Best friend OD'd

Gaffy

Bluelighter
best friend od d after drinking a bottle of whisky with 60 pills of valium. Its a big shock.

Losing your best friend that way is so hard. I mean it's hard anyway but it digs deeper when drugs are involved because people don't get the sympathy that they deserve.

The want to say awful things about the user and almost use an " I told you so " attitude. I hate that shit. Can you imagine the pain one has to be in to not only accidentally OD, but to OD with other plans in mind. Either way their pain had to be just horrible.

I'm sorry man. Hope you can rebound from it OK here in the future <3

Last edited:
Moved this to the dark side (where it will get better responses).

Hey Gaffy, I'm really sorry to hear that buddy. Prayers for you and your friend.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear this man. It's so hard when we lose our loved ones so suddenly, especially when they are so young. My best friend ODd nearly 4 years ago and it completely destroyed my whole world. It took me a solid 3 years to get myself together again. So I really do feel your pain. It will take time, but you will be okay. He will always be in your heart and your memories <3 Please take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Gaffy,
I’m so sorry to learn about the loss of your best friend. Know that you may possibly feel worse over the next few days/weeks, perhaps months, than you feel now. That’s completely normal. I’m struggling with the OD of my dad which was also due to a high quantity of benzos, plus a few other things (not in high dosages) which I suspect he threw into his necro-homebrew for added assurance that he wouldn’t ever see another sunrise.

The most sound advice I can give you is: Don’t blame yourself

The fields of psychology, psychiatry, and psychoanalysis have been in existence for 100+ years, yet there remains a stigma re: seeking help for the non visual or non tangible issues that are bothering you and affecting your emotional well-being.

For whatever reason, men are less likely to seek help non-physical, non-visible problems they’re experiencing, while women are less hesitant, as a whole, to open up about these types of problems and seek help from a professional psychologist or licensed therapist. Women also share their problems with other women more, based on my observations.

My guess is that your friend had issues he didn’t want to talk about with anyone and they seemed insurmountable.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss
11 months ago I lost a very good friend to an overdose, too. heroin. It still stings, because I keep wondering what he could have accomplished, and how I can never meet him again, or discuss philosophy with him. Now that we're getting close to the one year mark I've been thinking about him more often.

But I try to find solace in the fact that I'm not the only one reminded of him. He had many friends, and we all think about him, that makes him immortal. It just sucks that we can't talk anymore.

Bleib tapfer

Oh wow so he should come out of the coma?! Are they sure? Dude I'm glad to hear that.

That's good to hear man! Your initial post I thought you had lost him, but I'm happy that's not the case