• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Best MXE Replacement Compound

Which compound is the best replacement for MXE?

• Total voters

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
With all of the "MXE replacements" currently being touted in the RC market, I am curious to hear which compounds people prefer.
If you've tried MXE and at least a couple of these "MXE replacement" compounds (DMXE, DCK, FXE, HXE, MXiPR, MXPr, etc.), please vote in the poll above.
I'm also very interested in hearing about people's experiences with these compounds in the replies below.
If you have found a better MXE replacement that isn't listed, feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the poll.

( Paging @Xorkoth and @fastandbulbous )

Last edited:
I've tried MXE and all of the above mentioned compounds except HXE and MXP (the latter shouldn't be all to similar since it's a diarylethylamine), and imo DMXE and MXPr are the closest effect-wise. They both lack some of MXE's magic though and MXPr only resembles MXE for around an hour then it sort of "cools down" (the people who've tried it probably know what I'm talking about). I still voted for MXPr though, because the first hour is darn close to how MXE feels like and redosing can extend its warmth for some time. Just as a warning though, multiple redoses can make you anxious and seemingly retarded. DMXE is also very close but somehow I don't enjoy it nearly as much, especially in higher doses. MXiPr also shares similarities with MXE but it's definitely unique and has a distinct headspace which feels electrically charged and somewhat strange in comparison to MXE. FXE has a similar magic, euphoria and duration as MXE but the other effects are much more in line with ketamine. FXE is probably the most promising dissociative on the market right now and after my first experience with it I immediately ordered two more grams. It's a great dissociative and the one I'm probably the most sad about once it gets banned. DCK is not similar to MXE at all and so far my experiences with it were pretty lackluster. It makes me feel stupid, catatonic, and it lacks the magic that ketamine offers. Maybe I haven't found the right way of using it (tried 5-40mg, oral/insufflated), because the only times I got sth. out of it were when I combined it with other dissociatives or 2C-B. Is there a reason you didn't mention 3-MeO-PCE? 3-MeO-PCE (and PCE, but you probably won't find that) is a very enjoyable dissociative too and offers a similar warmth and headspace. It's definitely distinct too, but imo it's absolutely worth a shot if you haven't tried it already.

Last edited:
DCK is not similar to MXE at all
Removed DCK after doing some reading and finding that to be the general consensus.
I had a very pleasant experience with it last night, but it certainly felt pretty different from DMXE and 3-MeO-PCE (I haven't tried MXE as I wasn't into RCs back when it was available.)

Is there a reason you didn't mention 3-MeO-PCE?
I've only tried it at low-moderate doses, but it feels very different from both my experiences with DMXE and how I've seen MXE described.

I've only tried it at low-moderate doses, but it feels very different from both my experiences with DMXE and how I've seen MXE described.
Oh yeah it's definitely different but there are a bunch of similar qualities as well. I just wondered because FXE, DCK and MXP were on the list and 3-MeO-PCE shares at least as many or more characteristics with MXE as those. I think you could imitate MXE quite well if you'd combine a low dose of 3-MeO-PCE with a bit of FXE, but I haven't tried this myself. I might try combining PCE & FXE as one of the last trip-reports for my large PCE bioassay.

I don't think MXE is that much of a golden standard. All dissos i've tried have been wonderful in their own right and in their commonalities.

That being said, only tried DMXE out of the bunch in your OP. To me DMXE and MXE are similar enough that i doubt i could tell them apart in a blind test, although i did MXE 10 years prior as a different person so it's hard to tell exactly.

(Voted for "other" just to see the result)

Last edited:
Wow, I’m excited to hear how that is.
Will have my 7th trial with PCE the weekend after this one. I am going for 18mg of the fumarate salt which will be my highest dose after having tried 2.7mg, 5.1mg, 7.5mg, 9.9mg, 12.4mg, 14.9mg, all peroral. After that I want to try a different ROA, then a combination with another dissociative and for my last trial a combination with a psychedelic. After that I will write a conclusion and release the thing, it's already long as shit. Think this will give a good impression of the effects and serve as a decent reference point for future researchers of PCE.

Will have my 7th trial with PCE the weekend after this one. I am going for 18mg of the fumarate salt which will be my highest dose after having tried 2.7mg, 5.1mg, 7.5mg, 9.9mg, 12.4mg, 14.9mg, all peroral. After that I want to try a different ROA, then a combination with another dissociative and for my last trial a combination with a psychedelic. After that I will write a conclusion and release the thing, it's already long as shit. Think this will give a good impression of the effects and serve as a decent reference point for future researchers of PCE.
And is it any good? =D
Have you tried PCP?

And is it any good? =D
Have you tried PCP?
It is, but it's very similar to 3-MeO-PCE so people are not missing out on much imo. The disso connoisseurs would probably be a fan of it though. ;) No, I haven't tried PCP but if everything goes as planned I will be able to get my hands on some PCP and PCPy in the next couple of weeks. If that happens and the lab-result comes back fine, I will do similar titrations and write bioassays for these two as well.

It is, but it's very similar to 3-MeO-PCE so people are not missing out on much imo. The disso connoisseurs would probably be a fan of it though. ;) No, I haven't tried PCP but if everything goes as planned I will be able to get my hands on some PCP and PCPy in the next couple of weeks. If that happens and the lab-result comes back fine, I will do similar titrations and write bioassays for these two as well.
Nice! Along with ketamine, 3-MeO-PCE was probably the only disso I really liked, it's always tricking you and I make it a point to notice and it's just fun all around

I have tried MXE but unfortunately, like many of the drugs I had tried at that time, I don't have a clear picture of the effect profile due to the enormous amounts of benzos I was consuming back then.

I will say I greatly prefer 3F-PCP to FXE, at least as a therapeutic tool. I have actually felt more depressed and sort of hung over each time I've taken FXE, whereas 3F-PCP produces a very nice afterglow. High doses of 3F-PCP are not recreational however, just very confusing and unpleasant.

I will say I greatly prefer 3F-PCP to FXE, at least as a therapeutic tool. I have actually felt more depressed and sort of hung over each time I've taken FXE, whereas 3F-PCP produces a very nice afterglow. High doses of 3F-PCP are not recreational however, just very confusing and unpleasant.
Interesting that you like 3-F-PCP so much, I never bothered buying it since first reports made it out to be kinda lackluster, like a watered down version of 3-MeO-PCP. Maybe I‘ll have to get some, but then again I didn‘t really enjoy 3-MeO-PCP back when I tried it. 3-Cl-PCP on the other hand is very unique and I like it quite a lot.

The only drawback of FXE, besides the price, is indeed the lack of an afterglow and the tiredness when it wears off. I have experienced that and the other two friends of mine that tried it have too. I slept very deep and long, and that only five hours after I took a decent dose.

MXPr was the closest for me overall. Although there's others that have similarities. MXiPr had a very similar body high but was mentally shallow. Ephenidine also had a similar body high and the sheer intensity reminded me of high-dose MXE, except ephenidine was even stronger in that regard. The plateau of 3-MeO-PCE had a very similar headspace to the plateau of MXE, but you couldn't hole with 3-MeO-PCE.

My hunch is that HXE combined with 3-MeO-PCE might come close, as HXE is one of the most sedating dissociatives I've tried, which might allow you to go a bit deeper with 3-MeO-PCE. Although both of those are probably more sedating than MXE, so perhaps HXE combined with PCE would be an even better match, as PCE is more stimulating than 3-MeO-PCE in my experience.

I've tried MXE and all of the above mentioned compounds except HXE and MXP (the latter shouldn't be all to similar since it's a diarylethylamine), and imo DMXE and MXPr are the closest effect-wise. They both lack some of MXE's magic though and MXPr only resembles MXE for around an hour then it sort of "cools down" (the people who've tried it probably know what I'm talking about). I still voted for MXPr though, because the first hour is darn close to how MXE feels like and redosing can extend its warmth for some time. Just as a warning though, multiple redoses can make you anxious and seemingly retarded. DMXE is also very close but somehow I don't enjoy it nearly as much, especially in higher doses. MXiPr also shares similarities with MXE but it's definitely unique and has a distinct headspace which feels electrically charged and somewhat strange in comparison to MXE. FXE has a similar magic, euphoria and duration as MXE but the other effects are much more in line with ketamine. FXE is probably the most promising dissociative on the market right now and after my first experience with it I immediately ordered two more grams. It's a great dissociative and the one I'm probably the most sad about once it gets banned. DCK is not similar to MXE at all and so far my experiences with it were pretty lackluster. It makes me feel stupid, catatonic, and it lacks the magic that ketamine offers. Maybe I haven't found the right way of using it (tried 5-40mg, oral/insufflated), because the only times I got sth. out of it were when I combined it with other dissociatives or 2C-B. Is there a reason you didn't mention 3-MeO-PCE? 3-MeO-PCE (and PCE, but you probably won't find that) is a very enjoyable dissociative too and offers a similar warmth and headspace. It's definitely distinct too, but imo it's absolutely worth a shot if you haven't tried it already.

Is MXPr the one that sent people a bit manic for a while? Jesus and Mary, but shes in the ward type stuff? By god I hope they don't read that, and that they're doing okay. I Mean no offence. x

Shit is getting confusing. I have tried 3-meo-pcp, 3-meo-pce, 3-ho-pcp, 3-meo-pcpy and loads and loads of MXE.

Of the current new MXE "analogs" I havent tried it yet, but I have DMXE coming, so I could add my 2 cents

We are in a moment were there´s too much noise to signal ratio. Regarding the fluoro and cloro analogs it seems like everyone reacts different, so I guess is a question of order all them, test and let the dust settle.

My gut says, for what I have read that DMXE and MXiPR are prob the winners. Also one of the cloro or flouro should be interesting in a unique way.

I guess we will reach some consensus during 2023, so keep assaying, guys and taking your green tea when doing so

Last edited:
I haven't kept up with all the newer dissociatives, but I had a good 5-6 years where MXE was by far my favorite, and almost only drug.
Most so-called MXE replacements have been a major let down, but I love o-pce. It's MXE (3-MeO-2'-Oxo-PCE) without the 3-MeO so should've been in the poll.

A main difference I notice is MXE would tend to be more dissociative at the beginning and stimulating at the end, whereas O-PCE is the reverse (in lower doses).
I don't know if I'm at the same place in my life now to experiment with higher doses of it like with MXE, but I find in low doses (2 x 4-5mg/day) it's as good or better than MXE for depression.
I also find incredible synergy with alcohol (low doses of opce). I only drink 2 months of the year, but it's nearly impossible after 3 beer not to want to add ~5mg of it, and maybe a similar amount again later. Music turns into magic, and mood turns into (hypo) mania. I'm self-diagnosed cyclothymic so YMMV.

Another interesting observation is when I dip in to my precious remainder of MXE, it barely does anything. I'm sure there's cross tolerance with ket/opce, but comparing the 2 right now MXE is a distant second. I'm only comparing lower doses so my opinion might change at higher ones, but I'm trying to save the MXE for an extremely rainy day. Even still, doses of MXE I used to take are quite mild compared to a much lower amount of O-PCE.
Has anyone else noticed similar? It's possible the MXE has degraded.

I also wonder how much better O-PCE would be without having taken so much MXE and K over the years. I suspect with zero tolerance comparing them at the same time I'd prefer O-PCE.
After endlessly raving about MXE I gave some to a close friend who loves O-PCE and he preferred O-PCE.
I also met H.M. a few years ago and geeked out about dissociatives and he said O-PCE was has favorite substance at the moment (or at least disso), and thought it was better than MXE too.

Last edited: