank you, Nervewing! ;)

I love the 'fallout' series games whilst tripping. They are RPG isometric perspective games, or the first few in the series were. Featuring skillset customization, bloody violence thats presented in a hilariously humorous way, along with funny as shit jokes in the text part galore.

Also the X-com series: UFO-enemy unknown, terror from the deep, apocalypse.

Doom 3 was classic on dissociatives. Really fucked up though, having demons jumping out at you from dark corners trying to rip off your face, always desparate for ammo, always ready to whip out that 12-gauge and cut loose in the face of a fireball-belching hell-imp blowing hellspawn brain matter over the walls, or unleashing a burst of superheated plasma bolts from your full-automatic plasma rifle into the face of (not that they HAVE much else than a face) tortured lost souls, coming at you screaming, to bite at you, whilst they burn in their own hell-fire and shriek. (and thats BEFORE you unleash your plasma rifle burst into their ugly mug. Or head-shotting a grossly, morbidly obese, tentacle-faced pair of mancubi with a rocket-launcher with a satisfying meaty SBPLORRRSHKHGH aARRRRGLHHHGHNKKH! sort of noise as their heads explode in a bloody mess of hellfire.) Doom 3 is fucked up sober. tripping its REALLY fucked up.

This isn't a conventional video game, but it's kind of like a text based exploration game. Might be fun to explore when tripping, I haven't tried to yet, but check it out if it sounds like your cup of tea( http://www.yourworldoftext.com/~InfraRaven/ ). There's more than one user-created world so you just have to click on the home button to go to the starting world.

Last edited: