• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Best MXE Replacement Compound

Which compound is the best replacement for MXE?

• Total voters
After one year of (ab)use of 3-meo-pce, mostly everyday, I have deffo lost the magic and I have started to get mostly brainfuck/disphoria from it so I have ended it. It happened like 2-3 months ago

I keep a little bit of dusty MXE, the lower quality batch. Well, past week , i repeated the experiment, 3-meo-pce did almost nothing but a little dip of MXE on another day blown my mind. Utterly delicious and life trasforming trip.

Even being so chemically closed, MXE has still the sparkle. I would say it could be related to serotonin release, because 3-meo is way more dissociative by weight but MXE won hands down even with a lesser amount

The MXE has been in a drawer, no light but not freeze either, so, no, MXE doesnt seem to degrade and still have some utterly magic mechanism that needs to be decodified. I loved it so much that I went directly to order DMXE to see if it stands a chance

When interpreting my data I conclude that mxpr/mxipr in a ratio of 2:3 plugged is most similar to mxe regarding warmth and magic in the first 2 hours. Note must be made that confusion can occur more frequently than mxe for a similar dose. Combination with even a small amount of opce is almost always confusion, loss of sense of reality when watching movies etc. Like your ego is transferred to the characters and not knowing it is a movie and not real. This can be really frightening. So when this is not your goal start really low, leave out opce and this can be avoided. Safe travels.

This is nothing against you at all and it's a valid question, but I wish that people would stop searching for an MXE replacement. If one goes into an experience with a new chemical hoping for the effects of another then they'll always be disappointed. Well at least with dissociatives and psychedelics. I think if I bought some MDMA and it turned out to be MDA I wouldnt be too upset about it. Each chemical produces it's own effects and are all special and unique in their own way. MXE as most of us know, is one of those REALLY special chemicals with extremely unique and special effects. I doubt we'll ever get a chemical that hits all of the spots that MXE does and that's very unfortunate. I am not well versed in chemistry, but I'm wondering if It'd be possible to make a pro-drug for MXE similar to Lisdexamphetamine for Dextroamphetamine.

I've tried a good portion of RC dissociatives to come out in recent years. I have yet to try MXIPr, O-PCE or HXE but they all sound like very promising chemicals and I hope to have a chance to try each of them at some point in the future.

Out of the ones that I've tried these are the ones that hit some of the effects that MXE gives.

3-MeO-PCE - This is the one that closest hits the spots that MXE does for me. Only problem? The effects aren't reliably produced like they are with MXE. When I get a good 3-MeO-PCE trip going, the sense of being in a "special place" and general sense of profundity is actually fairly close to what MXE provided. It also has a unique visual effect which can be pretty cool. One downside is that that "special place" is hard to reach, and during the experiences where I don't get there, I experience some background anxiety and discomfort. It's just an uncomfortable experience for me except for the times where it isn't. Besides DXM it's basically the only dissociative that I'll hesitate to take out of anxiety over the intensity or where the experience might take me.

MXPr - This one is a very unique disso and I like it a lot, The first couple of times I got an EXTREMELY nice body high. Super relaxing and soft and fluffy, and it had a really cool visual effect. I also got the sense that I was in the right place at the right time doing the right things. Like I was meant to be exactly where I was supposed to be and a general sense of profundity. Those are effects that I basically always got from MXE, but after my first 3 or 4 MXPr trips, those effects went away and it became clinical and cold feeling. I still enjoyed it and it still provided a visual effect unlike any other chemical that I've tried. The visuals and thought processes made me feel like I was more machine than man. I felt like a computer. I don't know how else to explain it.

DMXE - I only got to try this one 2 or 3 times. It provided a relaxing and fluffy body high very similar to my early MXPr experiences. It also provided a decent amount of content euphoria, more so than basically any other dissociative that I've tried. Other than that I didn't find it similar to MXE at all.

2f-DCK - This one didnt cross my mind until I saw someone had mentioned it. I REALLY like this dissociative. It might be one of my favorites. I just wish that it required a lower dose. It kinda sucks having to spend $20 for full effects (we're spoiled in the RC community, aren't we?). 2f-DCK reliably lifts my mood and is great for depression. It has a strong creative push and as another person said, it always makes me feel like dancing. It's not necessarily very euphoric, it just puts me in a great mood and makes me feel really creative , which are both things that MXE did for me.

Hmmm.. Ive tried MXE, MXpr, MXIpr, O-PCE and a few other PCMs (ketamine etc). Out of all of them, I found MXpr to be the most similar followed by MXIpr. Both of those compounds have a similar warm fuzziness that I assume is due to the 3-meo component, because while I like O-PCE, i find it quite cold compared. I also find 3 meo PCP to have a kind of similar warmness, but its much "clearer" to me, as long as I don't over do it.
I actually went through quite the MXE bender recently. At least for me it was a lot, but I did about 300mg over two day period. My final dose, I pretty much doubled. I lay in bed and was hallucinating pretty strongly, it was kind of like watching these AI generated art videos. After I came out of it I decided to give all my MXE but 100mg away. Ill save the 100mg for years.

Maybe off topic but why do we need the replacements? I mean where and why did mxe disappear?

Maybe off topic but why do we need the replacements? I mean where and why did mxe disappear?
It was banned in almost every country, and once it was banned in all of the countries where it was synthesized, it quickly disappeared as supply dried up.

Hello, can I put my two pennethworth in? (well I 'm going to anyway!! 😁)
Has no one even considered 2-(3-ethoxyphenyl)-2-ethylaminocyclohexanone, aka ethoxetamine, aka EXE (no daft fucker had better call it a stupid name like rolfcoptor).
It will fit quite nicely into the hole MXE does, in the PCP/NMDA receptor, while the lone pair of the oxygen in the meta position should retain its serotonogic effects. The only thing I'm not too sure about is how long it will last (it can alter both ways the rate at which enzymes metabolize it).
Sorry, DMXE just doesn't cut the mustard, for me. It's nice enough, but doesn't have that je ne sais pas (well I think I might - see previous paragraph!)

I don't think MXE is that much of a golden standard. All dissos i've tried have been wonderful in their own right and in their commonalities.

That being said, only tried DMXE out of the bunch in your OP. To me DMXE and MXE are similar enough that i doubt i could tell them apart in a blind test, although i did MXE 10 years prior as a different person so it's hard to tell exactly.

(Voted for "other" just to see the result)
On dMXE my motor and mind control was considerable less. At least the line between wasted and capable is narrow. So for everyday activities and tasks MXE was much better. The reason I ended up using it daily sometimes for months, with strangely no withdrawal when stopped.

2-Fluoro-DesChloroKetamine is just like dMXE. A bit of it and your fine. Take a big line and the couch/ bed is your best friend. MXE was exceptional in that it was functional. Even in a hole I could still walk and talk.

2f-DCK - This one didnt cross my mind until I saw someone had mentioned it. I REALLY like this dissociative. It might be one of my favorites. I just wish that it required a lower dose. It kinda sucks having to spend $20 for full effects (we're spoiled in the RC community, aren't we?). 2f-DCK reliably lifts my mood and is great for depression. It has a strong creative push and as another person said, it always makes me feel like dancing. It's not necessarily very euphoric, it just puts me in a great mood and makes me feel really creative , which are both things that MXE did for me.
After 3 days of 2f-DCK and getting used to the dosage and effects. I too like it, Ketamine is good to imo but different.

This is a bit of a stimulating dissociative. Not as much as MXE. But enough to experience OEV ( you can open your eyes and stagger through the house carefully ).
Along with bizar CEV. Which consisted of plantmotives, rock surfaces that were flat, weird warm light ( my eyes were closed so no idea were that came from) and . All imbedded in a warm glow, the outside temp is actually quite cold now.
And interesting thoughts occured about excistence.

What makes it maybe better then Ketamine is the level of conciousness you remain. So all the thoughts about the inter-connection of things, visuals and idea's you still remember, al be it a bit vaguely, afterwards.

Last edited:
Hello, can I put my two pennethworth in? (well I 'm going to anyway!! 😁)
Has no one even considered 2-(3-ethoxyphenyl)-2-ethylaminocyclohexanone, aka ethoxetamine, aka EXE (no daft fucker had better call it a stupid name like rolfcoptor)
It will fit quite nicely into the hole MXE does, in the PCP/NMDA receptor, while the lone pair of the oxygen in the meta position should retain its serotonogic effects. The only thing I'm not too sure about is how long it will last (it can alter both ways the rate at which enzymes metabolize it).
Sorry, DMXE just doesn't cut the mustard, for me. It's nice enough, but doesn't have that je ne sais pas (well I think I might - see previous paragraph!)
For me DMXE is like the second coming of Christ, but I would be completely ready to test EXE. Sounds like a virus I would love to catch. Come on, chemists of the world. Do 2023 a holey year

Oh yeah it's definitely different but there are a bunch of similar qualities as well. I just wondered because FXE, DCK and MXP were on the list and 3-MeO-PCE shares at least as many or more characteristics with MXE as those. I think you could imitate MXE quite well if you'd combine a low dose of 3-MeO-PCE with a bit of FXE, but I haven't tried this myself. I might try combining PCE & FXE as one of the last trip-reports for my large PCE bioassay.
3meo pce plus o pce don't take more than 20mg combined.
I like 10 /13mg 3meo enjoy it an hour or two get comfortable with it and then add up 5/7mg opce which turn it in ketamine like experience on the trippy side. Still hard to hole but who dares to hole on a 8 hours high? Anyway I'm an advanced dissos user this are substances very hard to dose and need a 0.001 accurate scale as you wouldn't have a 20mg first experience and any mg further send you straight to a maniac psychotic experience landing at an emergency room eating bananas... Dissos lower potassium levels in your body

For someone who didn’t try MXE but loved K (and I love both medium and hole doses) and N₂O (once I “figured it out”)much more than 3-meo-PCP (still liked it a lot) and DXM what would you suggest to me? Should I go for a “K” replacements like DCK and 2f or for “MXE replacements”. Back in the days I would just get everything and see for myself but now I just want a small stash for depression and pain or for a few days in a disso land.

For someone who didn’t try MXE but loved K (and I love both medium and hole doses) and N₂O (once I “figured it out”)much more than 3-meo-PCP (still liked it a lot) and DXM what would you suggest to me? Should I go for a “K” replacements like DCK and 2f or for “MXE replacements”. Back in the days I would just get everything and see for myself but now I just want a small stash for depression and pain or for a few days in a disso land.
I've had a lot of mxe and 3-meo-pcp back in the day and honestly don't think mxe is as special as people make it sound. Yeah, it's good, but not that good. Tbh I prefer 3-meo-pcp to it.

You might want to try fxe, it's pretty nice, closer to k but somewhat longer and a bit stronger.

DCK is nice too (at least the current batches I've had, not sure if it's because of my tolerance being lower now or the batches being better, but I tried dck way back when it was first released (from a well known Spanish source that got busted in 2017 afaik) and it was pretty meh, but the current batches I got are amazinga) and a lot more cost effective, but it lasts a bit too long if you want to take it in the evening and sleep without benzos. FXE imo still feels a bit better and is slightly more visual (but not much more however dissos aren't very visual for me).

2fdck is pretty close to K, but most people find it a bit worse.

Haven't tried dmxe/mxipr/mxpr/hxe yet so I can't comment on them.

I really hope I’ll find a source for FXE. Really does sound like something I would enjoyed from what I have read so far.

And I agree with you about MXE even I didn’t try it so far (but can name many analogues situations ime). It’s the nature of the game. Trip reports and expectations affect experience almost as much as substance does. MXE is best cuz it’s first. But really many people accept if they didn’t fucked up their tolerance with MXE and/or K that they feel they would probably enjoyed certain other arylciklohexilamine even more than MXE.

Folks lacking “MXE magic” in any related substance simply have permatolerance or they lost magic cuz every “new MXE” lacks total novelty like MXE had for them. Same case is with folks saying 1x-LSD lacks magic of LSD, yea sure, believe it if you want, it cost you nothing to live in delusion.

Analogue situation I'll name is TMA-2 vs. 2c-b, TMA-2 is at least as good for sex as 2c-b but it was never marketed in that way so it didn’t get that reputation and people tend to use it as more serious psychedelic and 2c-b is aphrodisiac, “if ever true aphrodisiac will be made, it’ll be based on 2c-b”, that quote is main reason for 2c-b being perceived as superior psychedelic for sex and while it is great for that, even totally unrelated substance like LSD is far superior even in that aspect if you get the does right and do it with a right person. I do love 2c-b and sex on 2c-b but I also love it on 2c-i, 2c-t-2/4, 2c-c and it was quite nice on 2c-p and 2c-e in smaller doses, they aren't that "candy" so it can be harder to get in right mood on them, but still.. you get the point..

Why won't some fucker listen to me and synth some ethoxetamine (3-ethoxy rather than 3-methoxy). It should fit the receptor just as well as mxe and I imagine would be qualitatively extremely close.
I know that seems a tad arrogant, but a lot of thought went into the design of mxe (even if I got it's mu opiate receptor affinity utterly wrong!); a lot went into exe, as well!

Man I wondered if you’ll react. Hope you didn’t took my post as offensive. That was not my intention nor was saying MXE is “just another RC”, I’m just expressing my opinion how novelty of it surely played a big factor (for you and all subsequent users).

Well EXE certainly won’t be something I’ll miss a chance trying like I did with MXE cuz when it was a big thing I was more into psychedelics than dissos and occasional K or ether, often in combos with psychedelics was quite enough at that time. By the time I got my first RC disso, 3-meo-PCP, MXE was long gone.

One can't equal mxe.

That is all.
Absolutely, I recently retreated back to that conclusion after going through about 600mg over the course of a few days. Really nothing comes close, MXPr at its best is most similar qualitatively but not a replacement in practice.

It's crazy because since 2018 I'd done HQ MXE only a handful of times, and I actually had very unenjoyable experiences on those occasions. I think I'd gotten to a point where I felt guilty doing dissos and that stopped me from enjoying it, and also I'd done so much that it just became boring, and also my goals and values had changed since the time when I loved MXE.

But anyways I had about 600mg left in my friends glovebox about 1,000 miles north of me. I secured it and I proceeded to use it all over the next few days. It was like the old days. Waking up and that first plugged 30mg dose in the morning just puts you into a cocoon and music sounds so smooth and you just feel so safe and content and it feels so nostalgic. Then the hypomania sets in which for me MXE has the most productive and most enjoyable hypomania of any dissociative, it's very related to your life and practical, ideas and plans of action just come to you. By the third day or so tolerance starts to seep back in and I didn't up my doses much so it starts to lose its luster, but that's completely typical.

I even started getting sick the first night I started doing it and I believe the MXE somewhat mitigated it, because my friend was still sick af by the time I had mostly cleared it a few days later. And my symptoms never got nearly as bad as hers, but of course it could be differences in our immune systems playing into it.

Thankfully I've got about 15g of HXE left, if I can find a little gremlin that specializes in attaching methyl groups I could have some more MXE. A 100mg day every 2 weeks would probably be a suitable prescription. I could never have more than 100mg at a time otherwise I will most likely do it daily til it's gone or I flush or hold with a friend. Really the only drug that's ever been like that for me.