Best "Opiate" Songs

Anyone put this up? God I hope I didn't already. My brain is fried.
[video=youtube_share;4cB4tNMeAos]http://youtu.be/4cB4tNMeAos[/video]

Retrogression - Tech Nine its actually about molly and weed but. It suits my feelings when using and cuts deep a bit while I get high, I used to play it everytime I set up when I first started IVing

The only one that comes to my mind is she's like Heroin by System of a down.
Selling ass for heroin. Ass!
Selling ass for heroin. Ass!

Pretty convinced the verses in this song are about Heroin addiction now. Songs about drugs are often written in code and it could easily be described as a song about depression. But that kind of hopeless despair, feeling of being lost, and overwhelmed with troubles is usually connected to drugs.

Though I'm sure no one thought of it like that at the time. They probably just listened to the chorus and thought it was about how the sun shines on TV. It just sounds like a happy popsong superficially, cleverly done.

Rock music is just one big commercial for drugs, isn't it really? Or that's a big part of it. You can hardly find a band who hasn't written a song about drugs, unless they're Jesus rockers.

Don't know if it's already in here. This is my favourite opiod song, because that's exactly how it feels

i had a great evening with this thread. thank you all! ^^opiate/greatest hits^^

here some of my favorites...

judy henske - love henry
chris watson - sleeping in warm air ( like travelling, but staying at home)
thurston moore - elegy for all the dead rock stars ( long piece, wait for it to kick in)
nick cave - 500 miles (a nice version of this song)

take care all!

Last edited:
Any Alice in Chains song! Especially the album dirt! best A.I.C. album imo... but I love them all.

Sooo many Alice in chains songs or anything layne staley really try looking up... Alice In chains-junkhead Alice in chains-godsmack. Alice in chains-sickman Alice in chains-frogs Alice in chains-sludge factory. Mad season-wake up mad season -artificial red. And that's just too name a few

"Prescription/Oxymoron" - ScHoolboy Q

"Drug Ballad" - Eminem

"That Smell" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Nobody's Home" - Pink Floyd

But seriously, Tool.

Everything about tool just "sounds" opiate.

This thread isn't about lyrics about opiates or what you like to listen to on opiates.
I think a lot of people are missing that point.

It's about what "best mimics, represents, or recreates the effects of Opiates"