• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc best scripted sleep medication?

Have you ever tried to find a way to sleep without medicine? Sometimes medicine isnt necceasry........i always found alcohol to be my method of passing out..(not good) but everyone is different im just saying take a medicine that isnt bad for ya if you need a good nights rest

Alcohol for insomnia is a baaaaaad idea. Especially if you have a substance abuse problem. You might be able to have a beer or two before bed. But I know for me I could not stop until all the booze I had in my house was empty or I passed out, whichever came first.

Tizanadine (zanaflex) you know how you and me have pretty similar stories. Well I told me doc about how for 1 I wasn't sleeping and for 2 my subutex worked great for my addiction but it was really starting to falter for my pain. I also said that I was hoping to get off of valium (which I am down to 7.5/day next month should be 5/day) so he wrote me this. Essentially when I take it orally I get sleep, I get relief from my pain, and it makes my subutex a bit strong. Then you know how I allow myself on the weekend to snort one of my doses? Well I read this could be snorted along with the subutex and turn it into something else. I swear I snorted 2 mg (I normally swallow 4) and I felt like I was no shit on a very high dose of some heavy body load pure opiate agonist. My pupils went fucking PINPOINT, I was really nodding (not just fake synergy nodding) like real opiate nods, and my face itched like a mother fucker. I could not believe what was happening I swear it felt like I was on a really strong morphine high. So I do that usually either friday or saturday nights and get the best sleep of my life and a stunning high. And the other days are just regular (sublingual/oral) which like I said still has great effects but snorting was unreal. I read that in Europe they shoot this combo for a true opiate rush. I wont go this far, after all I am in recovery lol but I believe it would based on what I felt with snorting alone. I am tempted to plug it because I always hated the idea of the method but couldn't deny how great it worked. So it is as close as I would get.

love this right here; not to mention I actually have tremors/seizures in my sleep, so all the better.

this will be brought up tomorrow and we'll see what happens. he might tell me to ask my Neurologist since I am bringing up sleeping/seizures/tremors, but I am hoping he just goes w/ the flow and scripts the MOFO!

just took 1MG xanny and ate another 4MG sub before bed tonight; just felt I needed something to cool me off.

I have a whacky day planned tomorrow and the anxiety gets to me already.

Ambien is the best hands down. I kicked it though when I quit benzos cause its pretty much an benzo.

but you're on subs? so are you kicking dope or oxy? cause being on withdraws can reaaaaaallllly fuck up sleep

Zopiclone works for me. It works for my dad too but he has to take a high dose, he's been insomniac for many years. He takes 15mg

dope. I am not withdrawing at all; I am still on 12MG's of subs. I feel great all day; I do wake up little EH in the morning but nothing I cant handle.

I have no intention on ever getting off subs; heroin has ruined my life for the past 12yrs. maybe even 14 if you want to count when I first started doing perc 5's and whatnot. so if subs are what kept me sane and keep me from doing the insane things I once did, then so be it. same to those who stay on methadone for life; its better than shooting dope for life.

dope. I am not withdrawing at all; I am still on 12MG's of subs. I feel great all day; I do wake up little EH in the morning but nothing I cant handle.

I have no intention on ever getting off subs; heroin has ruined my life for the past 12yrs. maybe even 14 if you want to count when I first started doing perc 5's and whatnot. so if subs are what kept me sane and keep me from doing the insane things I once did, then so be it. same to those who stay on methadone for life; its better than shooting dope for life.

true. Ive done subs, I really don't have a bad opie habbit and subs actually fuuuuuck me up. but yea man just be careful with ambien and shit benzos are addictive. Lol I see your username even hints about Boston being a dope city. A good bit of my family lives in Charlestown, Boston lol.

Clomethiazole. There is an oxazole analogue known which is slightly stronger and isn't so hard to form a stable salt with.

true. Ive done subs, I really don't have a bad opie habbit and subs actually fuuuuuck me up. but yea man just be careful with ambien and shit benzos are addictive. Lol I see your username even hints about Boston being a dope city. A good bit of my family lives in Charlestown, Boston lol.

wow man, Charleston is filled w/ dope. many places around here are filled w/ dope nowadays; if you watch the news all you hear about is how heroin has taken over Massachusetts and some towns will not even arrest those who turn themselves in w/ dope/needles but yet they will help them get clean and send them off to a rehab or program rather than arrest.

the dope around here is very hit or miss but in East Boston/north of Boston it has been a lot of fent in each shot and people are dropping left and right. in my own sick mind, I loved it, but I had to give up dope in general because it was ruining my life.. big surprise, right? ha. but sub/bupe has been saving my life thus far and I am grateful for that; yes, I did just use last week when I was in CA and use tar but I was w/ the GF and came up w/ the reasoning that it was tar so I had to give it a try.. sick addict mind right thurrrrr, ha. since I've been back I've been clean and feel great; everything has being going GREAT on my end, even w/ that use just last week. man, I lived one miserable fucking life at one point, which I am sure many of us have/still do on this board, but I am just happy to take that next step.

got my appt today w/ my Dr. @ 630 PM (guy just does a Apple face time call w/ me) so we'll see how this plays out. kinda funny how my sub Dr. legit does a 15 minute Apple face time call w/ me and considers that our "meeting". at the end of the call he asks, "OK, so what do we need for meds?".

16MG bupe
1600MG gaba (he actually took me off this and I was only on 800MG but I will ask to go back on). either way, I use gaba daily; its very popular on the streets in Boston for whatever reason; I guess a lot of Dr's have scripted these out to those coming from past addiction!? not sure why, but hey, I can get them all the time, so whatever.
and hopefully Tizanadine

I loved seroquel. It put me to sleep real easy, and I had wild lucid dreams about badass things....along the lines of piloting a helicopter for a T-rex who is shooting at triceratops out of the open side with a mounted machine gun. Unfortunately it caused me to gain weight...rapidly. Not to mention my liver doctor took me off of it because it was raising my readings to an extremely high level.

My doctor has me on temazepam (a benzo) but it doesn't work so I end up taking .5mg of xanax with it. I too am looking for something that is not a benzo to help me sleep. I have exhausted all the natural remedies, and taken most non benzo sleeping meds. Without meds, I get roughly 2-3 hours of sleep that is broken up by me waking up suddenly. so usually in 45 minute bursts.

I take Mirtazapine every night and it helps me sleep no matter what. It gives me a mild mood lift, with it being an antidepressant and all, and I get really solid sleep.

If you have a high tolerance than Ambien is your best choice.. its the strongest sleep aid u listed.. also the only controlled substance

Tizanadine (zanaflex) you know how you and me have pretty similar stories. Well I told me doc about how for 1 I wasn't sleeping and for 2 my subutex worked great for my addiction but it was really starting to falter for my pain. I also said that I was hoping to get off of valium (which I am down to 7.5/day next month should be 5/day) so he wrote me this. Essentially when I take it orally I get sleep, I get relief from my pain, and it makes my subutex a bit strong. Then you know how I allow myself on the weekend to snort one of my doses? Well I read this could be snorted along with the subutex and turn it into something else. I swear I snorted 2 mg (I normally swallow 4) and I felt like I was no shit on a very high dose of some heavy body load pure opiate agonist. My pupils went fucking PINPOINT, I was really nodding (not just fake synergy nodding) like real opiate nods, and my face itched like a mother fucker. I could not believe what was happening I swear it felt like I was on a really strong morphine high. So I do that usually either friday or saturday nights and get the best sleep of my life and a stunning high. And the other days are just regular (sublingual/oral) which like I said still has great effects but snorting was unreal. I read that in Europe they shoot this combo for a true opiate rush. I wont go this far, after all I am in recovery lol but I believe it would based on what I felt with snorting alone. I am tempted to plug it because I always hated the idea of the method but couldn't deny how great it worked. So it is as close as I would get.

I got scripted these; I mis-read these and ate 6MG's. I should have just snorted 2MG, ha.

we'll see how the 6MG's work.

I got scripted 2MG pills to start; he said if they dont work to just call by Friday and we will bounce it up to 4MG, or 6MG or even 8MG. well, I just ate 6MG, so lets see how it feels. tomorrow morning if I dont get much from this ill eat my bupe and sniff 2MG of this stuff.

so no benzos at all? what about lyrica? small dose of lyrica could help, or small dose of gabapentin could help.

w/ sleep?

I take 1600-3200MG gaba/day. these things get me FIRED UP! these are very popular in the Boston area since there are so many ex junkies in the area; there are days where ill take 3200MG and end up catching a nod because ill just be sitting by a computer or watching TV and nod off!

I've never tried Lyrica but doubt my Dr. would script me that for sleep; then again, he scripted gabapentin so why not, right? but lyrica tends to be more toward pain than sleep or anything like that.

I hate 6MG Tizanadine and snorted 2MG's and ate another 4MG of bupe on top of the 12MG I did this morning; I do feel kinda nice but ho the fuck nows at this point.