Votes: 1 1.3%
  • The Shining

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Full Metal Jacket

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Eyes Wide Shut

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
The Shining is good but so loosely based off of the novel itself that it is almost an insult to Stephen King whom I believe took it that way. I like A Clockwork Orange.

Actually, it was an insult indeed. Kubrick used the book to manifest his own ideas and mastermind. This is one big F U to Stephen King:
car1.jpg

Yes, There is a documentary about this… Room 237 (I think?). I still love Kubrick though, but I do understand….
I got to see the hotel in Mt Hood once. Very cool - the outside of it.

Actually, it was an insult indeed. Kubrick used the book to manifest his own ideas and mastermind. This is one big F U to Stephen King:
car1.jpg

i was hoping someone would point that out....

but for me its full metal jacket... i remember it being the first movie i ever watched with my dad, i was 3 or 4 so i know it wasnt the first movie i had ever seen just the first one i clearly remember, mostly cause he got mad that i kept asking why the drill sgt kept yelling at everyone and why pile shot him then himself and a thousand other questions....

but def either FMJ or dr. stranglove, shinning close third... stranglove just has so many halerious moments its gota be up there.... a krout by any other name lol shit gets me every time

Yes, There is a documentary about this… Room 237 (I think?). I still love Kubrick though, but I do understand….

That must have been really cool. I really enjoy finding movies spots. Specially those I like.
Some films really stay with us!

The documentary is great but it covers only a minority of what Kubrick did in The Shining. And most of it is just speculation or theories. There are some blogs that go through every single detail of the film and explains the inner layer of the narrative which is absolutely mind blowing.

For example this:

http://jonnys53.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/what-you-may-or-may-not-have-seen.html?m=1

that is what is the doc is called its on netflix... i watched it a few weeks back... and also the hotel was actually a combo of the mt hood local and a manor is england, they talk about it in the doc

They really do Erik. Thank you for the link Fredolin, going to check it out….. the documentary is something to see but not as thorough as it could be.

Pill billy, yeah true - the outside looks like the hotel in the film, but this inside is completely different, we had lunch inside… and went swimming. Not at all like the movie inside.