• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc best sleep meds

but here the most prescribed is clonazepam, the second best seller of all, even though it is controlled, it only loses to a contraceptive.

I've tried zolpidem, zopiclone, seroquel, anti-histamines and yada-yada.
Been an insomniac since I before I learned how to tugg my dick.

The best I've had was GHB, hands down. That shit KNOCKED me out. Halcion aswell, but they're hella expensive here, like 10 bucks a pop.
Roofies worked aswell, but those are sneaky little devils, and I'd rather not take more benzos than I do.

Beside drugs, late night running and my punching bag - I either running until my bones shiver, my lungs hurt, my stomach violently empties itself on the trail or I beat the shit out of that bag, punch and kick until my hooks are more like tender strokes across a lovers cheek and my chin hurts from kicking it.
When I don't have drugs to sleep, I run until I feel like I'm standing at deaths door or I punch like I'm standing at deaths door.
Probably not the solution you want though.

Kratom worked pretty well for also. If I hadn't been an ex-heroin addict I might have continued using that, but sometimes the Red strains felt so morphine-like I could hear the monkey on my back planning the relapse. Too much temptation for me.
But if kratom is legal where you live, I'd mos def give it a go.

Good luck man

Edit; Oh, an the champ of champs for putting me to sleep - cannabis.
I was a wake and bake toke-mtrfckr for 8 years, but now I just use it if I'm tripping or it's an "emergency" - I have to sleep early for a meeting, a flight, a -whatever.
I love cannabis but it truly sucks all of my motiviation out of me. Took me seven years to realise it, but I can't handle cannabis.
Took me over a year to quit, I ain't picking up that daily habit again.

Last edited:
IMHO the best Rx insomnia med would be Ambien 10mg. If you are concerned about using a potentially addictive medication, I would like to endorse Melatonin for an over the counter solution for insomnia. Best of luck to you

Seroquel is a good knockout drop I use it periodically as I've found that after a week or so it stops working for me my dosage is 100mg to 300mg, same story with zyprexa.
Weed is another go to for a good night's sleep but only when smoked occasionally.
Then there's the benzos, Temazepam 10mg to 30 mg, seropax 30mg to 90mg, Valium 50mg, Alprazolam 2mg to 6mg (depending on tolerance) OTC doxcilimine if you don't use benzos..
Failing all that a decent shot of heroin is gonna give you a warm chemical blanket and happy sleeping. Nothing worse than not getting enough good sleep I would advise starting from the top of this post and work your way down the list.

Seroquel or another low dose antipsychotic with a similar profile; essentially you want one which at low doses causes histamine antagonism but none or very little of the dopamine mediated antipsychotic effects

Also my partner recently started melatonin and it’s been very effective for him

Last edited:
well im gonna call my primary care doctor and set up an apt hopefully they will if not ill try to get an apt with a therapist and tell them my issue and that really need something good for sleep

iv taken seraquel in the past seemed to work for a little bit but prob due to me being on such a low dose hoping i can get lunesta

Seroquel or another low dose antipsychotic with a similar profile; essentially you want one which at low doses causes histamine antagonism but none or very little of the dopamine mediated antipsychotic effects

Also my partner recently started melatonin and it’s been very effective for him

un fortunately that doesnt work for me if it was regular insomnia maybe but due to drug withdrawal insomnia sadly seems to be a different story

$35 equals 170 reals? Wow your money is not worth much no offense.
35 kuwaiti dinar equals 115 dollars, 35 British pounds equals 48 dollars, 35 euros equals 43 dollars, it could go on for a few more lines ... USD doesn't sound like its worth a whole lot in that context either 😆

Nobody mentioned pregsbalin (brand name Lyrica). If you can control yourself and take it maximum 2 times weekly it is a great sleeping med. 50 Cents. :)

Im my opinion. In the long run something non addictive pike quetiapine low dose 50 to 100mg. Per night works wonders.

Obviously for short term onoy 1 or 2 weeks max then a low dose benzodiazepine... but neber more than that as u dont wanna be addicted.

Personally i take 100mg quetaipine (seroquel) eveerynight and it works tje same still now a year down the line. Obviously not as in your fave effective as first time. I rememeber that i took 3 25mg quetiapine and 20min later i was like fuck me get.me.to bed lol planted the bed and snoored lol

Dand

Edit tk add . Maybe quetiapine js addictive bit no where near like benzodiapines..... and much better long term.option. here in the uk can get it easy on script.

Dont take anymore than 100mg as it doesnt work fkr sleep then jt changes and works as a anti phycotic...

Low dose = sleep (25mg - 100mg)
Higher dose = anti-phycotic ... gpod mood stabaliser.

Dandy

Im my opinion. In the long run something non addictive pike quetiapine low dose 50 to 100mg. Per night works wonders.

Obviously for short term onoy 1 or 2 weeks max then a low dose benzodiazepine... but neber more than that as u dont wanna be addicted.

Personally i take 100mg quetaipine (seroquel) eveerynight and it works tje same still now a year down the line. Obviously not as in your fave effective as first time. I rememeber that i took 3 25mg quetiapine and 20min later i was like fuck me get.me.to bed lol planted the bed and snoored lol

Dand

Edit tk add . Maybe quetiapine js addictive bit no where near like benzodiapines..... and much better long term.option. here in the uk can get it easy on script.

Dont take anymore than 100mg as it doesnt work fkr sleep then jt changes and works as a anti phycotic...

Low dose = sleep (25mg - 100mg)
Higher dose = anti-phycotic ... gpod mood stabaliser.

Dandy
When I first got put back on quetiapine in rehab, they would make me take it in the dinner pill line and so I’d be literally nodding out upright in my chair in the groups after dinner. Everyone thought I was on dope lol, but the truth was they’d put me back on meds secretly after insisting I come off because the rehab was a “medication free zone”

I had became suicidal halfway through treatment and they rushed me to the local crisis team to get me back on meds haha.

they claimed (the counsellors, there were no actual medical professionals in this place as with most 12 step based programmes) when I entered treatment that all my enduring pre-drug use mental health problems were actually caused by my addiction and they would all just go away like magic.

Like trump, when he said COVID will just disappear!

Last edited:
When I first got put back on quetiapine in rehab, they would make me take it in the dinner pill line and so I’d be literally nodding out upright in my chair in the groups after dinner. Everyone thought I was on dope lol, but the truth was they’d put me back on meds secretly after insisting I come off because the rehab was a “medication free zone”

I had became suicidal halfway through treatment and they rushed me to the local crisis team to get me back on meds haha.

they claimed (the counsellors, there were no actual medical professionals in this place as with most 12 step based programmes) when I entered treatment that all my enduring pre-drug use mental health problems were actually caused by my addiction and they would all just go away like magic.

Like trump, when he said COVID will just disappear!
That’s common in a lot of rehabs. The more into the 12 steps they are, the more they see mental health problems as ‘moral defects’. I’ve been to plenty of AA meetings where I was judged for using psychiatric problems as an excuse for my failings as a person. Then they treated my taking anti-
psychotics as a form of using.

They did help me get temporarily sober but only until my mental health declined again and I went manic.

when i was at a rehab some AA ppl came for a guest meeting and said aa is only for ppl with alchol problems, i was like whats the difference what u use if ur trying to get sober, long story short they never came back 90% of ppl in rehab are there for drugs not alchol, but not all aa meetings/ ppl are like that, some ppl just dont see the similarities, as long as ur trying to get sober it shouldn't matter what substance u use as long as ur seeking help, but i habe gome to some good aa meetings the best ones are the ones with young ppl and old

when i was at a rehab some AA ppl came for a guest meeting and said aa is only for ppl with alchol problems, i was like whats the difference what u use if ur trying to get sober, long story short they never came back 90% of ppl in rehab are there for drugs not alchol, but not all aa meetings/ ppl are like that, some ppl just dont see the similarities, as long as ur trying to get sober it shouldn't matter what substance u use as long as ur seeking help, but i habe gome to some good aa meetings the best ones are the ones with young ppl and old
I don’t have real statistics but I reckon a good portion of those 90 % of people needing rehab are poly-addicted people with underlying mental health issues and a history of childhood trauma.

A lot of alcoholics just never had the opportunity to do other drugs. All people with substance abuse problems are pretty similar. Alcoholics aren’t special no matter what the AA old timers and lifers think.

curious in you guys opinions whats the best sleep meds you can get

im struggling with insomnia atm it shouldnt las very log like a month prob but only getting 2-4 hours a night and taking trazodone currently but trazodone makes e very groggy and doesnt keep me asleep atm i heard ambien is amazing but basically impossible to get but lunesta is good .

issue is in my file i got on trazodone for sleep due to methadone withdrawal so they are weird now about giving me anything which sucks cause if i truly wanted to abuse something it wouldnt be sleep meds need the to have good quality of life
Zyprexa (olanzapine), Seroquel (quetiapine), benzodiazepines, Z-drugs, Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Doxylamine.

actually got my hands on some lunesta last night got 5 3mg pills it didnt seem to do that great idk got 6 hours sleep still feel bit tired

i took it at 12.30 and finally fell asleep at 3 pm so took like double the length of my trazodone which surprised me