Best "Opiate" Songs

little know elliott smith song. Ive heard ALOT of songs about opiates. THIS PERFECTLY captures the feeling of opiates. Perfect to nod out to. But its also like many of his songs it has many feels.

Happiness is a warm gun by the Beatles, pool shark by sublime, voodoo by Godsmack, if I can think of anymore I'll come back and post them

Velvet underground - heroin
Alice in chains - sludge factory
Sonic youth and cypres hill - I love you Mary Jane
Slowdive - Alison

little know elliott smith song. Ive heard ALOT of songs about opiates. THIS PERFECTLY captures the feeling of opiates. Perfect to nod out to. But its also like many of his songs it has many feels.

Yes. I second this. Been listening to this particular song a lot lately.

pin point eyes by iggy and the stooges.

I'm pretty sure the whole song was improvised

I also like cod'ine by Buffy Sainte-Marie (surprisingly about heroin rather than codeine). A few big 60s bands did some pretty good covers of it. In order of least to most favourite: Janis Joplin (I don't like her cover), Quicksilver Messenger Service, The Litter, Donovan

Cold Turkey by John Lennon, about withdrawal from heroin, something I'm to young to have gone through

Needle in the Hay by Elliott Smith. Not a great song but it's about heroin, so

Ball and Biscuit by The White Stripes, just guessing but I think by 'ball' they mean speedball

There are so many, though, I could never list them all. Opiates are pretty popular with musicians, believe it or not;)

Not sure if these guys used much or at all as he was pretty secretive about his personal life, but it's def got the mellow opiate vibe. A lot of the lyrics are interpreted straightforwardly in songs and relate to addiction.