• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

best generic oxy IR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthunter888

Bluelighter
I have a choice between 3 different pills.

Mallinckrodt brand 30mg (blue/white "M" / "30")
Mallinckrodt brand 15mg (green?/white "M" / "15")
or
Actavis/Amide brand 15mg (green "A" over "214")

note that two 15mg pills (of either brand) are the same price as the 30mg, which leads to the need to choose

**Now I know that when it comes down to it, the cliche says "oxy is oxy", but I've read so many damn times on several forums that different brands (and sometimes even different dose-denominations within a brand) have experiential different effects (headache vs lack of headache, feels stronger, etc.) I guess because of different filler chemicals, so that being said...

1) If taken orally or plugged which one would be best (e.g. as in less bad side-effects, 'seems' more potent etc.)?; assume I'm taking two 15's of the same brand, or one 30 for dose consistency

2) If I were snorting, then obviously a 30 would be better than two 15s because of less filler, but which would be better between the Mallinckrodt and Amide 15s to snort (e.g. breaks into fine powder more easily, burns less)?

3) If taken orally or plugged would a Mallinckrodt 30 be the same experience as two Mallinckrodt 15s (e.g. same side effects, headache or lack of, same effectiveness, etc.)-- it seems like they may have different filler chemicals?

I have experience with all of these intranasally, and you're going to find that with equivalent doses, the difference between the generics is negligible. Any notable differences between the M & A generics would be purely placebo.

However, in terms of preference, I find that the Actavis Oxy IRs (A/214 and A/215 for 15s and 30s, respectively) have a slightly better taste, are a bit smaller, and have a finer consistency when crushed. That leads me to prefer the Actavis slightly, but on an aesthetic level only. In terms of potency, they're exactly the same, no matter what anyone tells you.

And if you can help it, take a 30 over two 15s. Better active ingredient to filler ratio.

But this thread is not really suited for OD. Perhaps BDD, but even so, this subject has been covered a countless number of times. A quick search of this forum or BDD could have yielded all the answers you were looking for and then some. Try that first next time.

I have experience with all of these intranasally, and you're going to find that with equivalent doses, the difference between the generics is negligible. Any notable differences between the M & A generics would be purely placebo.

However, in terms of preference, I find that the Actavis Oxy IRs (A/214 and A/215 for 15s and 30s, respectively) have a slightly better taste, are a bit smaller, and have a finer consistency when crushed. That leads me to prefer the Actavis slightly, but on an aesthetic level only. In terms of potency, they're exactly the same, no matter what anyone tells you.

And if you can help it, take a 30 over two 15s. Better active ingredient to filler ratio.

Agreed. Excellent points all around.

Why would you need to question getting double the amount of oxy for the same price? Just take the damn 30s.

Oxy=oxy=Oxy=oxy=Oxy=oxy=Oxy=oxy=Oxy=oxy=Oxy=oxy

Jesus fucking christ.

Eh The As and M boxes are pretty much the same, However the Vs arent very good for intranasal ingestion imo. They remain in your nose till at least the next day and cause blue snot.

for me the malli's go into a solution a whole lot easier than all the other brands

i got a friend back home who prefers the white M 30s. he says they work better for shooting.

if i were you tho i would get the 30's anyway because less binder for ur needless syringe.

I'm gonna shoot this to BDD, hoping you'll get more responses on the level of post #3.

What? Basic Drug Discussion. This seems like a pretty complex question for such a category, because answering it involves extensive trial and error (and maybe even chemical knowledge of filler materials) by people who are accustomed to the oxy high.

For intranasally I would go for the Mallies, they are also the best for shooting. Me personally I love the V's because they make the solutions blue and green which I think is awesome when it comes to shooting.

Its far from complex. As you stated oxy is oxy, the amount of ppl who would feel a true side effect because of a different inactive filler is so so so tiny, everyone else is placebo. Orally its all going to be the same no matter which pills you take, the only slight possible difference is one might hit you a few mins faster than the other, as for snorting or plugging go for the 30s just because its less powder to deal with

lol...yes...yes, there are VAST differences in different generic forms of the EXACT same drug. take the wrong one, and not only might you not get high, but your spine could fall out your ass and you'll DIE! the smart thing to do would be screw all the generics and go pay ten times as much for a name brand Percocet 5/325. Please, go do that. So, then I could go and scoop up all those generics you're skeptical about and I be get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

There is Noooooooooooo difference in the drug, one oxy will do the same as another oxy, its all in people's heads.

I don't know, I think too many people are minimizing the importance of inactive materials, because although they are inactive, they seem to have some effect on the qualitatives of the high (e.g. an effect on metabolism or rate of absorption would produce qualitative differences).

I remember reading on a reputable forum some time ago that somewhere around 14 out of 16 people reported that Actavis/Amide oxy IR produced a stronger high and less negative side effects than Mallinckrodt oxy IR at equal dose with the oral ROA. And 14 out of 16 is pretty hard to ignore. I just wish I saved the page or something, can't find it now.

Also I experienced something first-hand with the generic pink adderall 30s. they just didn't seem to have much of an effect, were very short-lived, and did not improve concentration the way the name brand orange adderall did at equal doses, regardless of the fact that the active ingredients were the same. And it's impossible that it was placebo because I only found out a few days AFTER I made this conclusion that these were a "bad version of adderall" as agreed by many forum members. And I don't see why oxy would be any different in this regard with inactive materials.

It's gonna take some time for me to test this out on my own because I only do opiates once every two weeks to avoid tolerance, but until then "oxy=oxy=oxy" just doesn't cut for proof's sake. Maybe I'm just too much of a skeptic or am missing information that really answers this, but ultimately I think a study should be done on inactive materials and their qualitative interactions with active ones, because even very slight chemical differences can have a significant impact on qualitatives. If there is already one I'd appreciate a link to it.

For me the V cut 4812 blue roxis are the best. The ones with the M inside of the box aren't as good and the A over 214 are about the same as the M ones. I only sniff these things barely ever pop em.

the A 215's are back in pharmacy's now. there nowhere as good as they were before the recall. its ok though, I quit chasing that buzz a loooong time ago..its all about being well.

Status
Not open for further replies.