• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best prescription drug for social anxiety in party settings?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
Most people would say alcohol. But alcohol does not affect me the same way as most people.

I'm too much in my head with alcohol - instead of pumping me up and lowering my inhibitions, it mellows me out even more than my already mellow self, and it increases my inhibitions because now I have this part of me that is like an auto pilot that is working on overdrive to steer me back on track. It must be the best auto pilot there ever is or will be because it does its job really well. Thing is though, I can't shut the damn thing off! So I keep drinking to shut it off until eventually, not long afterwards, I just end up feeling tired, and fall asleep. Drunk people call it passing out. I call it sleeping because I don't really get drunk...per se.

So yeah, can't really let go on it. I don't think I can stagger on alcohol too, no matter how much I drink. I can walk a straight line, up until the point I pass out (sleep).

Weed makes me even more mellow...only now I am mellow and paranoid. Not a fun combination. Hate social settings high off weed.

So I guess I am looking for something that has the effect (on normal people) of alcohol, MDMA and Coke.

Let me explain...

I think I do have social anxiety because I have a mental block in social settings. I am looking for something that would take away that block, thus eliminating my inhibitions. Social butterfly comes to mind. At the same time, and most importantly, I need the "speed" aspect of coke (or meth?). Meaning: I am very mellow and low energy by nature. Completely different than everyone else in a high energy party setting. I need to be able to switch to high energy, physically.

I've already tried Gabapentin and Xanax. All they did was increase what I already am...mellow. So basically, they accomplished the opposite of what I wanted.

I need this substance to be in the form of a "prescription drug". I also need it to be able to work within the same day because I will just be taking it probably just once or two times to just see how things would be with me in that state.

TL;DR: Again, I have a metal block in social settings, too much in my head, can't really let go. Looking for a prescription drug that would make me high energy, social, talkative, inhibitions free, carefree.

Appreciate your input guys!

If your looking for a prescription drug that gives stimulation and energy then give Ritalin (Methylphenidate) or Adderall (Levo/Dextro-Amphetamine) a try.

I think I do have social anxiety because I have a mental block in social settings. I am looking for something that would take away that block, thus eliminating my inhibitions. Social butterfly comes to mind. At the same time, and most importantly, I need the "speed" aspect of coke (or meth?). Meaning: I am very mellow and low energy by nature. Completely different than everyone else in a high energy party setting. I need to be able to switch to high energy, physically.

I've already tried Gabapentin and Xanax. All they did was increase what I already am...mellow. So basically, they accomplished the opposite of what I wanted.

I need this substance to be in the form of a "prescription drug". I also need it to be able to work within the same day because I will just be taking it probably just once or two times to just see how things would be with me in that state.

If you're completely different than everyone else and naturally a mellow, low energy person, then maybe the easiest thing would be to just avoid high energy party settings and the types of people who enjoy them as much as possible?

That's what I do, having wasted way too much of my younger life trying to fit in and force myself to enjoy tedious parties and excessively loud clubs and bars where I can't even hear people talk anyway.

Asides from that, then yes, as above, pretty much any of the stimulant class will probably work. But they're also pretty addictive, can leave you feeling down and depressed when not using, and the positive effects tend to diminish over time and with repeated use.

If you have social anxiety to the extent you need medicating, it's something you should really bring up with your GP or psychologist for a formal diagnosis and treatment programme.

If your looking for a prescription drug that gives stimulation and energy then give Ritalin (Methylphenidate) or Adderall (Levo/Dextro-Amphetamine) a try.

Do you have experience with both? If so, what would be the main difference between the two in regards to the effect?

Last edited:
If you're completely different than everyone else and naturally a mellow, low energy person, then maybe the easiest thing would be to just avoid high energy party settings and the types of people who enjoy them as much as possible?

But I do like the people in them. And, aren't all parties high energy? I mean, isn't a party high energy by definition?

That's what I do, having wasted way too much of my younger life trying to fit in and force myself to enjoy tedious parties and excessively loud clubs and bars where I can't even hear people talk anyway.

Asides from that, then yes, as above, pretty much any of the stimulant class will probably work. But they're also pretty addictive, can leave you feeling down and depressed when not using, and the positive effects tend to diminish over time and with repeated use.

If you have social anxiety to the extent you need medicating, it's something you should really bring up with your GP or psychologist for a formal diagnosis and treatment programme.

Thanks for your input. Yeah, I'll definitely have to get formal diagnosis at some point. I wouldn't say it's crippling bad. I can say I don't have it at all in business settings and normal day to day interactions, just social settings.

Maybe a light combo of opiates and benzos And I mean low dasages so you can still enjoy a drink or two if needed

Already mentioned that in the OP.
So maybe some more lol :D, but seriously, especially if you look at the different extract and concentrates and isolations, its just insane.. Its like weed is just not weed anymore lol :D plus maybe even a light dose shrooms or is that over stepping the boundaries so to speak a bit.

Sorry if I was slightly off topic, I'm very baked ATM. My apologies

You have a few options, opiates, benzos, amphetamines or cocaine.

Granted these are all addictive and have serious harm potential. I found Vicodin / Oxy to be a wonderful anxiety help and socializing was easy, however I would never recommend this to someone.

Cocaine can cause anxiety and paranoia so I wouldn’t really suggest it for social anxiety.

I think your best and safest bet would be to try an adderall out at the next party, it will boost your energy and social ability greatly, and probably has the least risk of the substances I mentioned. Best of luck

You have a few options, opiates, benzos, amphetamines or cocaine.

Granted these are all addictive and have serious harm potential. I found Vicodin / Oxy to be a wonderful anxiety help and socializing was easy, however I would never recommend this to someone.I

Cocaine can cause anxiety and paranoia so I wouldn’t really suggest it for social anxiety.

I think your best and safest bet would be to try an adderall out at the next party, it will boost your energy and social ability greatly, and probably has the least risk of the substances I mentioned. Best of luck
I would LOVE to get Adderall, as I keep hearing about it. But I'm not in the States atm, and Adderall seems to be only sold in the US.

Have plenty of experience with various amps, including Adderall, legally prescribed. Lost 50 pounds with it. After the initial euphoria, I have laser focus for certain lengths of time. Afterwards, I get ridiculously cold in the hands and feet (vasoconstriction). Also incredibly irritable, where I just want to be left alone to think and watch interesting shows on my computer.

Would not recommend for parties OP. Phenibut by itself would be my first choice. And never under any circumstance mixed with anything.

I would LOVE to get Adderall, as I keep hearing about it. But I'm not in the States atm, and Adderall seems to be only sold in the US.

Where are you from? Europe is full of amphetamine paste which is the same thing, and much cheaper

Alprazolam is my go to. I take a 2mg xr before a party, usually 2-3 hours before hand due to delayed onset. I'm good to go for the night after that. Keep in mind I'm not a big drinker and don't enjoy cannabis in a crowded party setting in my old age lol

To be completely candid, it is probably oxycodone with or without carisoprodol.

Would oxy be an upper or a downer? How is the sociability effect of it? Does it feel like you're drunk?

Where are you from? Europe is full of amphetamine paste which is the same thing, and much cheaper

Such as? Would Retalin be one of them?

GHB or GBL ...sodium Oxybate Blah, blah , blahhhhh

Aren't these depressants? Thus kinda having the same effect as alcohol?

Alprazolam is my go to. I take a 2mg xr before a party, usually 2-3 hours before hand due to delayed onset. I'm good to go for the night after that. Keep in mind I'm not a big drinker and don't enjoy cannabis in a crowded party setting in my old age lol

How does it feel like on it? Is it an upper or a downer? How does it compare to adderall in its effect?

Oxycodone has effects like nose candy in addition to the typical morphinian effects for a lot of people. The carisoprodol potentiates all of this, the anxiolysis and warmth in particular. I wouldn't say it feels like alcohol. There is a distinctive carisoprodol euphoria, produced by the meprobamate into which it is metabolised. The Bolivian Marching Powder-like Oxy effects are primarily the social ones, with the extra loquaciousness there and the feelings of great power not so much in my experience. And it lasts for hours and is quite durable.