• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best roll you have eaten?

For the hell of it, just to say-that very first ever batch of white Mitsubishis, UK "Gangster Dolphin" rave by a beautiful, serene, tranquill lakeside with green ground, bushes, long grass and hills around- late '97 I believe....

They were pretty unbeatable ecstasy pills.

Also found some equally on par big yellow Mitzis at 1999 UK outdoor Exodus Summer festival. Spectacular.

But I will always have a place in my heart fir the incredible Smiley Faces in 2001 December. Slight blue tint, like some mints. STANK of Saffrole. Otherwordly.

Not to mention the incredible green "Limes" in Swansea 2000. Like copies of the OG domeshaped, unscored Snowballs. I'm sure the Limes were MDA, prob 200mg like the OG Snowballs.

Pills like that were not just a rush. They transformed the world around you, put you in another place for a day or two. With a beautiful, ego swiped, humbled but slightly vulnerable disposition haha.

But so many others I could shout too.

Last edited:
Pink Cali' pills n the summer of 1996, also some crystal circa 2001

Among quite a few amazing experiences with mdma between the early 90's and 2004-ish (almost all of which could easily be described by AT's comment above), these were the absolute peak experiences among them

Everything I've tried mdma -wise since 2005 (probably about 10/12 occasions since then) has been absolutely shite in comparison

Was visiting a bar in Austin 1981-82 (under age)
my buddy knew the bartender, who had a candy bowl of prescription MDMA sitting behind the bar
for all his "friends"
Was a little before the bootleg pressed roll craze began

Pink Cali' pills n the summer of 1996, also some crystal circa 2001

Among quite a few amazing experiences with mdma between the early 90's and 2004-ish (almost all of which could easily be described by AT's comment above), these were the absolute peak experiences among them

Everything I've tried mdma -wise since 2005 (probably about 10/12 occasions since then) has been absolutely shite in comparison
Hello. That is really very interesting and fascinating feedback for me, my own experiences, feelings, intuitions etc.

For a start- everybody talks about the 90's. But 2000 onwards, as far as I was concerned as a very heavy regular user I was getting much better quality pills stronger and cleaner than I had been between 96 and 2000 with exceptions of course.

And the MDMA when it was kind of just emerging more commonly in the early 2000s was truly magical until at least 2005 I stopped all ecstasy use at this point due to illness.

But my understanding on good authority is that 2005 onwards there was a massive change and real ecstasy disappeared for a while.

Maybe the "90's" pills were different.

I never even mentioned OG Dolphins, Elephants, Californian Sunrisers (white, sun face, scored like lion's mane).

But...I wasn't missing them from 2000 to 2005. Amazing pills and magic MDMA to be found throughout.

About 6 months ago I had some DNM 'champagne' MDMA that was better than any pills I had in the 90s. I plugged 150 mg and didn't seem to have an effect after 15 mins so I parachuted another 150 wrapped in tissue paper . Then I think they both hit me at once half an hour later while talking to by grandmother in her hospital bed. I literally felt my pupils slam open into dinner plates and broke out into gushing sweat accompanied by a huge body high. I had to mumble that I'd left the car unlocked and bolt outside for 20 minutes to get a grip on myself before I could even say goodbye and wander off to enjoy the ride. Every second of it was like I was dancing on the main stage with a million people cheering me on. Daytime rolling is the best.

About 6 months ago I had some DNM 'champagne' MDMA that was better than any pills I had in the 90s. I plugged 150 mg and didn't seem to have an effect after 15 mins so I parachuted another 150 wrapped in tissue paper . Then I think they both hit me at once half an hour later while talking to by grandmother in her hospital bed. I literally felt my pupils slam open into dinner plates and broke out into gushing sweat accompanied by a huge body high. I had to mumble that I'd left the car unlocked and bolt outside for 20 minutes to get a grip on myself before I could even say goodbye and wander off to enjoy the ride. Every second of it was like I was dancing on the main stage with a million people cheering me on. Daytime rolling is the best.

you took a big ol' dose and timed it to come up in the hospital? :oops:

As well as the original doves, Mitsubishis, Mercedes et al from the 90s, one that distinctly stands out for me was Pink Calis from 1998/1999. Small pink crumbly pills with just a score line on one side and no stamp. They seemed too small to include a decent dose of MDMA so fuck knows what they were. But they were probably the trippiest pills I've ever had. Imagine the visuals of psilocybin combined with the confidence and sociability of fuckin good amphetamine. Never had anything like it before or since.

I was on a college field trip in Scotland and we were sat in a pub drinking, all fucked on these pills, and my mates were growing fractal images of their faces from their heads. I looked at the bar and saw a beautiful sunset behind like we were sat in a beach bar in Hawaii or somewhere.

Got back to the hostel where we were staying and must have fallen asleep with a spliff in one hand and a Mars bar in the other because the next morning I woke up to a massive burn hole in the duvet cover surrounded by molten chocolate...

Anyway, I'm struggling to find anyone else that remembers these.
those pink calis were 2cb. 2cb was fully legal in holland at the time aswell one of the best rave drugs if you could get a decent dose of 2cb. Use to be sold undercounter aswell for years after it was made illegal in Amsterdam.

those pink calis were 2cb. 2cb was fully legal in holland at the time aswell one of the best rave drugs if you could get a decent dose of 2cb. Use to be sold undercounter aswell for years after it was made illegal in Amsterdam.

The pink cali's we had in 1996 were most definitely not 2cb

They were untested to my knowledge and certainly did have a mild trippy edge to them so could have had a small amount of 2cb (and/or possible small dose of mda) but most definitely did have a large dose of amazing mdma in them, no doubt whatsoever. I've had plenty of mdma and 2cb just for reference.

Everyone I know who had them would say they were in their alltime top few rolls if not the best. Perhaps you're just going off the colour as 2cb is sometimes pink, dunno

The pink cali's we had in 1996 were most definitely not 2cb

They were untested to my knowledge and certainly did have a mild trippy edge to them so could have had a small amount of 2cb (and/or possible small dose of mda) but most definitely did have a large dose of amazing mdma in them, no doubt whatsoever. I've had plenty of mdma and 2cb just for reference.

Everyone I know who had them would say they were in their alltime top few rolls if not the best. Perhaps you're just going off the colour as 2cb is sometimes pink, dunno
back in 2003 i was getting pills with 2cb and mdma together for the nexus flip and a bit of amphetamine aswell but all presses from year to year were usually different from the pressed batch. I was going off his trip report in the late 99s which sound likes the 2cb which was quite avaible in europe and america at the time.

Quite a controversial statement for this forum!

Quite a controversial statement for this forum!

Not trying to be controversial.

Maybe I got lucky this time or maybe I just got shitty pills in the 90s. Most likely my memory of the 90s is fucked from all those pills at Asian super clubs that decade. Either way, it was a super intense ride this time
- maybe it felt more intense because the come up was so rapid from plugging it which I never did in the 90s. Maybe because it was a hellish large dose.

Definitely not meh - though when I IV’d the same stuff it was pretty ordinary apart from the disgusting initial rush.

Oh guys, this is impossible. So many amazing "eggs" - haha other Bedford terminology which just came back to me literally this second.....

I had the joy to experience over 9 years.

One Exodus rave, 1999 I picked up 2 slightly beigeish "Californian Sunrisers" from a girl at the outdoor party. They were shallow, dome like pills, well pressed and firm. No score, marking.

I could have believed they were just multivitamins lol no joke.

But wow. Ecstasy rushing heaven. Just beuatiful they were.

Right up there with the best I had- DEF on my desert island stock pile.

Last edited:
I am so out of the loop. Thought you were talking about sushi.

I’ve only done ecstasy about 20 times. I do not wish to relive that comedown. No thank you.