• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc best scripted sleep medication?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
been through a lot of sleep meds over the years but still have yet to find something that works for me and is actually able to knock me out. sure, if I take benzo of etizolam that does the trick but that LITTLE more than a sleep medication, ya know?! I dont want to pick up a benzo habit, again, just based on sleep.

seroquel
ambien
trazadone
doxypin
gabapentin
etc
etc
etc

I have a meeting w/ Dr. tomorrow and wondering if there is anything I should be asking for? something that will KNOCK ME OUT but not make me feel like complete shit in the morning. maybe thats asking for too much but just let me know if there is anything I should be asking for.

btw, I am also on 12MG bupe; just letting you know, incase there is a medicine that works well w/ the subs/bupe.

Forget the gabapentin! That shit gives me nightmares. Same as Seroquel.. stay away from those 2.

I have heard better things about Ambien and Trazadone.

Hope that helps.

I take gaba all the time but I use it as a day time drug; shit gets me going, man! if you take too many MG's you'll def. catch a nod.

seroquel actually helped the most out of all but I just wanted to get off the shit.

have bad experiences w/ Ambien; then again, I was looking to get fucked up; tripped my balls off on that shit and would have stuck in bed all day. the trazadone at this point in life is kinda like taking a advil.

Quetiapine/Seroquel... not addictive and will knock you out at the right dosage. Any addictive sleep meds are a big long road to a silly and regrettable idea.

Are you looking for one to take (dependence/withdrawals) or just one to use PRN

Last edited:
seroquel def. knocked me out at 100MG and I can still get them but I decided to go a different way and kinda regretting since then. again, the only thing that truly knocks me out is a benzo but last thing I want is to be addicted to benzos again, even at .5-1MG/xanny/night and go through fucking hell... again! been there, done that, I had enough, trust me.

I still have a shit load of seroquel left; only 50MG/pills. I used to be scripted 100/MG but when I asked for more gaba he dropped he thinking I would be switching back and forth; I just love the gaba as a day time drug since it kinda feels like an opiate to me in my sick mind. I take 2400/MG gaba during the day and there are times if I am sitting still for too long, or at a movie, or anything like that, I will catch a serious NOD! people tend to think right away I am back on dope; I dont even bother trying to explain.

Quetiapine/Seroquel... not addictive and will knock you out at the right dosage. Any addictive sleep meds are a big long road to a silly and regrettable idea.

Not true dude as Seroquel causes a awful rattle after even semi long term use, a lot of people cant handle the w/d and are stuck on it.

I took Serequol just twice in my life, both times for sleep, it gives me an ugly zombie like morning along with bad nightmares while asleep. It was so bad one time (got stabbed to death in a dream) while on that shit woke me up screaming.

Never again for me.

Ambien is a controlled substance, and is a benzo like sleep aid. Never had it. But a friend of mine says it works like a charm for sleep.

I would give the weaker ones a try 1st, so you don't get over medicated.

I would give Trazadone a try if I were you. Not a controlled substance and it just sounds cool,. and it has a user review rating of 7.6/10 on the drug website.. and over 450 reviews. not bad imo

Dalmane is a very strong sleep medication and I don't feel like shit after it in the morn, comes in 15mg or 30mg strength pills. I'm actually coming off seroquel at the moment, from 30mg down to 100 atm, w/do not too ba. XxxRachelxxx

Stay away from the Z-Drugs - Zolpidem (Ambien), Zopiclone (Lunesta) and Zaleplon (Sonata). They're referred to as "Nonbenzodiazepines" because they mimic the pharmacological action of benzos while having a different chemical structure (if you wanted to be anal about it, even thienodiazepines like Etizolam could be counted as "nonbenzodiazepines").

I would give the weaker ones a try 1st, so you don't get over medicated.

I would give Trazadone a try if I were you. Not a controlled substance and it just sounds cool,. and it has a user review rating of 7.6/10 on the drug website.. and over 450 reviews. not bad imo
you didnt read what I wrote, huh? I've tried every sleep med there is to man, but yet to find anything. the weaker ones dont do shit.

I am a heavy heroin addict; nowadays I just take 12MG bupe/sub a day along w/ 1800-2400MG gabapentin and 3000MG keppra; so to start off light is really not a concern for me; I need something that knocks me the fuck out cuz the mind is racing like a mad man at night and I cannot get any sleep; benzos help and do the trick but the last thing I need is ANOTHER benzo addiction.

Stay away from the Z-Drugs - Zolpidem (Ambien), Zopiclone (Lunesta) and Zaleplon (Sonata). They're referred to as "Nonbenzodiazepines" because they mimic the pharmacological action of benzos while having a different chemical structure (if you wanted to be anal about it, even thienodiazepines like Etizolam could be counted as "nonbenzodiazepines").

I take Etizolam often; sometimes for sleep, sometimes just for "fun" but I am fully aware its much like a benzo and its something I try not to do too often, which is why I do not use it for sleep. Etizolam hits me hard and can knock me out w/ just 2MG's - any benzo can but last thing I want is benzos.

Tizanadine (zanaflex) you know how you and me have pretty similar stories. Well I told me doc about how for 1 I wasn't sleeping and for 2 my subutex worked great for my addiction but it was really starting to falter for my pain. I also said that I was hoping to get off of valium (which I am down to 7.5/day next month should be 5/day) so he wrote me this. Essentially when I take it orally I get sleep, I get relief from my pain, and it makes my subutex a bit strong. Then you know how I allow myself on the weekend to snort one of my doses? Well I read this could be snorted along with the subutex and turn it into something else. I swear I snorted 2 mg (I normally swallow 4) and I felt like I was no shit on a very high dose of some heavy body load pure opiate agonist. My pupils went fucking PINPOINT, I was really nodding (not just fake synergy nodding) like real opiate nods, and my face itched like a mother fucker. I could not believe what was happening I swear it felt like I was on a really strong morphine high. So I do that usually either friday or saturday nights and get the best sleep of my life and a stunning high. And the other days are just regular (sublingual/oral) which like I said still has great effects but snorting was unreal. I read that in Europe they shoot this combo for a true opiate rush. I wont go this far, after all I am in recovery lol but I believe it would based on what I felt with snorting alone. I am tempted to plug it because I always hated the idea of the method but couldn't deny how great it worked. So it is as close as I would get.

I second mirtazapine - I have had good personal experience with that one as a sleep aid, and I was a tough case as well.

I take Etizolam often; sometimes for sleep, sometimes just for "fun" but I am fully aware its much like a benzo and its something I try not to do too often, which is why I do not use it for sleep. Etizolam hits me hard and can knock me out w/ just 2MG's - any benzo can but last thing I want is benzos.

Try an say clear o the Etizolam brwo

Have you ever tried to find a way to sleep without medicine? Sometimes medicine isnt necceasry........i always found alcohol to be my method of passing out..(not good) but everyone is different im just saying take a medicine that isnt bad for ya if you need a good nights rest

Seroquel worked well for me.

Using nothing works better for me than any pill ever did.
Well, cannabis and nothing.