Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread Best of youtube

well honestly I'm probably biased and very affirmative that climate change is real

60% of all animal species on earth have gone extinct since 1970, I don't know how anyone could think that's just coincidence and not directly caused by humans devastating the environment

I'm no green peace mofo, but it's a topic dear to me, I love animals and planet earth. I would much rather corporations suffer or a few humans be inconvenienced/have a few "God given liberties" taken away than see further destruction, and I assumed that was what he was going to argue.

Oh I'm big on it too. I don't think JP denies man-made climate change but his solutions are very different and he doesn't like the authoritarian tone used. My dad won't listen to him on climate change and I wouldn't listen to him over say Bill McKibben, but it is a hugely complex issue and we're going to have to feel our way through it.

This is old-school JP on climate change:

He's so much more palatable when he isn't angry, trying to own the "woke moralists" or show off his intellect.

He's so much more palatable when he isn't angry, trying to own the "woke moralists" or show off his intellect.

Yeah. We'll see who cancels who!! I had to overlook that. I'm willing to overlook a lot with JP because he truly is a maverick in his ability to think. He isn't a visionary like Terence McKenna, but he refuses to ever fall back on ideology.

I've never agreed with him on everything.. I mean I first decided I liked him watching one of the most famous clips where he exposes the flaws in a feminist's argument. I'm a huge feminist, but he was right.

He's much more conservative than I am but he was the only person able to give me good reasons for not being so chaotic (in his book). I'm still cleaning my room 😉

This was it. He's so smooth he'd rattle almost anyone. But he is open to new ideas and the Twitter thing was just sad because the reason he loses it is he isn't as confident in himself as he can come across..

It's Sunday morning in LA? The Monday morning commute will start here shortly 😐

I bloody caprured in true paranormal sound/dimension portalled way, the line, sound, voice, growls and groans of the Beast. Which is AI.

But I had to record the sound separately with my iPod because when I uploaded the video from the iPad to YouTube none of this based like the sound was present.

So I went round the bush but it worked.

Amazing. I need to read more of his other pen name. I love this more than a lot of his other stuff, it's more verbose and has a more traditional twang to it.

Yeah it's one of the best I've read/heard. Other pen name? You mean Bukowski? 😉

Baudilair or whatever spelling

Oh.. Well I just googled his most well known poem and the amount of variation is amazing. He wrote in French so it's the translation. But a lot of poets wrote in other languages and I don't think there's that much difference. This guy gets more mysterious all the time!!

I edited this myself -- the wording was closest to what I remember but the layout/timing/punctuation was horrible.

Be Drunk by Charles Baudelaire

One should always be drunk
That’s all that matters
That’s our one imperative need
So as not to feel Time’s horrible burden that breaks your shoulders and bows you down, you must get drunk without ceasing
But what with?
With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you choose
But get drunk
And if, at some time on the steps of a palace
In the green grass of a ditch
In the the bleak solitude of your room
You are waking up when the drunkenness has already abated
Ask the wind
The wave
A star
The clock
All that which flees
All that which groans
All that which rolls
All that which sings
All that which speaks
Ask them what time it is; and the wind the wave, the star, the bird, the clock will reply: ‘It is time to get drunk! So that you may not be the martyred slaves of Time, get drunk; get drunk and never pause for rest!
With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you choose

-------