Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

best film soundtracks and scores

^LOL. Taxi Driver's original score brought a great jazzy "dirty" feel to the film.

really not the same as what has been listed. not the -go run to your computer and download this- type of soundtrack...
but as for moving a movie along, doing its purpose and adding additional layer on top of the visual... old horror movies have it. the dissonance driven scores to keep people on the edges of their seats and create tension enough to cut through. the sounds that spark anxiety- think of halloween and psycho... driven simple scores, good for their time and for their purpose

i just got hold of the sountrack to 'master and commander...'

it's great.

alasdair

All Wes Anderson films
Superfly
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Kids
2001: A Space Odyssey
City of God
The Virgin Suicides
Tommy
A Clockwork Orange
Ghost World

clint mansel's score for 'requiem for a dream' is really good. it can also be heard in 'lotr: return of the king', though it is a little different.

i am really partial to "the doors" soundtrack
The Movie
Riders On The Storm
Love Street
Break On Through (To The Other Side)
The End
Light My Fire
Ghost Song
Roadhouse Blues
Heroin (The Velvet Underground)
Carmina Burana (Carl Orff)
Stoned Immaculate
When The Music's Over
The Severed Garden (Adagio)
L.A. Woman

but whats even better is what is not included on the soundtrack: dylan, the riverias and so on

DigitalDuality said:
( i wished Donnie Darko had a soundtrack, so i just compiled all the songs in that movie onto a cd)

Donnie Darko does have a soundtrack, and it KICKS ASS!%)

Pretty in Pink - from my era, what can I say, solid tracks all the way through

Event Horizon - whilst I'm not given to orchestral soundrtracks, I liked this one

Sliver - again, for it's time, that was one I actually went and go the soundtrack for and listened to repeatedly (especially the Massive Attack track)

I'll give a nod as well to DD's pointing out of Hackers ;)

Can't believe I didn't mention 1492: The Conquest of Paradise--probably my fave on a per-track basis.

Man, I miss a lot of people who posted in this thread years ago. :(

Peter Gabriel did the score to The Last Temptation of Christ on a record titled Passion.

It's amazing.