Best "Opiate" Songs

Led Zep's Bring It On Home makes me think of fixing H:

Baby, baby... I'm gonna bring it on home to you.
I've got my ticket, I've got that load. Got up, gone higher, all aboard.
Take my seat, right way back. ooh yeah. Watch this train roll down the track.
I'm gonna bring it on home, Bring it on home to you.
Watch out, watch out...

Mmm.. Opiates.

opiate night playlist;

- Gabriel (Lamb)
- H (Tool) * Granted not specifically about heroin or any drug regardless of the title but more about the relationship to X. "Considerately Killing me".... sure fits
- Nutshell (AIC) bit depressing though...
- Goldern Brown (The stranglers) Obvious heroin lyric even to a 16 year old who still believes in Santa
-13th Step, entire album (APC)
-Rev 20:20 (Pucifer)
-You know you're right (Nirvana)
-Moon Safari (Air)
-Angel, Teardrop (Massive Attack)
-Perfect Day ( Lou Reed)
-Sister Morphine (Rolling Stones)
-Hotel California (Eagles) "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
-From the sea & life is better with you (Eskimo Joe)

could go on forever... Are we being functionally high?, Bomb treat "stoned" or just songs that remind us of Opiates...

-

could go on forever... Are we being functionally high?, Bomb treat "stoned" or just songs that remind us of Opiates...
OP left it pretty open. i only post when im on one and listening to something that seems fitting, like atm...

loved bumping this when it was warm, but as one bl'er once said... "it's never too hot to feel the warmth"

Albums I would listen to mostly or exclusively while enjoying a nod/relaxing opiate high, some I find to be objectively enjoyable, some that are just attached to my history and may be found enjoyable by someone else looking for new music:

Codeine - The White Birch (Obscure but influential early-90's slowcore band, with a distant, faint, yet oceanic and grandiose sound without being overdone)

Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Could See (Early 90's psychedelic indie/shoegaze that just induces feelings of love and instrumentally goes perfect with the pace of nodding off, especially the glow after an IV rush)

NOTHING - Downward Years To Come (Released in 2012, a young shoegaze band that I would describe as sounding like Slowdive but heavier. The last track on this EP, "The Rites of Love and Death" is one of the most euphoric and pleasant tracks I've heard in a really long time.)

Mineral - The Power Of Failing (Second-wave emo from the mid 90's that doesn't really strike as "opiate music" but that I fell in love with when I was going through depression and binging on Opana in high school.)

Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) - What It Takes To Move Forward (Modern "emo revival" that is definitely not written by anyone who has anything to do with opiates, but that is very minimal, very deep, and very emotional across the whole spectrum, for those highs when you're just overwhelmed with emotion.)

Beat Happening - You Turn Me On (80's lo-fi indie pop from the Northwest that shaped and influenced many bands that followed, even to this day. Their music is quirky, adolescent, simple, and just makes you feel good. It's definitely good for a day out after doing some oxycodone or something, music for an energetic and lively opiate experience.)

Cloakroom - ∞ (New band on Run For Cover records, an interesting blend of 90's emo, slowcore, doom, shoegaze, and straight up rock. I wish I had the chance to listen to some of the parts of this album when I used to do opiates, now I'm forced on naltrexone and can't get high haha.)

Individual tracks you should check out for a perfect vibe when nodding:

Widowspeak - Gun Shy
Title Fight - Head in the Ceiling Fan
He is Legend - China White III
Slowdive - Machine Gun
Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand In Mine

I'm on my first opiate high in over 10 months, I somehow managed to override the naltrexone in my brain with a 2mg shot of hydromorphone, and even though I doubt anyone but maybe one or two people will check this music out I felt the need to contribute.

Best song about opiates IMO(no particular order):
End up dead- Cranford Nix
Heroin- Velvet Underground
Born to lose- Johnny thunders
Dead Flowers- Rolling stones
Sister Morphine- Stones
Carmelita- GG Allin
Too broke to overdose- Hellbound glory
This is not the first time( That I've let you down)- Christopher scum
Chinese Rocks- Johnny Thunders
Opium- Marcy playground(not my favourite band but pretty good song)
Opiu tea-Nick Cave and the bad seeds
Dopefiend- Smut peddlers
Run Run Run- Velvet Underground
Perfect day- Lou reed(rip)
Waiting around to die- Townes Van Zandt
People who died- Jim Caroll
Dirty Needles- Matt Pless
Moose the mooche- Charlie Parker

Best songs to listen to on opiates:
Wandering stars-portishead
sleep-dystopia
dopesmoker- sleep
At Giza-Om
anything by Sunn0)))
Jackie says- Mono
Heaven street- death in june
The bees made honey in the lions skull- Earth
Pharcyde- Drop
Anything by otis redding
summertime- Janis Joplin
Lanquidity-sun ra
Dopamine Kata- Greydon Square
I'm sure I could think of others but I gotta go feed my roomates dogs.

Edit: Some of these will only apply to people who enjoy punk music.

any album by Pink Floyd of course

Pinback becomes enhanced because you can appreciate each layer individually as they contribute to the whole

Miles Davis

Santana

Explosions in the Sky

God Speed You! Black Emporor

Neil Young's Psychedelic Pill album

Mmm.. Opiates.

opiate night playlist;

- Gabriel (Lamb)
- H (Tool) * Granted not specifically about heroin or any drug regardless of the title but more about the relationship to X. "Considerately Killing me".... sure fits
- Nutshell (AIC) bit depressing though...
- Goldern Brown (The stranglers) Obvious heroin lyric even to a 16 year old who still believes in Santa
-13th Step, entire album (APC)
-Rev 20:20 (Pucifer)
-You know you're right (Nirvana)
-Moon Safari (Air)
-Angel, Teardrop (Massive Attack)
-Perfect Day ( Lou Reed)
-Sister Morphine (Rolling Stones)
-Hotel California (Eagles) "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
-From the sea & life is better with you (Eskimo Joe)

-

Of all the AIC songs that have to do with heroin addiction, Nutshell isn't actually one of them. Great song to listed to high, nonetheless, or when you are down and kicking. It does have some relevance to drug use, but in a less direct way than many of their songs, it deals with an issue that pushed Layne to addiction. Its about the loss of privacy and the media exploiting his life, part of that is him being well known for his struggle with addiction, but its more than just that.

Also I know its a common speculation, but I don't believe Hotel California is related to heroin at all. First off, was anyone in the Eagles that deep into it to write a song about it. Don Henley denies it and says its just about the rich and famous living a glitzy life out in California, sure drug use is part of that, but its not a direct ode to heroin addiction like so many think. Aside from some lines that could be construed as related to heroin addiction/use (which you could do with a lot of songs that have nothing to do with it) there is no reason to believe its about heroin. Speculate all you want, but there is no proof and the song's writer comes out and clearly denies it,

here is a direct quote from Henley, posted on Sognfacts.com:

Don Henley in the London Daily Mail November 9, 2007 said: "Some of the wilder interpretations of that song have been amazing. It was really about the excesses of American culture and certain girls we knew. But it was also about the uneasy balance between art and commerce."

also

On November 25, 2007 Henley appeared on the TV news show 60 Minutes, where he was told, "everyone wants to know what this song means." Henley replied: "I know, it's so boring. It's a song about the dark underbelly of the American Dream, and about excess in America which was something we knew about."

Mother Love Bone:

"Stargazer" "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns" "Bone China"....and lots others mentioned on this thread, that are songs that are pleasant to listen to, which is what I'm going for at that time. I love "The Needle and the Damage Done" by Neil Young, but listening while high, makes me incredibly sad.

Best songs to listen to on opiates:
Wandering stars-portishead
sleep-dystopia
dopesmoker- sleep
At Giza-Om
anything by Sunn0)))
Jackie says- Mono
Heaven street- death in june
The bees made honey in the lions skull- Earth
Pharcyde- Drop
Anything by otis redding
summertime- Janis Joplin
Lanquidity-sun ra
Dopamine Kata- Greydon Square
I'm sure I could think of others but I gotta go feed my roomates dogs.

Edit: Some of these will only apply to people who enjoy punk music.

I never thought of any of these songs being anything to listen to on opiates, maybe when stoned, but dystopia, sleep, om, sunn0))) earth, and death in june are some greats, a band i was in just played our last show and we covered sleep by dystopia :p
when i'm finally off of this cursed fucking vivitrol shot and i can bang a dilaudid again i'll have to see what it's like nodding off to earth or monoliths and dimensions, seems like it would be weird as fuck in a good way.

feelin the list. the heavy stoner shit and drone, sure.... sometimes i l ike to just have something in the background that doesn't require attention just some sound and earth/sunn o))) for sure fits. tripped and listened to the bees made honey int he lions skull, remember it was a warm summer day and watched the pavement melt =)

got this track on with a nice buzz. love that bassline